Away Charlotte Bobcats Saturday Mar 23 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Charlotte Bobcats

Saturday Mar 23 2013 - 7:00 PM EST

Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

I think Jason Maxiell adds less to this team than Stuckey does. For the first six minutes in this game he had held the team back in nearly every offensive and defensive possession.

I'm happy to see Knight back. He adds to this team, and without him we are basically blown out every game. He doesn't blow defensive assignments on a regular basis and contributes to a decent amount of rebounds based strictly off of effort.

As much as we are all lobbying for optimal draft position, I want to see Drummond back ASAP. I just want to see some positive energy. I don't want to lose guys like Monroe and Knight because they are put in positions to fail (Monroe dominating PFs and getting killed by Cs because our other bigs are such a non-factor).

I'm also tired of watching Stuckey watching Kemba driving past him. The concept of "help defense" isn't a difficult concept. I have never seen him change an opponent's direction or initiate a trap. He plays defense like BoT does, which is grabbing an opposing guard by the neck/arm.

If we have to endure this next year I don't know if I will stick around for it.
  4. MARK MADSEN!

Another observation: Greg Monroe's body language is toxic.
    del likes this.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

The team is reflective of their leadership. Do certain people here still think Larry is a good coach? This team has how many top 10 picks in recent years? and they have continued to regress and get worse? But Larry was going to put Drummond into the starting lineup if he didnt get hurt? wow thats a convenient tagline. He needs to go and he should never be allowed in the state of michigan ever again. He has done absolutely nothing to improve a single aspect of the team during his tenure
  6. MARK MADSEN!

BoT playing the role of tank destroyer. Are you freaking kidding me? Get rid of this guy.

EDIT: On a serious, if-we-are-trying-to-win note, Jose has not played. Bynum has not played, and these are the only reason they are in the game. Both guys, especially Calderon, were getting murdered by Pargo and Walker. I don't understand the love affair with either of them when they are completely invisible on defense. It doesn't matter if his FTs have perfect form, or how unselfish he is. He can't play D, and he is not a part of our future.

CV wins the game. This man is truly toxic.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Saddest win in years. The team was celebrating like they won the NBA title. Good grief.
    del and BallDon'tLie like this.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And someone just said a couple of days ago to bench Charlie because he would mess up our lottery chances...so he was the goat and hero tonight...lol
  9. LA Dre

You know how it is when you haven't won in almost a month. ..you got to celebrate.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I missed the 4th Q so I went to NBA.com to see who won. The recap had me laughing and crying. Charlie really is Mr. Wait Til' Next Year. If he could just get on a good program this summer, maybe some cross training in MMA or something like that, he could really be something.
    Pistons at Bobcats - March 23, 2013 - Game Preview, Play by Play, Scores and Recap on NBA.com
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

I like how they're fending off their longest losing streak since way back in 2010.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Big story of the night: Bynum did not play in the 2nd half, giving us a chance to win a game. The game before, Frank, desperate above all esle to use a four point guard rotation rode a losing unit of Bynum, Stuckey, and Calderon to a loss in the 2nd half. This time, he let Bynum sit and watch real NBA players play.

CV canned those 3 pointers, and played backup center ok (condidering the competition, we might as well put CV at center.)

Monroe had a decent game, despite the fact that our starting unit is rancid and allows continuous double teams of Monroe. He did not score a lot, but had enough assists and rebounds to make it a good showing for him anyway. JMAX had a good game, keeping it in the realm of what he can do vs. heat checking long jumpers he just can't make.

Middleton affected the game very positively for us, especially with all that length and hustle on defense. He did score 6 points too, 2 ft's and 2 midrangers. Basically, the coach actually made a good decision in the 2nd half, playing Middleton a good long stretch there vs. giving Bynum any floor time. Fantastic choice. Just wish coach had been caring about W's the rest of the season. That choice was always there for him.

No English. Obviously, he should get minutes before Bynum gets any.

Good game for Stuckey, managing scoring and assists. (But remember, this is Charlotte we are talking about.)

Knight is back. Not that it matters. Unless coach wises up and quits playing Bynum. Lets look at this. Stuckey was our starting point. Knight came along and took the job over him. Then Calderon came along and took the job over Knight. Hey, we now have 3 starting point guards on the team. No need for Bynum. None whatsoever, and besides his age means he is no part of our future anyway.

What would have won this game a whole lot faster: Calderon, English, Middleton, Kravtsov, Monroe starting.

Knight, Singler, JJ, CV, JMAX for the 2nd unit. Stuckey is an emergency point guard.

No roles for Maggette, Bynum.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

I disagree Lee, I think Maggette and Bynum could be the veteran voices on the bench. They're the 2 leaders of the team really.

Wasn't it Maggette who huddled the team up after a win earlier this year? Bynum is the only Pistons rotation player who mentions his teammates.
    Nemo likes this.
  14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I missed this game but screamed when I saw the score. I was hoping that the Pistons would split the two games left with Charlotte. I hope this is not the last three years over again. Sure the Pistons picked Monroe and Drummond who "fell" in the draft by winning at the end of the season. That was pure luck relying on other GM mistakes. Let's have the organization pick someone near the top. Joe can do it. The team needs the talent.

The Pistons were at the 4th pick. A few more meaningless wins and they could wind up at the 9th pick.

This is an historic opportunity for the organization...Let's hope that they realize it.
  15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

As a Tiger broadcaster used to say, Charlie had a whale of a game. He was mean mugging and getting mobbed while the Pistons chanted...CV, CV, CV.....but the rest of us where hoping for 11 in a row.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder if the annoucer who called CAS a garbage time all-star know how spot on he was.
  17. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

I reckon we should hook up the Bobcats with Charlie.

They love meaningless wins.
  18. LA Dre

That 1 point loss to the Pistons took a lot out the Bobcats...they flew to Miami after the game and the got blown out by 32 points today to the Heat who won their 26th in a row....
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They basically have the Bulls, Spurs, and Knicks as the only impediments to breaking the all time record. Hopefully Pop doesn't sit all his players out.
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sure a fresh Bobcat team would have knocked Miami silly.
    linwood likes this.