Charlotte Bobcats Jan. 13th 7:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 9, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Lee, i think you should e-mail your recaps to Curry. Might help him out. He seems to be confused.

On a side note, anyone who's mad about this game should really watch the 1st few minutes of the 1st quarter again. Watching Rip run in a circle and AI run into the paint at the same time and Stuck's look of absolute WTF should i do and then subsequent f u to both where he just attacks the paint himself is really funny. Granted in a sadistic kinda way, but hysterical nonetheless.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

That was either a non-call, or you call the defensive foul. No way ever that gets called an offensive foul at that point in the game. For absolute sure, Sheed was shoved into hard enough for the defensive call to be called. That bit of an arm movement of Sheed's fending off the steal attempt, was no contact at all in comparison. Nuts.
  3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

You can also see a few plays where Stuck is waiting for Rip to get open while AI stands on the opposite side (waiting for Rip to get open) while time ticks off the clock. When Stuck is waiting for Rip to clear we are not utilizing AI's talent and suffer on defense by being small. When AI has the ball we negate Rip's effectiveness because he is not a spot up shooter.

It's funny when you watch the games with both of them in the lineup; AI takes the same type shots that Rip takes off the curl. He becomes a jump shooter off the screen which is not his game.

We have a great group of players on the team but the coach is not putting the pieces together right now. Let's see how long this experiment ccontinues. Hopefully not too long.
  4. max

max All-Star

It was a bad call but we probably would have lost anyway. Just missed 8 shots prior so no reason to think that one would have went in. With that said the call would not have been made if Sheed was not grating on their nerves all 2nd half - just the usual best starting 5 in the league crapola that we have had to deal with.
  5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Team was out of sync on offense with the two starters back--I mean 10 points in the 4th quarter--are you kidding?

Stuckey could have easily won this game down the stretch. He deferred to the other starters. If you want to win this game, give the ball to Stuckey down the stretch against that team.

AI has not shot the ball well period and so far has not shown he can carry the team.

The second unit whether with Rip or AI needs an outside shooter or Stuckey has to be on the floor. Joe will probably get a shooter.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just posted the exact same thing on the old board. GMTA.

-concerning the Sheed foul call.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

this game made me sick. looked like a nice little win and then it tanked.

the main thing i noticed down the stretch is stuckey at the top and just waiting for players to move...but NO ONE DID. were they tired? did no one want to set a screen? i dunno, but it was awful. at that point i wish stuckey would've just tried to force something...he was having a spectacular game up to that point (22/6/5 on 8/11 shooting)? also, sheed should've played more...he needed to be there in the 4th when we were giving up buckets. he only got 29 minutes, he should've had 36 or so and we never would've lost.

the bad part is that this was a home game. unfortunately, rip's game is not suited to the bench but it doesn't even fit in as well with stuckey (especially if AI is on the floor). bleh.
  8. tremaine

tremaine Second Round Draft Pick

What I don't understand is that I thought it was already understood by Curry that he can not win with small ball?

Curry should start Stuckey/Rip/Tay/Amir/Sheed and then have AI run the point and play combo guard with Stuckey as the games go along.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's really ironic. I remember thinking the exact same thing. I was watching AI just stand in the corner and thinking well isn't that productive. I almost forgot he was on the floor at times. And your right when Rip went out of the game, AI did start running off screens. It's ridiculous. Do we not have more than one offensive set ?

One thing that really puzzles me is why AI is not allowed to play PG anymore. It's like he's on punishment. He can do it for a little while and we would probably benefit from him handling the ball at the end of games. He's not a lost cause. Prince at PG on the other hand just might be.

This is so simple.

Stuckey/Rip/Tay/Sheed/Amir

AI/AA/KB/Max (or Dice)/Tay

I don't understand why this isn't already happening. AI has said he's been willing to do it. Regardless of people's feeling about Rip i think we can agree that we don't any more of a preview of him playing with the bench unit.

AA/Amir/2 big people = good defense/winning = more fun than losing

I can't figure if Curry actually thinks that these rotations are a good idea which scares me.

edited to add;

Also Stuckey has actually proven to be one of our most clutch players. Curry needs to tell him to just go. Stop deferring. Who cares how many years you've been in the league. He's the PG now which means he gets to make the decisions. I know that's easier said than done when he's playing next to Rip/AI, but he's the only one with any sort of rythm out there irregardless of who's in the game with him.

Sorry that's so long winded. I just watched the DEN game where CB made the game winning FT's. Ugh.
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Sheed had to sit with fouls for alot of time....

either Rip has to be traded asap or AI to the bench, Rip with the bench players was worse then watching the lions..... nightmares there.
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

PISTONS: True Blue Pistons
    Also the article underneath that about small ball is actually a little encouraging, and losing this game might not be bad if the end result is what is stated.
  12. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Personally, I think the switch of Allen back to PG and Rodney to SG needs to be made. I know everyone is really high on Rodney's development, but the only thing I see him developing into is a shooting guard.

I don't see him very interested in setting up the offense anymore. He holds onto the ball way too long and guys are running through screens, getting open and he still doesn't give it up. If a play doesn't develop in five to seven seconds, he is planning his shot.

It doesn't even have to be official, but at this time, Allen is setting up more people, including Rodney, and now that Allen has a better grasp of Detroit basketball, he should be the point.
  13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah i forgot about the fouls heh, but still 2 came late in the game so i think he could've gotten more time. but bleh
  14. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

Re: Charlotte Bobcats Jan. 13th, 7:30PM

No, we all don't. They just happen to be your best players. What's wrong with that?
  15. pass99

A dangerous concentration from Stuckey are those big scoring games. Your observation is correct.

AI sets up (and it looks so natural) everyone. I had a good friend of mine comment (and not a huge fan) of AI, say that AI is now probably more dangerous then he has ever been.

One positive result from Stuckey: he is feeling more confident that he can hit his jumper. Without that development, you might as well start Acker.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This post might not go over well, but I agree with pass. It is a good one.

And welcome.
  17. pass99

Could you repeat those meanderings about AI?
  18. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the welcome.

Don't worry, I'm used to having my viewpoint disagreed with. As long as I'm not berated for simply having a different view, accused of being a previous poster and simply insulted because I've joined the board as an Allen fan, not a Detroit fan, I'm okay.

The other Pistons board I used to read is not quite as civil as this one has seemed to be and I've read both since the trade. I just joined the wrong one. :gaah:
  19. roscoe36

You calling someone else's posts meanderings? :rofl:
  20. roscoe36

We've only had one hyperactive Allen fan join so far. To be honest, Allen fans are a lot smarter than I thought they would be.

As long as you want to see the Pistons (with Allen) do well, you'll find someone here who agrees with whatever your POV may be. We (usually) get along, but rarely agree on much.

Civil is supposed to be our calling card. If you need help, just ask.