Charlotte Bobcats April 5th, 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by Dlev59, Apr 5, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Starter

overreacting! overreacting! overreacting! :gun1::flame:
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't understand how a Pistons fan would root against the team making the playoffs. How many free agents will want to go to a team that can't even make the playoffs in the crappy Eastern Conference?
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

How many FA's will want to go to a team that gets embarrassed by the Cavs ? Either way IMO it's a bad situation.

But I also think this season is a complete aberration and most of the FA's know that.

I root for it for my own sanity. I really don't want a repeat of Game 6 vs the Cavs over and over. It's not that i think we suck that bad, i just know that Curry will ensure that we do.
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

FAs may not want to come here for a variety of reasons, but unless they want to go to LA or perhaps Boston, anybody else will also get embarrassed by the Cavs.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Good advice MC! Rip was out. Who exactly were those scorers that WB should have been deferring to?

What a fun game that turned into. It was getting pretty dull by the end of the 3rd and it really looked like we were on the verge of going into a tailspin... in the game and on the season.

It would be a monumental disaster for a team this good to miss the playoffs. It is a true measuring stick and it is necessary to go through it, even if it is an embarrassing loss, in order to figure out what is needed for next year.
  6. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

It is good to make the playoffs so that you can evaluate your team. It keeps up the continuity of the organization. The youth will be tested and have to perform. Some will and some won't. Joe can then respond accordingly in the summer, bring in help and trade away players who do not meet expectations. The season wasn't an aberration and that why it is critical that the above process take place. The Pistons either revamp or the decline due to our aging bigs will continue.

The free agents will come to the Pistons because the Piston's have the money. Money talks above all else.

The Piston brand name may be a bit of a sell but the money is what counts.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with you on the playoffs.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You don't think it would be good for our young guys to get a taste of playoff action....even if it is quick and ugly?
  9. max

max All-Star

Realistically we are probably not going to be serious contenders for a couple more playoffs so - better get used to it.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If we had a young team on the verge on growing into something better I think it would be good.

For example, I'm thinking of the Doug Collins teams that were trying to find their identity as a team. They were a team that had just drafted Hill the year before and won 28 games.

Then in Collins first two years they win 46 and 54. First year they get swept in the first round but you have to feel like they are building toward the future...so you feel good about it. The second year they improve a little bit more.

But now we have a poorly coached team that has no identity and doesn't seem to be building any identity. They are on their way down. I just can't see the benefit of this once elite team getting humiliated in the first round of the playoffs.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We are still dangerous enough and can play good enough defense to pull off an upset if we get some momentum. Beating the Cavs in the first round this year would almost be as satisfying as winning a Title in previous years.

For some reason though, I think the ref's calls would trend toward infinitely ludicrous the closer we get to achieving that. It's like trying to break the speed of light when your mass keeps increasing.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, this would also further re-enforce the distinction that we are on a down trend. The Cavs are a team that we've been close to in seeding and competitive with (or better than) for the past few years.

Also i agree with the identity thing. While i would love to think of the PO's as a tool for the young guys to get experience and the team to "come together", i'm not buying it.

This has been a trying year, and Curry will allocate the majority minutes to the veterans anyway so it's not really worth it. We aren't going to see the young bigs getting a real taste of the PO's, but rather the depressing sight of Dyess putting his heart on the floor and us still losing.

The only person who will get significant PO minutes/experience is Stuck and he looks like he's in desperate need of time off.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I can only think of one, Allen Iverson and I don't see him signing here.

I am with you on the playoffs. $5 in cap space and the last pick in the lottery can work wonders someone's imagination.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ah yes Detroit native Denise Nicholas
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am thinking we not only get in the playoffs and show some pride, but comntinue to shoot for the seventh spot as a first round upset of the Celtics or Magic is more of a possiblity than the Cavs...as KG is still hurting and we are still in the Magics head.
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Bingo.... they need to get there feet wet....

Also, wouldn't it be best to see how the coach adjusts from game to game in a series.... that would help Joe see if he needs to pull the plug faster or slower.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Curry needs the experience more than anyone else.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

yeah Bill ...Playoff expirience relly helped out Malone, Barkley and Stockton! heeheehee
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It would really be something that he could look back fondly upon when he's assistant coach for the Clippers in 2011.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

delete your PM's goofball! anyway,,,check Tigers area on MLBTv options....sheesh!what a way 2 leave a message.