Charlotte At Detroit - March 12 6:00PM

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by max, Feb 26, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Charlotte At Detroit

Sunday March 12
    6:00PM

TV: TV20
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~​
  2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Home game against the worst team in the NBA. Time to get back on track after that humiliating lost last nite. Starters must concentrate on the game rite from the tip off.

It's been awhile since we blow any teams away.

IT'S GET BACK TO WORK TIME!!! Hopefully the game would be over by the beginning of the 4th. Scrubs will then play more minutes to get us ready for the big games ala Heat, Suns and Mavs.
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Finally, the Linwood family can drink hot chocolate and warm ourselves by the cathode glow of the television set. I appreciate George and Rick rockin the radio, but it will be nice to see the boys in action tonight. Hopefully they will recover from last night's loss and show the Bobcats look like kittens.

Took a walk yesterday. Saw the first flowers of spring. Also saw a redwing blackbird. Won't be much longer till playoff time, and I just pulled out the BBQ grill to make everything was all set. Did a three point inspection on the beer cooler as well.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Check you out Icepick, going all,"at one with the universe". Doing all the little things to be at peace. We wouldn't want a cooler malfuntion to ruin your tao.
  6. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I hope NO ONE missed the garbagetime play of Jason Maxiel at the end. Did anyone see him DUCK OUT OF THE WAY of a layup? With all of his "PISTON'S DNA" he couldn't even challenge it? Jason was content to just get out of his way. How dare he not play hard in garbagetime. He must be a bum, you think Orlando has any more roster spots open for this bum?
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

actually that was mcdyess. let's trade him to orlando for free tickets to disneyworld for the entire pistons team.
  8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Interesting moment in the game when Chauncey looked extremely pissed at Mo Evans and started barking at him...right after Chauncey drained a three. Anyone know what was up with that?
  9. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Wow,they do say the healing process takes time.Hopefully the feelings for you know who will fade soon I won't mention Darko's name as not to bring up jock strap emotions.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

OK just what we needed a little home cookin to stop the bleeding. We will always score at least 88-92 points and if the defense holds a team below 85 it is a guaranteed win. :thumb:

Still with all said, we kind of let up near the end of the third as Flip may have gone with the starters a little too long. That combo of Mo, Tay, Dice, Rip and Delk out there near the end of the half playe well together and maybe Flip should have gone back to it earlier, to relieve nervousness from the fas. No complaints though as the W is what counts here. #50

For the second game in a row, we won the battle of the boards and the paint. Plus the other team didn't have a 3 ball arsenal to offset it. The defense was there tonight limiting the Cats to 37.8% compared to the 55% from the Wiz last night. 33 assists tonight!!

Prince was indeed the MVP of the game with 23 pts and 6 assists. Hopefully this is his wakeup call for him. Ben got 15 brds despite sitting out awhile with a tweaked ankle. Rip helped us put it away in the 4th and dispite the 5 TO's by CB, he still had 11 dimes. Only 4 3 attempst by Sheed tonight. Somebody is listening to flip and the fans...

No points from Evans, but 4 assists, 3 brds, and 2 steals. Looks like Delk is a keeper in terms of points. Hitting the three with more accuracy than Mo. Hopefully he can start setting the guys up for assists and add that to the bench production.. A nice double-double from Dice tonight

Flip said that Hunter was under the weather, but don't know why Delfino rode the pine until the last minute of the game. Flip may have been saving Hunter for Mike James on Wednesday. The Raptors who beat the Pacers tonight know how to put up some points, so lets hope our defense travels with is to the Air Canada Center. :nod:
  11. roscoe36

I'm comfortable with Delk playing over Hunter. He's holding up his end on "D" and playing great offense.

Dice's double double (10+11) snuck up on me. I didn't realize he had that great an impact on the game.

Good win at home, let's get it rolling. 19 games to go...

Oh yeah and 50 WINS baby!
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

See a pattern with Tayshaun?... dissapear on the road... double the stats a home... he should do well against Mo Pete.
    Dice looked young again tonight...active body...very agressive... I'm thinking someone lit a fire under these two guys...

The Raps are gonna be tough at home..

Bosh in a Piston uni....:hurt:
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

A couple more games like this from Delk and you'll be getting props for spotting his hidden talent... I'm ok with T.D. taking most of Lindsey's minutes also (for now).
    Oh what the heck...might as well see what Delino can do instead of Evans for a spell while we're at it.
    Feels like going to confession... dear father I have been a bad judge of talent lately :P
  14. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

thanks for the recap dre. i missed the game (movie night with my kids: citizen kane!) but it sounds as if it was a good one and the guys took advantage of the opportunity at home against a weak team to emphasize some things that have been lacking in the losses.

one thing, however, stood out in the box score, a minor blemish perhaps, but it's the second game in a row: 15 turnovers (5 by chauncey)... it's not a huge number, obviously, but they came into D.C. averaging 11, and turned it over 17 times. anybody who watched what seemed to account for the turnovers? or was it really an insignificant blip in the overall flow of the game and not worth comment?

i don't want to scandalize anyone, but i realized as we hit 50 that we are mathematically still in the hunt for 70! maybe we should try to get that 70 talk goin' again! i'm just keeeeeeding:laugh:
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

A couple of those turns weren't Chauncey's fault... he was feeding the post but Dice didn't do a good job of sealing his man off... Chauncey got on Dice for that (Laim said he was yelling at Dice instead of Evans).
  16. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

I was at the Wizards game here in DC, and was disgusted with their play. Looks like tonite was much better.

I'm with Delfino over Evans-just brings more to the table. He's also a better defender. Delk is looking like a real find-he tends to shoot a bit too often but it's nice to have someone off the pine who attacks the basket and can put points on the board.

Like everyone else, I want to see us get back to playing old-fashioned Detroit Pistons basketball--no more layups, no more dunks. You can sometimes outscore opponents in the regular season, but that won't work in the playoffs.

On another note, it looks to me like Miami is struggling a bit. I know they're winning, but the wins are coming over mediocre teams and are for the most part close shaves, often at home. I'm confident we can beat them when the time comes, IF we are playing the way we are capable of rather than what we've seen the last five games or so before tonite.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Game Notes:

'Rasheed Wallace wowed his teammates during pregame warmups by pulling off a trick where he made two 3-pointers at the same time -- one with each hand.'

lol nice
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i think chauncey gave up many of his shots so that the ball could get to tayshaun.
  19. roscoe36

20. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Good win, no doubt.

Tay was definitely the MVP tonight.

Is Tay trying to send a message to Flip?

Definitely a thing Flip and his assistants should look into.