Charley Rosen on Central Division

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Oct 15, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Goodrich's, nba analysist, take on east

He said that Indy, Detroit, or Miami will make the Finals, and that it will mainly depend on injuries.
    Well we are the toughest team, and we are the strongest, and best conditioned. Plus if we have an injury it won't affect us as much if it happened to one of Indy's or Miami's stars. Its great to have almost everyone being really good on your team.:)

3. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

thanks for the link. some interesting quotes:

funny because when we got him, he was touted as a pass-first PG.

i hate to say this, but i sometimes feel that Tay's D is overrated. Tay's got excellent shot-blockers behind him that can erase many mistakes he may make on D.

has Dice really been a defensive liability that Rosen insinuates?

4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Outside of the Tay comment (I think any respect Tay gets for his defensive abilities is warranted), I was thinking the same thing. Rosen is a moron.

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nostradamus

Wow. I don't agree with any of the things he said.

It was especially gutsy of him to go out on such a limb and pick either Miami, Detroit or the Pacers to go to the finals. He's a regular Nostradamus.

Ok, now let me try....

I predict that 8 teams will make the playoffs from the East and... um... maybe 8 or 9 more from the West.

And as a bonus prediction...The player that gets the most votes for Most Valuable Player of the Finals will be crowned Finals MVP.

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

lol :laugh:

7. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

He was right about Indy only having enough grit to get by cleveland.

8. Fool

Fool First Round Draft Pick

Rosen is often preoccupied with the Western Conference as evidenced by his comments that Tay's defense is underated (the only place that is true is in the West, with fans and reporters alike), that Ben Wallace does what he does—but he needs to do it better on the road (I assume this stems completely from the Spurs finals, as I've never heard it before and the Pistons were historically successful on the road in big playoff games before the Spurs series), and his rather lengthy comments about Flip and defense (as any reporter who isn't familiar with Flip just throws in the "he runs zones" comments).

Rosen is biased and sentimentally hooked on "the old days" of basketball but he appreciates defense and loves to pick apart superstars in valuable breakdowns that, although jilted, aren't easily found in the columns other hype chasers (aka, "NBA reports").

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

what scouting report is this? The guy leads the league in blocks. The high foul rate is probably a skill issue. But it seems by all accounts that the effort is there.

10. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Funny Schiznit

Very entertaining reading.
    “Tim Thomas has more heart problems than Eddy Curry—look for Scott Skiles to chain him to the bench.”

“Ervin Johnson can foul, block shots, and fumble passes out of bounds.”

“Perhaps Jiri Welsch will get enough playing time to locate his missing jump shot.”
    LMAO :laugh:

Rosen verbalized my opinion of the Pacers as capable but “Fragile”. Also not all that deep.

I’m surprised at his take on Mo Evans as an early season 6th man candidate.

Iamme,
    Maybe the Dice “give back” comment stems from Antonios penchant for fouling (both defensive and offensive). I felt his board work and shot blocking / altering easily makes him a plus on the D end.