Chad Ford Mock Draft 9.0

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Agreed.

Also, your avatar perfectly complemented this post.
  2. max

max All-Star

If we can't get Drummond then I would be tempted to go with Leonard or Zeller - get a solid center out of this.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ugghhhh........ GM IS A CENTER!!!!! Point-Blank-Period! The days of playing 2 big slow guys upfront who can't stretch the floor are over. There are probably only 2 big Centers in the league who'd I 'd take over GM (Bynum and Howard). Get a 4 who can defend the 3 (on a switch) shoot the 3 and rebound!
  4. max

max All-Star

I would not call Monroe slow.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

he's pretty fast for a 5 but he can't guard smaller players players on the perimeter on a switch, he won't challenge a stretch 4 all the way out to the arc. Offensively he can't knock down a 18'er on a consistent basis.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe is sneaky quick. Very efficient in his movements and bullies his way to the offensive glass with enough weight to get it done.

Henson's scouting reports list: quickness, great help defense, shot blocking, incredible standing reach (3.5" higher than Davis), low foul rate, soft hands, and ambidexterity as his major attributes. Weaknesses are thin frame, reliance on athletic ability over positioning, and horrendous FT shooting.

Seems like a nice opposite to Monroe who is physically solid, a poor shot blocker, and Mr. Fundamental.

In watching Henson's highlight reels, I noticed that he has a ton of feathery blocks (where it doesn't look like a block, but the shot falls short half way to the basket). My take on that is that he surprises jump shooters with his length.

After the push up routine, this kid is going to be able to hit the scoreboard with a medicine ball... I'm telling ya.
    basketbills likes this.
  7. max

max All-Star

He does have to work on his range but he did lead all Centers in steals, and would have been 4th in STPG amoung PF's. Lot of that was stripping the ball from guards.

All boils down to if you want to take a risk on a Henson or go for the safe pick. You can always trade the safe pick later if he does not fit in but at least we can get something for him either way. Then again what if Henson or Moulette or whoever acually did work out? Do we go for it or play it safe? Its a good draft for either scenerio - I wish we had 2 picks.
  8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

He can play the 4 or 5 for years to come, but the other big needs to be one that compliments him... if Ben wallace is the 5... no big deal, if you have a center that is a paint only defense player... then its an issue.
  9. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I think Henson is the safest pick if Drummond is taken.

The "wild" pick would be Leonard.
  10. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I'm starting to warm up to Leonard. I sort of naturally assume that my fellow whiteys aren't particularly athletic, but he's got some quickness and hops, and is more ready to go than Henson (who feels like a poor man's Hasheem Thabeet).
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

John Henson