1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

CB and Dice for AI

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Delfino Delivers, Nov 3, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

78 posts in 90 minutes, you have to wonder what this forum's reaction would have been if this had been CB for Carmelo trade??

2. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Goooooooooooooooood Afternoon Piston Fans:
    Wake up. This is just a joke right!
    I'm going back to watching the stock market. Well...the market is a joke too.

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

On the flip side, it will be interesting to see how CB fits in DEN. Will they become more half-court? Will GK's free wheeling approach kill his game? Will his stats go though the roof? One things for sure, he can say goodbye to the All-star team.

Also, can AI play 1/2 court effectively ? Philly was a half court team IIRC, but it was so long ago, i don't remember what it looked like.

4. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

Here is one blogger's take on the trade. I posted it here because it lists the free agents soon to be available in the magical summer of 2010.

What worries me is that Detroit isn't usually the destination of choice for big-name FAs. Maybe a good roster, a well-respected GM and a tradition of winning will be enough to entice LBJ?

5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Even though I seem to favor this deal, there are some feelings involved as CB was a huge part of the team. But there are a couple of points I'd like to make in response.
    Double team on AI may mean more missed jumpers for others.
    Hermann only had one big game, against Wizards mind you. So, lets hold off on singing the praise as of yet. Although, I do like his game. Not sure how our youth will get more playing time with Dyess possibly coming back unless he retires and AI is on the court for 20-25 min. So there is some give or take on this, but the team should be quite a bit more exciting.

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Great post; It really captures the essence of this thread LOL

edited to add; 8 people called me in the last half hour and every single person started with you know, AI was traded to, etc. proceeded by WTF would they do that?

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Denver has already shut down JR in favor of Anthony Carter. Looks like a short run for him as a starter.

9. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Agree, maybe this trade will eliminate some of the complacency w/ this team. Another positive is that we now have a guy who can carry the scoring for the team on any given night. Still, it is scary losing a good PG like CB, plus one of the only guys who is willing to bang down low in Dice. Hope Joe as another move up his sleeve for a rebounder. Wonder if this was a fill the seats kinda of move.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The trade hasn't been approved yet as Dice is pondering his options. Doesn't seem like he wants to go to Denver and just rather retire.

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Joe D- "I love it! .... wait until next summer when Chris Paul and Deron Williams are available! They'll never see me coming!"

Scott Perry- "But Joe, those two signed extensions this summer"

Joe D- "Uh oh."

12. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Could we really get Chris Bosh and LeBron James? :detective::bigeyes:

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LOL.

On that note though, it is ironic how much teams struggle to find a good PG, and we just gave one away for a undersized shooting guard. We're CLE at PG w/o LBJ.

I remember the excitement from DEN fans and laughing about how they were in for a rude awakening with AI. It's not so funny anymore . . .

14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

My first thought was...I don't like this, I don't like A.I. (didn't like Billups either), and how does this affect CB on my fantasy team?

Now after thinking about it, I think I like the deal.

I like Dyess, but you know...he had his chances (not blaming him).

Goodbye to the light switch (CB).

I can deal with AI if he makes the team better. I do think he will add a spark.

Cheikh Samb...like...whatever.

Yeah, I'm OK with it. I wanted Melo, but oh well...

Oh, and my fantasy team. Que sera sera.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watched NBA TV and Rich Kamla (sp) doing hs fantasy recap this morning, it must have taped since he didn't mention the trade) He indicated that AI was not happy with losing his "captainship", but I am not sure if he did or not...well now he has....He also advised that AI was asking to be traded.

16. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

AI > CB in fantasy.

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

More on that;

18. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

:bigeyes:Yeah, this affects me as well since CB is on my fantasy team as well.:D

Hearing you guys on here makes me wonder what the guys are saying on the Denver Nuggets forums.lol

I wonder if they are happy or mad?.

19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

<optimist point of view>

interesting article about iverson from 2 years ago:

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Don't question The Answer

we do lose a LOT of 3-point shooting with this deal, which i thought could be used more with stuckey and billups playing together...stuckey driving and kicking to billups in the corner for the 3 where he's shot almost 50% in his career.

on the other hand, AI seems to be more of a curry-type guy. someone who can drive and get in the lane and open things up, as well as generate his own offense when ours stagnates (as has happened the past several years with no go-to guy). it's definitely something the team has struggled with in the playoffs the past few years. with any luck he can teach stuckey a thing or two about finishing.

i'm not sure if dice will come back, but even if he doesn't i don't think that is a huuuuge loss, because i can't figure out what his role on the team is. you saw how much of a weapon herrmann can be, especially since he's capable of playing power forward...you throw him out there instead of dice at the end of games and you have a driving/3-point threat that you never had before (especially since dice's offense is limited strictly to pick-and-pop/roll jumpers now).

we do lose some size at PG and the ability to back down smaller guards, but then again the ECF isn't exactly brimming with bigger guards to keep up with. rondo and mo williams? they're not going to post up AI and he's got a much better shot of staying in front of them.

our athleticism is greatly improved in the starting unit now. AI doesn't have to play 40+ minutes anymore.

we are much better prepared to spend $ next year and the years following.

</optimist point of view>

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We're not going to lose any 3-point shooting... just 3-point making.