Carlos Delfino..play through the pain!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by basketbills, Sep 17, 2005.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

As an inspiration for Carlos Delfino to play through the pain here is a story about a soccer player overcoming an uncomfortable injury.

(badjocks.com)Soccer Player Repairs Own Bloody Penis, Returns to Game to Score Goal - Yes, you read that headline correctly and I'm not sure whether to call this guy a hero or a complete dumbass. Here's the basic story: Chavdar Yankow is a German soccer player for the team from Hannover. In a match over the weekend against Frankfurt a rival player kicked him in the groin. Said Yankow, "I ran towards the ball and my opponent, the Frankfurt striker Köhler, kicked his foot into my penis." Ouch! He felt some pain, but didn't really notice anything unusual until he went to the sidelines and noticed his shorts were full of blood. A quick trip to the locker room revealed the source of the crimson fountain: a four centimeter gash (about an inch and a half) on his penis! And here's where the story REALLY gets weird! Most guys would have passed out at that point and ended up in a hospital emergency room (I passed out the first time I read the story) . . . but not Yankow. He claims to have--I'm not making this up!--glued the wound closed and put a plaster on it. In the second half he was able to return to the field and not only play but scored the game-sealing second goal for Hannover which won 2-0.
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

"...Frankfurt striker..." :pound:
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Now that's getting your head back in the game!
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

football

As rough as these soccer games are, it's surprising to me that there would be glue and plaster in a lockerroom but no bandages and tape.
  5. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

HOLY CRAP, now that dude was a real trooper.... Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty. I don't know a man out there who would have blamed him for missing the rest of that game or even the freckin season!
  6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Good one!
  7. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I think they mean liquid stitch. They call it glue. I got a dirty elbow to the face once (stupid me playing bball with my glasses on) which shattered and cut a once inch gash near my right eye.

After a 4 hour wait at the hospital *shakes fist at Canadian free health care*, doctor just dropped 2-3 drops of this liquid stitch that he called "glue" and I was good to go with some bandages.
  8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Can't believe that guy did not yell for a medic:Cry: