Can Bonzi Wells, Rose & G. Hill all fit on the Pistons Roster? Pick Two

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 10, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't mind it. However I hate how the bench is never played. Our starters are human, and when they have a good lead or when a player is doing bad bench them damnit! That's what killed us. 4/5 starters didn't perform well in the ECF and we had no one of that bench except Dice and an occasional Lindsey Hunter to perform. Flip needs to change his ways.

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I agree but could you be more specific. How does Flip need to change his ways? Play Delfino more? Play DD more? Different combinations?

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thats the biggest one. I don't know exactly who I want him to play until Joe makes some moves. If we get a young center then play him over DD stuff like that. I do want the bench to played. Delfino has to be in the rotation, and give the rooks a chance midway through the season and see what they can do. I think we'll have new players here and MO, and tony will be gone. Whoever we get we need to play them because our starters have played a lot over these 4 years. Try getting the minutes down to 29-30.

Flip also needs to find a way to get Ben more involved because other teams are cheating and leaving Ben open. Maybe get him in more pick&rolls and make him cut to the basket. Get the guy some confidence and I bet you his ft% goes back to 55-60%.

Flip also needs to get more plays going inside. We died because of the jumpshot and we need play in the playoffs that can get the Pistons paint points. I think Joe will get a good assistant and Flip needs to try getting a good partnership with whoever it might be.

Good luck Flip!:)

4. PistonFan

PistonFan Second Round Draft Pick

If Hill or Rose are available, it'll be due to a buyout. I could see either one of them being willing to come to Detroit for cheap if that's the case. Both have expressed supporting the Pistons during the playoffs. Basically, I have seen signing Rose as a formality. He's been begging to come here the past two years.

I think Wells is easily the best of the three, but I'm not sure he'll sign for the MLE. Obviously, Sheed can have some pull in this.

Additionally, I think we should look at signing Chris Wilcox if he doesn't demand too much. A lot of teams are starting two Power Forwards nowadays, so size isn't a real issue anymore. Shaq's the only real center left, and he's approaching the grave. I'd even be fine with starting Dice. Frankly, I think he deserved Ben Wallace's minutes during the playoffs.

If we replace Wallace with added scoring, are we actually better off? I think so.