C.J. McCollum

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Apr 18, 2013.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Scouting Report: DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: C.J. McCollum, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook
    Video:
    I've given up on my Giannis dream. Gores doesn't sound like a guy who wants to draft a long-term project; he wants to make the playoffs immediately.

7th or 8th pick. Muhammad is probably going to be there. There's a chance Oladipo is going to be there. There's a chance Porter is going to be there.
    I don't like any of the three. Muhammad, I like the most, and there are obviously A LOT of questions with him. Oladipo, I don't think he's ever going to be able to shoot; and I'd rather just sign Tony Allen than waste a high pick on him. Porter, just seems like a version of Tayshaun who can't shoot, put the ball on the floor or stand out on D; no thanks.

...This CJ McCollum kid looks excellent to me though man. I've watched every collegiate game Burke's ever played, and I'd rather have McCollum. Damien Lillard proved that it can be done. Looks like a more natural point than Burke, or Knight. Looks to have better NBA scoring skills than either as well. Great size for a point too at six-three with a six-six wing-span.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I didn't get through the whole video but I really like what I saw. I could watch him shoot all day. He sets up a great firing platform and has a nice release. I'm on this bandwagon.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Are we going to have separate threads for Doug McDermott, Sergey Karasev, and Kenny Kadji?
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Go for it. If you build it, they will come.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I have seen exactly one game from this kid, and that was the Duke game. I've also seen everything on the Interwebs. Based on that, I'll say this young man can straight up ball.
    People compare him to Steph Curry, and I can see that. His shot isn't quite as pretty, but there's no doubt about his ability to put the ball in the hoop. He's definitely a 2 guard, but in today's game a 6'3 SG isn't a liability.

I would be shocked if he was still available at pick #7 or #8. He's one of the top five guys in this draft.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

The fact that his name is C.J. is a deal breaker for me.
    ...sounds like a 2nd rounder.
    Nemo likes this.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Joe drafts him, I'm good with that decision. The injury may keep him on the board a little longer than expected.
  8. Slippy

Dude, If you don't like his name just go into Settings:Players:Name:Change Name.

If you don't have the settings button on your franchise, get your controller and do: left, right, left, right, B, A, Start. That should put you in God Mode and the settings button for the draft and the rest of the NBA should be on the first page. Gores apparently was too busy counting his money to RTFM.
    Special K, linwood and BillLaimbeer like this.
  9. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Agreed. Beautiful shot - good elevation; high, quick release; consistent follow-through; and a nice fade away. If he's not great at the rim, I'm not concerned - he'll learn to lob it up to Drummond if he gets in trouble. I'm more impressed by his mid- and outside shooting, which the Pistons need. As a point guard, he's got work to do - he still dribbles the ball a little high and there seems to be some question about his ability to find the open man. But I really like him as a 2-guard, even at 6'3" - he has a lot of reach on his shot so I don't think his height is going to be a big issue, and if he is a dual threat from the wing, I'm all for it.

The one thing that I saw is that he seems to have a bit of a gambler's mentality. Some of that is good - the Pistons could use a little fire - but he reaches too much on defense and gets caught lunging and not moving his feet one-on-one. Guys at the NBA level are going to take advantage of that.

All that being said, I like him at the 8 or 9 spot - I can definitely see him being a Ray Allen type long-term. This isn't a power draft and the Pistons need to get as much talent out of it as possible.
  10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He looks good, but looks like a 2 to me. Put him at the 2 and he'd have above average handles. Put him at the 1 and he is a below average PG. I like his shooting ability. This team needs it. Seems to want to always go underneath at the rim resulting in tough shots or getting blocked. He'll need to work on that if he doesn't want to be just a jump shooter. Could be a nice Klay Thompson type for us.
  11. Slippy

If you read up about him, its all good. Kim English good.
  12. coynejeremy

You could watch him shoot all day but you couldn't get through the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. coynejeremy

Hey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  14. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Broken Foot? ... No.

Let's pick Oladipo, he is an Avery Bradley, Tony Allen, kind of player.. I like them, they are tenacious on D and the offense will eventualy come.. with the 8th pick it would be a great draft for us if we can get him.
  15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

He's very good. Nice reverse. Nice hesitation and what a jump shot. A lot like Chris Paul with that "can't teach" hesitation weave. It's a big man, or him.
  16. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Why not just spend the pick on someone else and sign T. Allen cheap then?? This is the logic I don't follow with Oladipo fans (who might not even be there at 7 or 8, amazingly)
  17. Slippy

Yeah. I was busy trying to find the cheat code to change your name. Roscoe's got that one hidden!
  18. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Because there's a good chance Tony Allen doesn't want to come to Detroit.
  19. Slippy

you don't know Olipado won't develop a shot. you also don't know if Allen wants to go to detroit for cheap.
    pass99 likes this.
  20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Olipado might take a few years to learn a jump shot. Allen, coming here? You must be kidding about the latter. We might be better off asking Kwame Brown to come back.