Away Brooklyn Nets Wednesday Apr 17 2013

Discussion in 'April 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The Pistons are at the 8th ping pong slot--none of the teams around them won any games the last 5 or 6 except where New Orleans played Sacramento--so one of them had to win. Gores talks about accountability. Well, who is accountable for falling three draft places in the last week?

Anyway, despite everything, the year was good because of Drummond--it would have been a disaster otherwise. And while Monroe did not take a full step forward, he did progress. He is showing some signs. Knight has many box score lines that are scary--he has a ways to go.

Everyone now looks to the pick...I sure wish the Pistons were a few spots higher.

Then, to the cap space. Please no more marginal players just to spend money...

This young group will win but they do need some help from veteran play. They got precious little help from the current group of veterans.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Looks to me like Bynum outplayed Singleton.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I love all of you guys, even Lee, but I think y'all are nuts obsessing about draft position. 3 straight years, people wanted us to do worse, and all 3 years we got decent players.

And yet people are still hoping for lower picks.

The game isn't won on draft night. The game is won by having a healthy, well coached, well prepared team playing together. Even if we drafted a messiah, he's not going to have a big impact in the next year, maybe 2. Our path to short term improvement is going to come through FA.

coynejeremy and alexa032 like this.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It's going to be weird not being in the lottery/cellar anymore if/when that day comes.

I like the Nets announcers.

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If we had kyrie instead of knight, we'd be at the same place record-wise even though kyrie is a better player.

but you have to admit that the excitement of a high pick is pretty much all you have when you go through a season like this, or the one before, or the one before that one. My only regret is that we'll miss out on the greek guy.

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think that Kyrie Irving would be good for some additional wins.
    I TOTALLY agree on your second point.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think he misses enough games to make it a wash.

roscoe36 likes this.