1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Home Brooklyn Nets Friday, December 13, 2013

Discussion in 'December 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Not our best game but it was encouraging.

Here's what I got out of it:
    (1) I specially liked the fact that J. Smoove is now making it a priority to score in the paint, where he's very effective, rather than settling for outside shots.

(2) Billups at PG was awesome to see. He gave us a calming effect and he ran the team much better than Jennings did tonight.

(3) Drummond knocked down his free throws! He shot 6 straight free throws and I believe he ended up with 6/8 for the night.

(4) Monroe absolutely has KG's number this season. This is the second game where he outplayed him.

2. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Billups might help, but I don't see any plays being run out there with any chance of scoring. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like they just handed it off a few times, ran through their motions like it was a practice, and put the ball back in Jenning's hands with about 7 seconds left on the shot clock.

lapiston likes this.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I have watched a lot of Net's games this season. KG has shown no signs of being ready for anything but retirement. Pierce, not much more. In my opinion, NJ needs to forget winning it this season, drop the old guys, and go in a different direction.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I liked how Cheecks took Drummond out at the end of the game and rewarded Monroe and Smith for leaving that foreign guy open all game. That should get his point across.

Billups was great as the backup PG. He made a big difference and could provide a nice contrast to the headless chicken offense they usually run. I hope he can stay healthy.

I got a little Hakeem feeling watching Drummond last night. It would have been a big Hakeem feeling if Hakeem's coaches continually sat him at the end of games for inferior players.

I don't feel like the Nets played poorly or sluggishly.

I genuinely like watching Stuckey play now. Never thought I'd say that.

It's hard for me not to root for the Nets after they crapped all over L Frank.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

Slippy, Lee356 and KGREG like this.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

They traded all their picks to put this team together. There is no other direction to go.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The Billups ran offense lost the league because we couldn't stop 1 play. They posted up Williams on the left block (Stuckey defending), 4 defenders would cheat towards the paint to help, Williams would toss it to the weak side perimeter where guys were open for a 3 three. Mo didn't seem able to restructure the defense to stop the one good play the Nets could run all night.

Jennings is clueless. No matter how good we play he ultimately resorts to streetball......IDIOT!

Dre looked exhausted in the first qtr, but then something happened and he had a brilliant 2nd qtr.

If Josh won't play they right way.......he's a liability, on both ends of the floor because he cant defend SF's. Right now he's a 39% shooter who makes 54% of his FT's. In contrast our backup SF (who isn't really that good) shoots 47% and 83% from the line. If the guy doesn't wise up he needs to be benched. But to his credit, he was a big reason as to why Joe Johnson was held in check.

Moose was good, he has no problem scoring against scrubs that can't play defense.

We're still only a game and a half out of the 3rd spot in the East.

LA Dre and Lee356 like this.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good to see Andre knocking down free throws. His ft shot looks really good. Without it we lose this game.

Stuckey was very good again. KCP and Singler were solid also. I wish Josh Smith would play more like KCP. Shoot less, be a team player and focus on defense. One play late in the game stands out...Smith takes the ball to the hoop with three guys on him. He ignores a wide open Singler who is about 5 feet away from him and hoists up an ugly miss. Not a team player type of play.

Chauncey needs to do more in the 4th quarter than just calm everyone down:

Chauncey Billups says Detroit Pistons' fourth-quarter woes are something he can ease | MLive.com

Lee356 likes this.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

If you can get Smith defending the weak side of the floor you'll be wide open.

I don't understand all this Drummond tired none sense. He runs around the court like the Tasmanian Devil while his teammates mope around. Teams pay attention to him now which makes him unusual on this team.

How he isn't the most popular and necessary player here blows my mind up.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

In the first qtr he looked tired, he wasn't getting back on D and his bounce off the floor was minimal.

10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Yes, that is what it looked like.

11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Yes, it was scary how bad they looked. I felt sorry for all concern even if it wasn't the Pistons.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. George_athens

George_athens Second Round Draft Pick

Pistons really needed this win.
    Nice game.

13. George_athens

George_athens Second Round Draft Pick

I totally agree!

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

They'd have to decide to blow the team up by trading Williams and Lopez for expiring contracts and draft picks.

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe we can trade Stuckey & CV for Williams. We need a backup for Jennings.

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Wow, if that happened I'd rather see Williams running the offense. His surrounding cast in Brooklyn doesn't really help showcase his playmaking skills and basketball IQ. Give him the Pistons front court and he'd easily average 9-10 assists per game.

17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's funny, Smith REALLY locked up Joe Johnson in this game like no other Piston has ever been able to do. Smith seems to be at his best defending the bigger SF's who need the ball in their hands to be effective. He struggles to guard guys who like to catch and shoot on the weak side. Smith can guard, but he can't rotate out to save his life, or in this case- win a basketball game.

linwood likes this.