Away Brooklyn Nets Friday Dec 14 2012

Discussion in 'December 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Probably a good call by Frank to avoid the elf costume.

linwood likes this.
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think Frank should keep Rodney in that elf costume until his FG% is above .450

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I like the player holding the badass millenium falcon lego kit more than the dude with the pink hello kitty make-up set.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

The Pistonsforum Time Travel Team (PFTTT!) is back from the future with an exciting rundown to Saturday's True Blue Pistons*.

*This is a work of fiction. No Palace employees were interviewed in the making of this work.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

This thread is starting to confuse me. Time Travel Team? It reminds me of the last time I hung out with BDL and his daughter.

BallDon'tLie and coynejeremy like this.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just find it hard to believe I was off by 15 points.

coynejeremy likes this.
  7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Brook Lopez back for this game. No way GM can contain him defensively nor can score against him at will. We are doom.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's the spirit!

coynejeremy and linwood like this.
  9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I feel terrible these days because I am having to force myself to watch the games. There is just no excitement or chemistry building with this team. Am I the only one that feels this way?

10. roscoe36

Stuckey is horrible on defense. Horrible.

11. roscoe36

I can't watch anymore. Pistons can't defend anything.

12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

The absolute worst thing that could have happened was that small lapse by Brooklyn where the Stones ran 7 points to get close to 10 point defecit. Now Larry is gonna think they had a chance with his idiot rotations and he'll be more stubborn to keep that crap on the floor

13. roscoe36

Nets deserved that game. We did everything we could to not close it out.

Our defense is terrible. Our players are just horrible at D. Brutal.

14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Aside from Copper bumming me out, it was a fun game to watch. We showed up to play and it came down to the little things like holding on to the ball or hitting a game winner at the buzzer. Our two cornerstone are not yet ready for prime time as they were error prone when the stakes got raised. That's why Stuckey was re-signed. He at least has big game composure. Prince too except he got eaten up too easily. Middleton and English with nice stat lines for the first nite. Gonna go watch that as my feed was too choppy to watch.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gallant effort in coming back from down 17, but the Pistons should have won this game in regulation, the first OT and then the second OT.

Roscoe, you are right...with no real closer, we will lose close games. You have to go to the rim on those last shots... fadeaways by Stuckey and Tay aren't going to win and neither is your big man choking at the FT line in crunch time. Guards should be taking those FT's...but they gotta be fast, strong and brave enough to attack the hoop...

Even in a semi old age, Joe Johnson is still two levels ahead of any Piston in closing the game out.

I guess since most of us had the Pistons losing this one in the precaps, the Pistons confirmed it by finding ways to lose even when they had leads with less than 20 seconds in regulation and both OTs.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Don't look at the stats. They lie. When we needed to clear the boards, we did not. Jason got zero defensive boards.

We at one time of this game saw Stuckey and Knight stumble all over themselves when in together. We got 17 points behind. Singler came in and we immediately started getting back into the game. We tied it back up in the 3rd. Only to see coach go back to the same bad rotations of the 1st half. Indeed, he played the OT's with Stuckey and Knight paired up. The very unit that got so far behind earlier. And the unit proven over and over again earlier in the season not to work.

Singler continues not to be able to hit a shot from the outside. And yet he keeps scoring off cuts to the basket and on fast breaks. In addition, he got more defensive boards than JMAX and Monroe combined. (And Tay got 10)

Wow, what great basketball we got the privilege to watch, for two whole minutes. NJ could not even hope to score with Monroe and Drummond in the game together. But even when a defensive stand demanded Drummond go in for JMAX, JMAX was left in to spectate.

Knight and Stuckey had fine games offensively. But Stuckey was heavily minus. Some dream coach has about Knight being a shooting guard. Nope, a good point guard - not a shooting guard at all. They did run Stuckey and Knight together with two other shooters in, CV and Maggette, to make it workable - but the defense is pretty rancid with both CV and Maggette in. (CV and Maggette, both negative of course.)

Lots of brilliant play from Drummond, and lots of abject fear on the part of NJ players treading dangerous waters under the basket.

Monroe did not have a bad game, but he was scape goat in this one, missing two free throws we really had to have late in the 2nd OT. We still tied it up - but hey, it was sad to see Monroe choke like that. Not to mention he only made 1 of 2 toward the end of reg. If he had made both, we would have been up 7 with very little time left on the clock. (And Tay threw the ball away. And of course, coach, the biggest culprit, did not go to Drummond / Monroe so we could secure a defensive board at the end of reg. Or should I mention Tay had no business trying to guard, well, pretty much anyone these days, on the crucial last shot of the 2nd OT)

Enough of the rants. We have a darn good team, just no coach. How many more losses will Gores accept before he fires both Joe and Frank.

17. roscoe36

I won't go in chat anymore because I can't stand listening to the endless ranting. It ruins watching the games, and I paid $100 so I could watch games online this year (we have no TV in the house).

LOL, now you want to fire Joe too. I can't say I disagree, but things could actually be worse than they are now. Keep that in mind.

Gores is a hands-off owner (unless you're his brother's wife wah wah waaaah). I wouldn't hold my breath that he is going to make basketball decisions, let alone good basketball decisions.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond blocked 3 shots in 18 minutes. The rest of the Pistons blocked 1 shot in 272 minutes.

That means that Drummond's block rate was 45 times that of the rest of the team. Also consider that after the first 3 or 4 attempts, they quite trying to go in the paint until he sat down.

Drummond gets 9 rebounds in 18 minutes. Monroe and Maxiell get 10 rebounds in 75 minutes.

That means that Drummond's rebound rate was 3.5 times that of our starting and finishing big men. The only thing I can say in Maxiell's defense was that he was pretty actively tipping some of them outside... although we only seemed to secured half while the rest started fast breaks. Good help rebounding by Prince, Singler, and Knight.

Still an exciting game. It was good to see some of our player sort of kind of come through in low pressure regular season crunch time. It feels like it's been forever since we had to make a game tying shot at the end of a game and actually did it (twice tonight). I was genuinely into this one and was amazed that we looked competitive against them throughout.

Monroe made about 4 passes tonight that should have resulted in assists, where Maxiell was hacked and sent to the line. Looks like they were really calling plays with Monroe in the high post with a design baseline cut.

Gerald Wallace is quite and athlete, you have to admit. Lays it on the line too.

6 points were thrown in the garbage tonight as the shot clock operator screwed up and Drummond offensively goal tended 2 of his own makes (1 might have been coming out, hard to tell). If he could have laid off them, it would have been 12 pts, 9 rebs, and 3 blks in only 18 min!

A hard fought loss. As many flaws as Stuckey has, I can't imagine anyone else on the team creating their own shots on command right now. Imagine Singler having to run those plays without risking a pass.

P.s. Maggette should be sent to the Mad Ants immediately.

19. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree about the endless rants. I don't really think this Pistons team, management, or coaching are great. I also don't think they are incompetent, clueless, or trying not to win. It just isn't that great of a team. Them's the breaks unless you were a Celtics or Lakers fan during their dynasty years. Even the Jordan Bulls only dominated for 7 or so years. The Pistons were great about 6 years ago. They were awful 6 years before that. They were great six years before that. I think this team is on the upswing, and may be contenders in a few years. But I don't think it's going to happen in the next 6 games. Sit back. Relax. Look for signs of progress and enjoy the show. Stuckey played some good ball tonight. So did Max. Monroe choked a couple of freethrows during double overtime (Double Overtime!) because he was completely exhausted.

Both teams played hard tonight. And the Pistons took the Nets to two overtimes. Not too bad, because I'm sure almost everyone here would trade all our players and coaching staff for their Nets equivalent.

/ polite, positive rant.

brofmfa and roscoe36 like this.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

That's what I'm talking about!

coynejeremy likes this.