Away Brooklyn Nets Friday Dec 14 2012

Discussion in 'December 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, I don't read any of your posts either.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

My wife would say the vacuum idea sucks...........

She has my sense of humor........

LA Dre, coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Brooklyn vs. Deeetroit

Pre-cap
    The Pistons came out strong in the first quarter Tay Monroe Maxiell Knight was especially hot. Singler looked gassed again but his off ball movement was too valuable to let him sit or let anyone else in the game. He did have that one good play but was beaten off the dribble way too often and couldn't keep up with Joe - the other Joe - not our Joe. Andre did come in early to play along side moose but that lasted all of 1 minute as Frank reached into his had and pulled out a magic alopecian bunny to keep the scoring pressure on. That Moose/Penguin pair lasted all of 1 minute where we were +17 as all of Monroe's "AAAAnd 1" was actually whistled and he converted on 4 3 point plays and lobbed 2 ally-oops to Andre as Singler added a 3 bomb while holding the Nets to 1 basket off a desparation heave by Williams with only their demeanor and some 'hey!' slaps. When Maggette entered the game all hell broke loose as balls that went through our hoop bounced off the heads of the refs and went back in for double points. He's that bad folks! CV, Maggette, Singler, Stuckey and Drummond let the lead slip away but Frank kept yelling and Drummond to do better covering for CV's defensive weaknesses. Finally frank yanked Drummond in frustration, slid Kyle to center and put Bynum at SG for his 3 pt prowess. The starters came back in and clawed their way from down 37 to only down 34.
    After halftime where Brookyn showed a jumbo tron presentation of Detroit's halftime show featuring Ravi Shankar and Elvis doing a John Lennon tribute with Vanilla Ice, the Pistons came unglued and scores 6 points while allowing 29. Facing an utter rout on a road trip, Frank elected to play the starters for the rest of the game. Slava came in at the last 30 sec for Tay so his per game stats would match up with his decision to keep him on the bench.

Everyone at the game ended up watching the Mad ants on their iphones until the bandwidth utilization broke the palace internet. unfortunately that was right as Joe was crafting the greatest trade of all time sending CV for Josh Smith. The email got corrupted and instead was sent to Frank offering a 3 year extension.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pre-report. I turned to my son when they announced our starters and said "another coaching loss." He asked me to tell him when coach did anything right. In the second half, I was able to point out that the coach wisely did not use Maggette.

The game opened with the Nets missing all their initial shots, but still scoring every time down, sometimes needing 4 offensive boards to score. Ditto for the start of the 2nd half.

Oddly, two of our most effective players in the game, Drummond and Monroe, combined for exactly just 48 minutes. And each had only 2 fouls. Can't really figure that out.

A look to the boxscore shows Maggette just minus 8 in his 5 minutes. And Bynum played a few minutes and was minus 7. CV scored 14 points and was minus 12.

Drummond was our only plus scorer.

Among the starters, Knight, Singler, and Stuckey were barely minus, while Tay and JMAX were minus 12 each.

Knight and Stuckey both had fine scoring games, but were seen stumbling over each other often when paired in the backcourt with both taking and missing several contested three tries.

The 20 point loss with the coach basically repeating his exact failed rotation from the last couple of games did nothing whatsoever to improve the future of this team. Just another loss using what everyone knows does not work. Stay tuned for the same next game if you happen to need something good and boring in case you are having insomnia problems.

Mogilny and Slippy like this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

These pre-caps will save me about 2.5 hours. Thanks for the heads up guys.

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pre-report: I blame Jim Leyland for this one.

7. BillLaimbeer

It's that same feeling you get when someone tells you how a movie ends right before you are about to watch it.

8. coynejeremy

It's funny, my wife doesn't like watching movies if she doesn't already know the ending. We don't watch a lot of movies, but if we're watching something suspenseful/thrilling/etc, she will sometimes look up the ending online while we are still watching it. I think she just doesn't like getting emotionally invested in a character if something bad is going to happen to him/her. And she doesn't like surprises.

Summary: That's why I'll never get her a vacuum for Christmas.

Woody and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

So, will you watch tomorrow's Pistons game even though you already know they lost by 20?

10. coynejeremy

I don't watch horror shows.

11. Slippy

fixed.

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Kids say the darndest things!

coynejeremy likes this.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I came here hoping to see a pre-interview with the Piston's owner.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm in Vegas now, these pre-caps are really going to help my wagers.

With any luck I'll win enough to afford some time with Austin Daye's life coach.

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I had to swap out a cable box that wasn't working last night. I couldn't get my league pass on it so I had to call in.

I started talking hoops with the dude on the phone and I told him I bought it to watch the Pistons after he asked what teams I follow. He first laughed when I told him.

I asked if he's seen Drummond play yet. He said he hadn't because he works nights and he mostly relies on ESPN for highlights. "Your not going to believe this," he says, "but they don't show a lot of Pistons highlights on there."

BallDon'tLie, coynejeremy and linwood like this.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Have you shouted "winner winner chicken dinner" yet?

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Since the Pistons play in NY tonight...the Eastern SPorts Network will show highlights of the Nets, so you will likely see some Pistons in the background as the supporting cast.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Did you invite him to the forum? Sounds like a great opportunity for him to get in on the ground floor.

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

Should be a tough game tonight. Hope our guys don't give it away again in the second half.

BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  20. Slippy

Go with his strength coach. I read Daye can brick it off the backboard at 15', 25' and at 55'