Boston Nov 9 6PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Those jump balls were all to complete steals. Just getting to the ball took a tremendous effort in each case. And while not automatic, well, in some casses, with Amir jumping, its as close as you can get.

Would I be concerned if Amir were getting tied up while handling the ball, and the jump balls were attempts by the other team to complete a steal? Of course. But this was us knocking the ball away from them, us hustling onto the floor to grab the ball, and us attempting to complete the steal. I will take that all day long.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I could care less about how Rip shoots the ball, his effort against Bost on Sun was deplorable. He's acting like he wants to prove that Joe made a bad trade, he's pouting and acting like a lil' Beeeeaaaaccch right now. 'Scoe is absolutely correct in stating that he is a BAD CAPTAIN, he needs to get his isht together or get the eff up outta here.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This is why we need Dyess. A vet to start and a vet off the bench is the ticket.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I could be way off base, but I think DET has started the last 2 game going to Rip at the start. To me, Rip got a lot of his baseline J's and he missed them.

Where is their team D? DET does OK on an individual basis, but there is no help. I hope Curry is trying to break some bad habits that were formed over the last few years. A team like BOS makes a concerted effort to pack the paint and make you shoot outside. No team wants to just shoot from outside, they want to move the ball first. DET seems to try and do it all and gets beaten mercilessly in the process. They guard neither the paint nor outside.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Pistons need to become a lot tougher. Boston just bullies them around, and even with a fast start, eventually the Pistons wear down, and then it is a track meet to the hoop and free throw line for the other team.

The mindset I think that needs to be broken, is looking for refs to bail players out. Guys are gunna need to lay it all out against teams like Boston if they want to have any chance of success.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They are very similar to the 2004 Pistons. We used to frustrate teams and wear them down.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm thinking more the 2005 Pistons. When you're the champs, you get away with a lot. I think we have been living off that for a long time, and it has prevented the team from developing a real toughness.

Remember the goon squad? That's how 10 men on Boston play us all game long.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My memories of 2005 were that the NBA and fans in general were disappointed that the NBA had fallen to such a low level that a no superstar team like Detroit was allowed to win with unfair defense. So, they changed the rules and gave us even less respect the following year.

With Boston, it's celebrated.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Ernie,

Agree. Team defense has been poor. How does Boston do it. A lot of their guys are not great individual defenders. It is team D.

Still think if you watch where Rip has been getting the ball, it has not been flowing to start with. He is a rythym shooter. As good as Rip is, he is does not have varied skills in his arsenal.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

And that definitely gives him license to pout up and down the court and act like a little kid who's Big-Wheel got taken away. Eff Rip, and his "Spots"!!!!!!!!:mmph: Note to Mr.Captain, "GROW A PAIR, and MAN THE EFF UP!!!!":mmph:
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Now that's hilarious.

By the way, I found a good smiley to represent AI passing to Maxiell. :playball: