Boston Nov 9 6PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

First, I am worried about Stuckey. Hope he is ok. No definitive report on him yet. Just that he felt dizzy, and left the game for good in the 2nd quarter. I see speculation that it is a heart problem. Lets hope not, and if it is, at least that it only affects his basketball career.

This was another loss, coaches decision. We saw all last year, you try to take Afflalo out of the rotation, we lose. No Afflalo in the 2nd quarter, and we had the worst 2nd quarter of the year so far. Two straight games taking Afflalo out of the rotation, two straight losses.

Herrmann played very little in this one. Enough though that a lead disappeared quickly. Boston attacked him pretty much every single time he was in the game. He did ok on one possesion.

Don't let the boxscore fool you, Sheed had a terrible game, only finally hitting some shots when we were way down and it mattered too little. Rip joined him in a horrid shooting night. We had a bit of a lead in that first quarter, and if either of these two would have hit anything, we would have some control of the game right there.

Tay did ok shooting, but two of his triples were when we were already too far behind. AI did ok.

We had a very, very good start of the game, save Rip misfiring several shots. Even with them having a bit of a scoring flurry at the end of the first, we still only gave up 17 that quarter. We were outscored 30-10 in the 2nd quarter, while not bothering to play our best perimeter defender, Afflalo. Like I said, coaches decision to lose this one.

Kwame can't hit a free throw, so you might as well try hard to strip the ball from him. He looked too slow for this game on defense too.

Boston packed it in on us all night, and for the most part, we could not hit an outside shot.

Amir actually played in all four quarters of this one. Lots of hustle plays from him.

Bynum got an opportunity to play in the 2nd half due to the problem Stuckey is having, and looked good out there.

About it for now. Like someone mentioned on one of the boards, this is early. Curry is not necessarily looking at what will win the game at hand, but is rather seeing who can do what. You can see what I write as criticism. It is not meant to be. Just telling people what I saw. Everyone have a great night.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Once Bynum hit that 3 I knew it was time to launch the Bynum should be starting movement.

If BOS packs the paint on defense, does DET anti-pack the paint on D?

I don't understand why you run a play for Sheed to go in the post with 3:35 left in the 4th when you're down 16. He did have a monster double double though.

I am guessing that they're trying to get Rip going early. He didn't get going and it spread.

Amir did well except for the second when it seemed like he committed 14 straight and 1 fouls.

They couldn't take advantage of Eddie House on D.

Where did the movement go? Here's hoping it's not in Denver. This is training camp and like the Spurs game, DET's starters lost to the C's backups.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree Lee that Alflollo should have played more as well as Bynum. Especially when Stuckey went down..

Alf should have been out there when Devis Harris was torching the paint on Friday night but hopefully MC will figure out how valuable these two guys are on the west coast trip..and AI blends in better.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

This game was difficult to watch. I am starting to question Curry's coaching skills and game management. I didn't see him use his timeouts to try to stop Boston's momentum. He did the same thing in New Jersey the other night. As far as Iverson goes, he is trying too hard to fit in and is not being himself. This is a game where he could have put the team on his back and put up 40pts.

Let's not panic folks. I see people are throwing Iverson and the whole team under the bus already. Give them 20 games or so and if this team is not any better playing the contenders then panic. :lightsabersmiley:
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lee on the Podshow with a great call in. If you missed it, lee and Low talked Walter Hermann, Arron Afflalo, and Will Bynum/Walter Sharpe.
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It is not about the loss. The problem is that all the same weaknesses keep reoccurring.
  7. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

And it seems Micheal Curry can't address yet. :toilet:
  8. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

omg what happened to Rodney?
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The reason that Bynum is looking so good out there is because he is a PG. AI and Rip were sloppy. Stuck was bad too, but it looks like there was a reason for it.

Bynum's drive past KG after Garnett's trash talking was the play of the game. Why would a guy like Garnett bother talking trash to an unknown guard that can break his ankles?

The problems that we were having tonight overall are very troubling. I really don't want to judge the team until AI gets fully incorporated though. They just looked like they were a pick-up team going against the World Champions.

And of course, Boston's defense was very suffocating. Gotta respect that.
  10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Hard to sort this out. The offense was so bad in the second quarter that we actually created the shots on the break with Boston. The Pistons have either been lost on offense or defense in this early season. Why?

It will take time for them to work with Iverson and vice versa. Rip is not getting the ball in his spots.

We have a new coach?

But there may be bigger issues. Sheed can still ball but he is 34 not 28 when we got him. We are soft inside--no Amir and Maxiel have not replaced what Ben did. The Boston bigs still outworked us. Kwame can bang with them but Kwame also has no offense.

Our youth (Amir, Maxiel, STuckey, etc.) are not great shooters. We now have guys like Maxiel and Kwame who are not great free throw shooters.

To overcome these things, our youth have to bring something in other areas. Amir is uneven in his play. Maxiel was non-existent. And so on.

We have a lot of pieces but putting them all together is not a given. Unless we can bang with Boston and keep Rondo out of the lane, we cannot beat them.
  11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I tried, but was booted off.
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I found a photo:
    [​IMG]

MYYYYYY PRECIOUSSSSSSS!!!
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm tired of the excuses. This doesn't read well.
    This crap happened at the Palace ?
    Tay at PG
    Rip at SG
    Aflo at SF
    Amir at peoples face
    Sheed at C
    -
    Stuck for Tay
    AI for Rip
    Maxi for Aflo
    ??? for Amir
    ??? for Sheed
    Better bring Dyess back
  14. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Arnie confirmed that Rodney is fine.
  15. roscoe36

More detail please.
  16. roscoe36

:skull:
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I want Amir at all 5 positions. Playing 40 min a nite. But you know that.
  18. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i thought he already knew that.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's good.

Also it seems like it's going to take a little time for Rip/Sheed. We are now a drive and kick offense with AI/Stuck. Sheed/Rip both look extremely uncomfortable with that. Curry's got to get everybody to adjust.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Here's the good, the bad, the ugly:
    Good: Tayshaun Prince is thriving under MC, I think his summer with Lebron, CP3 and Kobe did him well. Amir's hustle. An AA sighting (Thank you Jesus). Will-I-Am Bynum, needs to be in the rotation.

The Bad: Our transition defense, our on ball defense. Walter Herrmann; Stuckey, naw scratch that I'll give Stuck a pass. Kwame Brown's play in all areas. Amir's inability to EVER win a jump ball!!! Amir's inability to finish......Do not watch this kid if you have high blood pressure. Nobody being ready to play with AI, CUT PEOPLE, catch the damn ball, stop standing around, here's a news flash: HE's GOING TO DRAW DOUBLE TEAMS- MOVE @^%#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ugly: Rasheed on offense, Rasheed in transition. Amir Johnson. Rip doing his best (As 'Scoe put it so brilliantly) Stevie and Cuttino imitation. Rip needs to man the EFF up, grow a pair and get his isht together, his play last night (and I'm not talking about his shooting either) was inexcusable, Rip displayed a mental weakness and lack of internal fortitude that confirms why they only have one ring. Note to Richard 'I lost my boo' Hamilton....GET IT TOGETHER MUTHA-EFFA!!!!!!