Boston January 13th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 11, 2007.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Unfortunately DD has more to offer the team's playoff chances this season than either Dice or Nazr.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Reviewing the game.

First, Dale Davis was our most effective player in the opening minutes, getting the rebounds, and setting the picks for our only two buckets at that point. So Flip Saunders pulls him just 4 minutes into the game. Boston scores the next 7 points. Completely wrong move there.

Kudos to Flip Murray for hitting two clutch 3 pointers in the last two minutes of the game, however he can't play D at all. Up until that point, two minutes to go in the game, although Flip has given us scoring here and there, his contribution to the game was way negative. Completely missing defensive rotations within the zone. So slow to see what is going on, and then putting no effort into getting to the open man-that he left open. Maybe a non-chalent shuffle in the right direction. Very poor defensive effort. And our offense with him running the point was just dead at times. He dribbles the ball to no point, and gives it up without starting a play nor giving us any advantage.

Rip and Tay were both very aggressive in taking the ball right to the basket, as was Flip though less effective at doing so.

I wondered why JMAX was short on his one post up move. Yep, they had that move double teamed, with a guy behind him to thrawt the fade shot. Good D.

The Pistons looked listless until Delfino started running the point late 1st, early 2nd quarter. We got a bit of a lead there. Murray came back into the game. For no reason I can see. Things were going fine. Delfino ended up having a real nice 2nd quarter. I bet it would have been better though if we had kept him at point the whole quarter.

Old subject, pairing Dale Davis and Jason Maxiell. It looked real good when we went to this a few weeks ago. Now we got Dale starting, and Jason was starting a couple of games recently. And yet, Flip Saunders still has managed to avoid this duo. All for now. GO PISTONS!!!!!

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Folks, I still haven't seen the second half of this game. I owe you all a microcap. Thanks to all the folks who helped flesh out the game for the readers.