Boston January 13th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Boston January 13th, 7:30PM
    TV - WDIV (Local) NBALP

Dlev:: The Celtics come to town as the Pistons play their fourth game in five nights. Another team without one of their stars (Paul Pierce) however, that doesn`t make a difference when facing the Pistons lately.

max:: Celts come to town, I do not know if Paul Pierce will be back yet from his foot injury. He was due to come back about now so we will have to keep an eye on that.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

According to the Boston Globe, Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak won't play. Not sure about Pierce. Even better news, Tommy Heinsohn is not supposed to be in the booth either for those of you getting the Boston feed.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

For detteam,

If we lose this game, I'm going to the LCBO.
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

My top 5 most hated teams:

1. Miami
    2. Indiana
    3. Boston
    4. New Jersey
    5. Lakers

If we lose this game, I ....I....I........:nerd2:
  5. roscoe36

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For me it is
    1)Miami
    2)Lakers
    3)Jazz
    4)Nets
    5)use to be Celtics, now Pacers
  7. LA Dre

To put it in perspective, this week the Pistons played the four worst teams in the Eastern conference. Their records when when they played the Pistons were as follows:
    Sixers 9-24
    Bobcats 9-23
    Hawks 10-23
    Celtics 12-23

This should have been a 4-0 weekeven without CB and with Rip being anounced on Monday as EC player of the week.

So if we lose this game, we aint do-do:mad:
  8. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons should have blown out the Celtics tonight with their depleted squad but I knew it was going to be close. So Flip Murray is the scoring machine tonight but I still hate his game. Looks like young Will is done for the season with a DNP tonight. Nazr isn't far behind only getting a few minutes of playing time. So Rip and Flip both played 43 minutes and Delfino gets only 18 minutes and he played really well. I noticed Green did not score any points when Carlos was guarding him and that guy looks like a budding All-Star down the road. Only against the Pistons do other guys get career games (Al Jefferson with 22 boards). I was watching tonight's game on NBA League Pass and the one Boston announcer was really dogging Rasheed saying he's lazy and doesn't play with much effort. It's obvious to me that Sheed is not playing with a lot of joy lately and hopefully an attitude adjustment will show up when Chauncey gets back in the line-up. I'll take an ugly win anyday over a loss but the Pistons at the present do not look like a championship caliber team.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A very depleted Boston team seemed to be full of all-stars tonight. Why? We start a point guard who plays no D. We still let a center who is supposedly out of the rotation get playing time. We had Dyess playing with a bad back, and he could not even hit a free throw. Still, we won. And several Pistons did play fine D, holding Boston to very little scoring in the end.

Dale Davis got another start, and if he made some of those putbacks, he would have had quite a game. Still, nine rebounds in not all that many minutes is pretty good. No small ball at the end of this one. Instead, we got to see Davis make the block that put the game out of reach-his 3rd of the game.

Murray had a good game. Despite playing no D at all, he still helped with all the offense he put up. Four triples. He would have had game high honors at 21 points if not for Rip passing him at the end by hitting free throws.

Delfino brought the energy as usual. Tay and Sheed did some scoring. JMAX did get three different stints in there if I recall right, coming up with a couple of dunks. He was short on his one post up shot. Yes, I thought it was obscene to have JMAX in the game while such guards as Rip and Murray were in there. It makes no sense to have a post up player in with nobody to feed him the ball in the post. (Though Murray did have that one drive in and dish for one of JMAX's dunks.)

No Blalock. Gee, Flip Saunders finally starts using Tay and Delfino some as a backcourt pair and chooses the wrong guy to take minutes from. Blalock actually operates as a point guard. Get him back in there. No harm though, as the games are coming fast and furious so Blalock should see more time yet. Do not let what he has gained in comfort level be thrown away.

Mohammed did play for one stint covering most of the 1st quarter. His highlight was a offensive rebound and a smart pass into Murray for a layup. He did try to score in the post once. I call that a planned turnover. Nowhere near going in.

Delfino missed 2 of 2 at the line on one trip. I hate that. Make your free throws. I will give Dyess a pass for doing the same thing twice due to the bad back. But hey, a guy named Amir Johnson is playing tonight for Skyforce who could have done more with those minutes.

The game was pretty boring. No fireworks from Rip or Tay really. About the highlight of the game for excitement was Murray's crunch time 3. The only time I remember pumping my fist while watching this one. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Your post reminds me that as far as I know, Sheed is still having physical problems with the ankles and knees. Flip, in my opinion, was right in having him come off the bench for a while. I wish he had not changed his mind.
  11. LA Dre

Yeah, Green went off on Rip tonight and Joe Johnson got off last night on Tay. In both games, Carlos came in and slowed both down, but Flip Sr doesn't recognize that and yanks him after a bad offensive play. He definitely should be getting more minutes even if his offensive play is struggling as of late. Last night his outside J was not falling and tonight when he went inside I think he got blocked at least three times. But his energy is needed to keep us afloat, so I say deserves at least 20-25 mins...

Al Jefferson is a decent rebounder, so it is not hard for him to get 22 when our bigs are on the perimeter or we have butter hands Nazr and rubber legs Dice in the middle:)

A hard fought, but necessary win for a team that has been struggling since their PG went down. Hopefully he will return vs the Twolves Monday.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Thankfully, roscoe has been spared his 2nd hangover during the back-to-back. :pound:
  13. roscoe36

micro cap forthcoming tomorrow AM.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

All that happened tonight was that Flip Murray made his shots at the end instead of missing them. He did what Chauncey usually does.

And of course, Dale Davis fills the Ben Wallace role, does the dirty work, protects the paint, and lets the other guys forget about him on offense, like they like it. Pretty much the only shots he gets are put backs off of offensive rebounds, which is a great incentive to get those boards.

If we trade DD, I really don't think we have a chance in the playoffs. B/c I know we won't get anyone as tough as him. And it is a very important role that he can play.

Another boost tonight was that we didn't bother wasting minutes on that D-league guy with no shot. You know, the guy who doesn't get assists either.

In all seriousness, the guys that we used to play the PG spot tonight did a great job filling in. We only had 9 turnovers total and several of them were travels, 3 in the paint, etc. Tay, Flip, and Delfino only had 3 turnovers between them in the PG role... and 8 assists.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Looks like I picked a good night to miss a game. Boston shot 36% from the floor, and the Pistons shot 34...ouch. Sheed did get a double-double--first one in months, right?--though he only shot 3-13. Al Jefferson had 22 rebounds?!
  16. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

So what? He took a 3 pt shot and miss when he should run a play. Then he air ball a shot when he should have 'swish' it. And most important of all, his name is Carlos Delfino, not Flip Delfino or Mo Delfino. Only guys with that kind of name should be given minutes to shoot themselves into a game. That's Flip as your coach.

Everyone in the forum as well as the commentators can see that in the last 3 games, the Pistons are lack of energy. Delfino and Jmax are our energy player but their minutes were reduced during this stretch. God and Flip only knows why.

The Wolves has been playing well since 2007 started. I don't think we have a chance if CB is not back for that game. Not the way Flip has been coaching the last 3 games.

Why can't the Pistons blow out a team before half time like what the Bulls did tonight against the Grizzs? Bulls is a jump shooting team too.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I think a lot of Pistons fans are beginning to realize this. It was hard to discern at first since the guy wasn't getting much PT. I'm sure some will come on here and boast about how they knew DD was that tough since his playing days in Indy, but seeing (in a Pistons' uni) is believing as far as I'm concerned. The guy is still pretty old, but seems like a contributor. What happens if C-Webb shows up?
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Delfino was finally used at point. Flip Murray did very good along with Dale. If the Pistons get Webber, they could get someone nice in return for Flip and Dale. Especially since they are both playing very well right now.
  19. roscoe36

Still haven't had a chance to finish watching the game, but here are some goodies...

Postgame comments from Doc and Flip...

Attached Files:

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the problem is, if we get cwebb, we have a logjam at the forward position, and dale's contract is the easiest and most attractive trade bait