1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Boston Jan. 5th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'January 2008' started by Dlev59, Jan 3, 2008.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Who cares what their GM think. We know what Joe can do, and that's what's important. Lets just beat up on them Celts tomorrow.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Max, very good post. Some people mistakenly think that we are talking about Amir Johnson. Nope. We are talking about how the Pistons can win a championship. Its just that Amir Johnson right now is the best option as a fourth big. In my opinion, Dumars and Flip Saunders are still fighting tooth and nail over this issue. (And if Flip gets his way, no 'Ship.)

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You have a very good point about Magic was playing such heavy minutes so early that season. Getting better game by game. Just like Amir Johnson should be. The window of opportunity is closing fast on us. Its time to holler like crazy for Amir to play now. Next month will be too late. If you want to see the Pistons win a championship, the time is now to get on board with the many of us who want to see the Pistons do more than have a pretty regular season record.

4. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

I read in celtics forum some guys suggesting that celtics should sign C Web.

5. MisterZ

MisterZ First Round Draft Pick

i'm hyped! can't sleep. i think i'll go get breakfast. :nerd2:

6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Based on the few celtics games I have watched, the Celtics don't apply a lot of trapping schemes, I could be wrong ggazoo.

For CB's sake I hope they don't go to that, hx has shown that this is a major weakness for CB.

7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well said D. I was hoping for the same thing if they baffle CB with the traps, the Celts may get killed by our other players.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I invision a game where we run waves of players at their starters just to gas them out. High energy level guys who demand that the Boston starters play hard to keep up the pace. I see 11 Pistons playing and the highest minutes total is 32 by Rip. I see a 31-14 scoring difference in the 4th as the Pistons run all over the tired Celtics.............

9. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

This should be our game plan for every game. No other team can match our depth and intensity. We should be like a heavyweight boxer that just keeps coming at you for 14 rounds of body shots and then in the fifteenth; cut off the head!!!!

GAME OVER!

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know things are going well when there are five pages of posts eight hours before the game even starts.

11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The money people have us as small favorites tonight.

They are looking for a defensive struggle and a relatively low scoring game.

:hoops:

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah baby!!!!!

:djparty:

13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

No, you're right. I don't see much trapping from them, but clearly their game plan has to be to shut down Billups. That's a major mismatch for them. At the very least, he'll get doubled if he tries to post up a smaller guard.

I see the Pistons chucking up a lot of outside shots tonight. Boston will clog the paint, per usual. I'd like to see our boys try to draw fouls in there, but I don't see it happening.

14. buddahfan

It seems to me that it would be very hard to trap on defense when your bigs pack the paint and your two perimeter starters are R. Allen and R. Rondo.

Of course they can always alter their defensive scheme, and while it may help compensate somewhat for the defensive deficiencies on the part of Rondo and R. Allen it may wind up being a net loss overall to Boston's defense.

15. buddahfan

It is up to Flipper and his coaches to devise the proper offense to compensate for traps and the like. Then it is of course up to the players to successfully execute that plan.

To be most effective in breaking the half court press and trapping defenses, you need to not only have excellent rebounding but also rebounders who can throw a quick effective outlet pass to get the ball across the half court line ASAP.

When the other team scores you need to move the ball via the pass ASAP across the half court line and attack the basket with quick crisp passing and good ball rotation.

Walking the ball up usually doesn't work very well against traps.

Basketball Offense - Half-Court Press Breakers, Coach's Clipboard Playbook

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I want an old-fashioned shootout. Let the defenses rest for a game.

17. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

Why isn't this game on national TV!?!? arrghhh.. I know the schedule was set before the season began but surely the national TV networks have the flexibility to pick up games that will draw large crowds during the season.

arghh!!

18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Not on Saturday nights. And certainly not on Saturday nights when the NFL playoffs are on.

19. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

ESPN isn't showing the NFL playoffs.

I guess they would figure the cost to show the game can not be recouped when competing against NFL playoffs.

20. buddahfan

Most likely because the networks figure that we will win and this will detract from the Celtics hype.