1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Boston February 6th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by Dlev59, Feb 4, 2007.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The problem is Lindsey has "bad nights" more than anyone on the team, and as a ball-dominating PG, you just can't have that. He's not a playmaking passer, and he's not a scorer. So, while the Pistons are trying to force bad shots and turnovers, they're letting the other team get out on the break for easy scores. At his position, and with his style of play, he can't just have good games 1 out of every 5. Even on "good games" (where he makes some defensive plays), he still craps on the offense, so it ends up a wash.

He's the perfect guy to bring in for 20 seconds for a defensive stop at the end of quarters. That's about it.

And yes, Max had probably his worst NBA game this year. His effort on the glass and getting back in transition was awful. Not to mention he didn't finish any of his shots.

2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I have always said the major knock on Flip is he has very poor substitution patterns.

He seems as though he doesn't have a plan or a clue when it comes to what subs/combinations to play.

He better get it right before the playoffs begin.

Secondly, our bench played horrific, again we need a back up PG/SG badly. What cha waiting on Joe, get er done.

3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I must be the only person in this Forum Family besides ArmyGirl that works a 8 hr day and goes to workout for 2 hrs after their done. (In the Army, its 6AM workouts BEFORE work)These guys get paid millions to play 30-45 minutes a night!!! I'm really tired of saying we overwork Rip and Chauncey. Rip played the slowest 42 minutes I ever seen last night. Wilt once AVERAGED 48.4 MPG IN ONE SEASON (He played every minute including overtimes!) DWade avgd 44MPG in the playoffs last year and has a ring and an Olympic medal in his pocket. What do you think those guys are doing today while Im out here in 35degree weather working? Give the MPG's a break. If you are areal man , it means nothing. Crybabies and sissies sit, Men and players PLAY!!!....IMFHO!

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Eh hem. Did you get the day off today or something?

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I hear ya HQ... the fatigued leg syndrom strikes again... how will they ever rest up on their off days.... whew, exhausting I tell ya.
    Before someone goes on a rant about the abuse your body takes in games... I'm well aware (intense two hour practices are harder than the games)... unless you're nursing an injury it's not that bad.

Oh yeah, sorry they didn't win the game good enough last night...lol :shout:

6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

In fact, I think it's unacceptable that Pistons fans should demand anything less than Wilt Chamberlain minutes, Wilt Chamberlain points, Wilt Chamberlain rebounds, Wilt Chamberlain plus/minus, Wilt Chamberlain star power, a different Wilt Chamberlain girl every game, good for three to sixteen gratuitous closeups with accompanying individualized digital graphics package while the other team's shooting free throws, and [strike]Wilt Chamberlain[/strike]Gilbert Arenas unbelievably narcissistic interviews with the media from every Piston starter.

7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Ok, some of you guys just go overboard. At least wait until the guy costs us games. We do not have games that just boil down to Lindsey Hunter being on the floor. Nevermind the fact that he doesn't get nearly enough minutes to be the on-the-floor cancer you guys are playing him out to be. Aroyyo is a "ball dominating" PG. The same can hardly be said for Hunter at ANY stretch of his career.

..and to actively plan to play a guy for potentially 80 secs. a night is just silly.

You guys really have forgotten quickly just how bad Murray was.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

And the bench too.

9. max

max All-Star

I workout 3 times a week for about 1/2 hour, but I have not for the past week since it got so cold out. And I took almost a year off since starting again last month.

Anyway, good points on the mins when you consider what other player put in. No Piston starter has ever broken top 10 in MPG since we started complaining about it a few years ago.

10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Not everyone's body (or mind) has the same tolerances. Nor, for that matter, are the Pistons' starters nearly as good as everyone in Detroit likes to believe they are.

And as for Lindsey Hunter, losing us games is almost impossible to quantify. Until you get Mark Madsen jacking up ten threes for lottery balls, nobody can make any argument that would convince a player's fans that that player is causing his team to lose the game.

11. max

max All-Star

We did not lose that game. One would not think that by reading these threads.

on the +/- Hunter is tied with Murry at -6.8 points when he is out there. That thes them up leading the team in the negative.

The position needs to be upgraded. The guy does not get a free pass just because someone thinks its the right thing to do.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

We are similar to the Sacto Kings of two years ago... just a little older.... the Spurs still play defense (whupped the Wizz in DC).

13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I am not amused to see how this is being handled, either from Flip or JD.

Of course we are seeing such perceptive journalism, that to stimulate readership activity...lets just start rumors.

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

hahahaha...naw Tay, I have a sprint card on my laptop in my truck, so Im online all day EVERY DAY. Your OLDSKOOL Big Brutha IS ALWAYS WATCHIN!!!!!:nerd2:

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

wORD, BRO...i MEAN, THIS IS A VETERAN TEAM WHEN THEY HIT THE 24 PT MARK , i TOLD MY GIRL (oops-caps_) this is done. Pt spreads dont concern me. After the 13-0 Celtic run, it was just like playing your lil brutha....

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I watched the first half and some of the 4th. The Spurs are still the team I fear most, and love to hate. Classy show on Wiz' HC. We'll see them next week. And they showed us we have nothing to fear over Wiz in playoffs.