Boston February 6th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by Dlev59, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Boston February 6th, 7:30PM
    TV - FSN Detroit (Local) NBALP

The woeful Celtics come to town in the midst of a 14 game losing streak. The Pistons are 8-2 in their last ten games. The only two losses coming to the Wiz. This is the first game of 5 out of 6 at the Palace. We need the wins this month because March will be a very tough month.

A loss to this team now would be painful.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Celtics have been as team to cure all teams woes this past month as they have not won since Jan 5th.

Pierce is almost ready to come back, but will probably miss the Pistons game. With that being said, we cannot have Sheed and billups come in as if the game was already won and play lackadaiscal. . Blow them out early and let the Max and Delfino get a little more burn. No let downs!
  3. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

The Celtics have a 14 game losing streak. Worse team in the league right now, but Pistons are known for losing to bad teams this year because of thinking they are too good. This leads to them playing really bad. I hope they win by at least 20. A loss against this team would be plain embarassing and not good.
  4. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

Pistons will win this game easily by 14 points - 101-87. Rip top scores with 24 and sheeds has a double double.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Make that 7-3 in the last 10 games. Two losses vs the Wiz and the loss to Utah.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Awful team... doesn't share the ball... missing their best player and hoping for the #1 pick.... that's why I'm predicting only a 2 point win :^)
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

96-72 Pistons
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Games like this I want to see three things...
    1. No injuries
    2. Rest the starters
    3. Get the win (even if by only a point)
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

4. Showcase guys. With Flip and Nazr not working, Joe D. would like to trade them for a valuable player.
  11. roscoe36

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'm back in town from vacation. Not exactly the most exciting game on the schedule, admittedly, but I hope at least someone drops by the chat to keep me company!
  13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

well, this is really disappointing...you have almost a 30 pt lead and you win by 7.....poor player performances.....lax D...and unresponsive coaching....surrendering 63 2nd half points.....pitiful.

They should have their arses chewed for winning this way
  14. roscoe36

Scheduled microcap cancelled. I was unable to watch more than 5 minutes of this game.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pistons shot 58% from the floor tonight: Chauncey and CWebb were both 8-12, and Dice was an incredible 9-10. The Pistons blew it open in the 2nd quarter and extended their lead in the 3rd. They were up by 24 early in the 4th, but the bench mailed it in and somehow gave up a 13-0 run, at which point some of the starters came back in. The Celtics ended up shooting 56% themselves, outscoring the Pistons 35-20 in the 4th. Delfino had a nice first half but struggled in the 4th quarter, and JMax had a crappy game, 0-4 from the floor. Rip played 42 minutes, and CB 36, but CWebb at 33 was the only other Piston who played more than 30.
  16. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons didnt care in the fourth and who cares about winning by 30 or by 7. Its the win that counts and the bench is a major reason for the loss of the lead. If Pistons had actually cared they could have won by at least 20. They played great all game and stopped in the fourth, but thats ok with such a huge lead.
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

This was a lame win against a crappy team. We had to shoot 58% to beat them by 7 without Pierce. Everyone feels good after a win...not me tonight. There's no excuse for Rip playing 42. There is little defensive intensity anymore. We won the shootout tonight...but they aren't always going to fall like that...especially not against playoff contenders.

Hopefully Joe will make a move before the deadline to clear some dead weight...but I don't see it getting us to the finals. This team has a 'fundamentals' problem that no roster change can solve.
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I have seen Webber hit the jumper over and over against the Lakers. No surprise. Expected it. But I never knew he had that good of an around the basket game. We are just on a higher level with him in the offense.

Dice is showing his game now. What is important is when the easy baskets are taken away in the playoffs, Dice's shots will still be there.

No comment on that second team. I have seen that show too often. It just doesn't hold together as a unit.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You can't give up 35 points in any quarter let alone the 4th. The second string totally relaxed (read:sucked) even with L- Defense-Hunter in there.

Like I said in the Chat this should be a wake up call Joe to see that our bench is still suspect other than Dice and we need another body that can play on both ends of the court.

We shoot 57.9% from the floor only to see the Celtics shoot 56% and lose by 7. Anyone not seeing the game would think that we won in a shoot out and would be shocked to find out that the Pistons led by 22 at the end of the third and had to bring 4 starters back in with 5 mins left in the game to eek out a victory. The Celtics rolled off 13 straight before Flip came back from the rest room and called a time out. :confused: Yeah the players relaxed but it was Flips duty to stop that run and restore order. Well he did, but he risked the starters getting injured by substituting with the wrong group of players in there to open the 4th.

Some good things tonight: Rip didn't force that many shots and dished out 11 assists and Pistons had a total of 32. Would have had more team assists and a higher shooting percentage if Delfino and Jmax hadn't missed at least 4 easy layups in wild 4th qtr. CB and Cwebb both shot 75%, Dice 90%. The other starters all shot at least 50%

The bad we gave up 62 points in the second half and they had 29 assists., and despite Dice's 18 pts, the bench out gunned :gun1:ours by the tune of 46 to 33 :mad:
  20. roscoe36

I don't understand why Dale did not play. If you want to slow the game down and control the boards, why not play him?