Away Boston Celtics Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Discussion in 'December 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Boston Celtics

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 7:30 PM Eastern

TD Garden, Boston, MA

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Third division leader in a row the Pistons will have to face....who drew up the schedule??

Let's hope there is no let down here from the high of playing the best two teams in the league.

Detroit native Jordan Crawford playing his best basketball since entering the league 2 years ago.

Should be another road win for the Pistons!!

3. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No way the Celtics interior can keep up with the recent play of our Bigs. This needs to be a statement game. On the road, after beating the leagues best in their house. Lets go Detroit!

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

MUST WIN GAME!

We must beat the Celtics every chance we get. I can't stand those guys.

BTW, thanks to these recent road victories, we are now .500 on the road. We are the only EC team to hit that mark other than Indiana and Miami.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It seems like the Celtics might be better than we think. They may be a little more than the tallest dwarf.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We are going into this one with a 100 point per game average on our offense. And we just held one of the strongest offenses below a hundred. I not thinking Boston will have much of a chance.

Walter and roscoe36 like this.
  7. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I don't many people have picked up on this, but Boston beats us in one major stat - Players Played Out of Position (PPOP).

I just don't think we can compete on an even playing field unless we really mix it up out there.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The C's are playing a lot better than most people thought they would, I'm looking forward to a really good game.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

It's the Celtics...so I see another coaching loss...for the Pistons.

Pistons 88 - Celtics 99

10. hitafreethrow

FLAGGED!

linwood likes this.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I fully expect Siva to outplay Rondo in this one.

LA Dre likes this.
  12. hitafreethrow

13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm guessing Peyton "Big Fella" Siva will dress for the game.

14. hitafreethrow

I think Billups will suit up along with Bynum.

15. hitafreethrow

Monroe is really looking more and more expendable...

KGREG likes this.
  16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Impressive in a different way. The win in Indiana and the win in Boston are two sides of the same winning coin. Basketball is an entertainment and the Pistons gave away the first period and still won. Yes, the team is too lax for a team that is still below .500. But the the NBA long regular season often works that way. You play in spurts.

Jennings won this game. I like a point guard who can shoot. The Pistons need Jennings to shoot especially with the lack of three point shooting elsewhere. With Jennings, it is going to be how well he can get into the lane. The Piston offense goes up three levels with a penetrating point guard. Jennings needs to show more effective penetration more often in the long run.

Sorry, Lee, I beat you. Why is Singler getting so much burn? He had no shot today so pull him. Singler in for Andre late? Huh? And so they get a rebound put back and another rebound. Go ahead and foul Andre and let's take our chances that way. Will a Piston coach stop coaching scared or over-thinking or over-coaching.

And, Billips was also a liability tonight. His defense is slow. His shot is erratic for him and he is setting up Singler to shoot threes when Singler was cold. At one point, Billips passed up his own open three to give Singler a shot. Maybe the coach wanted to give him some playing time against a weak team?

Ok, I have blamed Jennings for not penetrating in the 4th period. So that last possession was terrible as he dribbled and dribbled outside. But guess what? I think that was designed by the coach!!! The Pistons have so little crunch time offense it is scary. Other teams move the ball. The Pistons go one on one. That last possession is on the coach--30 games in--and not on Jennings. 30 games in and it is hard to tell what if any motion is in the Piston offense the last 5 minutes.

Out of bounds play under the basket: this time the ball goes in to Monroe who passes out to Josh to shoot a jumper???

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  17. LA Dre

The Pistons are starting to gel and let's give some credit to the new free agents and the coach. Josh and Jennings have both come up big the last three games and believe it or not they have a better record on the road that they have at home.

It appeared that the Celtics were going to run the Pistons out of the building as they ran up a 42-23 first quarter lead getting 20 points from their two guards Crawford and Bradley. But those two were shut down after the 1st quarter missing plenty of shots and only scored 11 pts between them the rest of the game.

It was all about the defensive clampdown in the second and third quarters as the Celtics who scored 42 pts in the first quarter were held to 39 in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. The Pistons meanwhile chomped away at the lead and finally caught them finally at 75 with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd. My only complaint is we had them on the ropes offensively and with the exception of a fast break and/one by JBSmoove, we launched 5 straight three pointers..2 by Singler, and one each by Smith Jennings and Billups. A silly mugging foul by the Celtics on Singler with less than a second on the clock allowed him to hit the two freebies and in the end, it appears that we needed them.

In the 4th the Pistons finally settled down once Mo brought his A team back in there and Pistons pushed the lead up to 100-93 and it appeared the writing was on the wall for the shell-shocked Celtics. But they mounted a comeback as Courtney Lee hit a couple jumpers to keep them within range. With the Pistons up 104 to 100 with about 2 and half minutes left, Smith fed a perfect pass to Moose for what should have been his easiest bucket of the game, but he decides to put the ball on the floor instead going straight up for the dunk and he missed it. Sullinger hit a 3 and a tip in and just like that Celtics had put together a 8-0 run to take the lead.

Jennings, not to be denied, hit a three to put the Pistons up for good and they just had to sweat out the last few seconds to secure the comeback win....their best win of the season....

Jennings was the hero of the night...28 pts on 5 of 8 from downtown and 14 assists, Smith went away from the paint tonight but still scored 20. Dre got another double-double and Monroe and Singler contributed to the double digit scoring tally.

Folks we got something going here....if they believe, ......they did it even with our leading scorer Stuckey sitting it out. I still think that we have other options in going inside in crunch time instead having Jennings put on a dribbling exposition for 15 seconds and then forcing a shot, so that is something they need to work on as the season progresses.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    basketbills, Lee356 and brofmfa like this.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps they can do it every night with our leading scorer Stuckey sitting it out.

TheeTFD likes this.
  19. LA Dre

Have to admit that when Monroe came back into the game for Singler in the second quarter with the Pistons down 52-32, the Pistons stepped up the D and trimmed the halftime lead down to 11 by the end of the half. But then there was Singler as the spark midway through the third....so the guy basically is a washout...as Lee sometimes states...

I concur with the exception of the two threes by Mr. Bigshot he seemed out of sync on both the defensive and offensive ends. But the two treys helped!!

20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Love the fought back from a 20 points down which not happened for so many years. Go Pistons.