Home Boston Celtics Sunday Nov 18 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Maxiell has been solid. He's got confidence in that Jump shot and its really helping the team out. The team as a whole did a good job putting Boston on its heels and that and fatigue was too much for them to overcome. They really keyed in on Rondo. Rondo has 10 assists and Boston had 12 total. Knight was stymied by Boston but Detroit had 23 assists from 9 different guys. Teamwork makes the dream work! I like Maggette out there with Drummond. He's talking on D. I think he's a good influence. He's made some jaw dropping bad plays but he's good for a corner 3 and we really need guys that can score. Stuckey is still key to this teams wins this season. I don't like how he scores but at least he was unimpressive vs. dismal. Still, he dished and rebounded well.
    del, linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

You never know when there might be a bear in the Palace
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[disclaimer: I'm drunk off of a win]

The team's identity is starting to show. They rebound hard and attack in the paint is how I'd sum it up. When it works it is a very satisfying way to win. I could actually see .500 for prolonged stretches in our future.

Monroe's FT shooting improvement is going to spill over into his J, I can tell. His form is good enough and he has great touch in general. With that dimension, he'll be an all-star player because he's be able to score against the shot blockers too and get them out of the paint to set up his passing.

Maxiell just played great. What a joy to watch tonight. Took 2 charges from Pierce, was challenging everything, and was quit an offensive threat. Monroe and Max were 9-11 from the FT line too!

Knight didn't do great, but he did have 6 points on 3 shots, so he didn't cost the team very much. He was going against a good defender and Boston was playing active D all around. This game was decided in the trenches.

Bynum- just enjoy the show. He hit a 3, had 5 ast and 0 turns, he was +11, had the dunk of the game, and stole the ball twice. The guy he couldn't guard only had 12 points and almost had his assist string broken... only got it in GT with a desperate effort.

As for Drummond- let's all be thankful that he didn't suffer any injuries with his head barely missing the rim on multiple occasions. Wow.

Weird box score item: Rondo had 10 asts, but the rest of the Celtics only had 2 on the night, none by the starters. Not sure I've ever seen that before. 12 assists to 17 turnovers for them, which just can't get it done.

Also, every single Pistons in the plus column tonight, which may not happen again this year.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I like Singler. I like JJ too, but while JJ is all hustle and very little game, Singler can BALL! Nothing flashy, he just knows how to play the game of basketball. You all know watching Knight was extremely painful in this game, one of his worst games as a Piston, but they won! So I'll back off. Monroe seems to have calmed down, if he can hit that perimeter jumpshot with some consistency, then we can actually move him to the PF spot and play Dre at center. Speaking of Dre, he is absolutely clueless! He has no clue as to the kind of physical gifts that he has or how to use them. If the light bulb ever goes off for Andre Drummond he will be the best center in the league and 2nd won't even be close. If he ever figures out that he is bigger, stronger, quicker and faster than everybody else.......and he has great hands, instincts and a soft touch.........heaven help us. I'm not confident that he'll get there. The Pistons need to pay Hakeem Olajuwon whatever amount of money he asks for to work with Dre.
  5. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

It is really intimidating just how quick he really is. He can actually outrun guards, and at full sprint is just impossible to catch.
  6. Slippy

JJ is really a victim of circumstance. He's a tweener but Prince is lodged at SF and we have a glut in wings. I think if he could get comfortable at the 3, he'd do ok. As it is, I'd rather Drummond come in for him or even Daye. I hope Middleton, English and Kravstov get to play for the mad ants.
  7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Had a glance of the box score for this game and notice Darko is in the Celts roster. Listed him as DNP Family Reasons. I'm pretty sure the Celts would have blown the Pistons of the court if he played. Would have even BLOCK Dre's coast to coast lay up as well.
  8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good point. This win comes with an asterisk.

Sullinger looked good....although the time he backed down Singler he traveled about 3 times.
    linwood likes this.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think JJ's edge was that he played with a lot of aggression and energy, but you can see the difference between him and Singler in that Kyle knows how and where to direct that energy on the court.

I've been totally unimpressed with JJ so far this season. Almost any other warm body could do what he has done.

He's got to get a better feel for the game or he will be out of the league sooner than later.
    alexa032, KGREG and basketbills like this.
  10. Slippy

Play Kyle at the 4 and see how he does.
  11. roscoe36

The thing is, JJ played well at the 4 before.

I am not sure it is strictly a situational issue. He seems very uncomfortable out there.

That said, with Magette and Prince ahead of him, his chances of ever playing the 3 are low.
  12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...which is why Joe needs to trade Tay.
    There are a lot of teams in the association that could benefit from the services of Tashaun Prince.
    I don't think the Pistons are one of those teams.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I like JJ, I really do, but here in Piston land because we watched guys like Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace we tend to get overly excited about high energy role players. The time is getting close to going with the 3 headed monster at PF and C: Monroe, Drummond and Maxiel. Ultimately I'd like to see Maxiel replaced by Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap.
  14. BallDon'tLie

Your 3-headed monster only has 2 & 1/2 heads.

...and gimme Millsap over Al-Jef.
    KGREG likes this.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I like Millsap too because he's shown the ability to produce as the first big off the bench, but I'll take either one of them over Max, even though Maxi has been playing well as of late. Funny what a contract year will do for a guys game, hmmmm, maybe next season will be break out seasons for Stuckey and BoT.
  16. roscoe36

I don't think Max's play is based on whether he is in a contract year or not. He's getting opportunities he didn't get before. Frank understands what LB understood. You gotta get your big guys going early if you want them to play at a high level.

For all of the complaining about Frank, I think I have been impressed with him.

Not sure about trading Tay. Good Tay like we saw last night, is a solid player.
  17. roscoe36

And if I didn't mention it already, I was really impressed last night. Yes, the Celts looked like they would rather be anywhere else but the Pistons didn't give them a chance to get back in the game. I am seeing a lot of hustle, paint play, teamwork. When we get out and run a little, good things happen. We're not a great half court team without outside shooting.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  18. BallDon'tLie

Max is a good guy but he's dead to me as a Piston.
    Yup, he's playing good and that's WHY I'm showering him with the Hateraide.
    If Jason Maxiell could ever decide to show up for all 82, he'd be a solid player in the league. He brings it every 6th game or so (or...every 3rd or 4th game this being a contract year and all).

I always thought that JMax was going to subsist on meals that feature hearty helpings of babies.
    ...all he's ever done is merely snack on babies.
  19. BallDon'tLie

Hey Joe, I know you read this board.
    Three-Six was just kidding about not wanting to trade Tay.

A package of Matt Carrol and a 2nd rounder sounds like a solid package to me.
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I think Joe, Frank, and Tay need to sit down and talk... if we get the Tay of last night, I say keep him. If he is the guy who doesn't look like he cares then we need to move him onto a team where he wants to play. Tay needs to buy in and give 100 percent or he needs to go. I am in the minority I know on this on though.
    alexa032 and roscoe36 like this.