Away Boston Celtics Friday Dec 30 2011

Discussion in 'December 2011' started by roscoe36, Dec 29, 2011.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2011.
  1. Detroit

20.0%
  2. Boston

80.0%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:30 pm

TV: FS Detroit / NBALP
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Boston by 3...........

3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Good experience for our little B-K Broiler to get a close look at Rondo.
    I know Rodney's been teaching the kid but it seems like Knight could learn a lot from checking Rondo.

I'll bet my house that the Celts win this one by at least 15 after the Pistons close a bit of the gap in some extended garbage time.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Rascoe placed a survey at the top of this thread.
    It'll be interesting to see who picks the Pistons in Boston.

5. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Boston are 0-3 and look very old. Could the young upstart Pistons extend it to 4? Here's hoping!

6. BallDon'tLie

Mate, it's because Boston is 0-3 that I believe the Pistons will be paying a visit to Uncle Beatdown tomorrow night.
    Is it possible for Garbage Time to start in the 1st quarter of a NBA game???

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not sure if Villenueva will be starting or not.

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

After an 0-3 start to the season, a home game against the Pistons is just what the doctor ordered for the Celts. Boston by 15+. KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo will all sit out the 4th.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As long as CV dominates the matchup against KG, I think we have a chance. You know Stuckey is going to overpower Allen and Tay will bamboozle Pierce with his pump fakes.

10. BallDon'tLie

Is Charlie back for this one?

11. max

max All-Star

no 4 game suspension.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Don't think for a second that the League didn't plan this to guarantee a Celtic win.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Charlie is our enforcer. I'm worried that with all the trash talking and shoving that KG does, we are really going to miss our enforcer.

14. max

max All-Star

You know, if we are not going to play D anyway then at least we could have used his offense.

roscoe36 likes this.
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Boston by 25. If we can't keep up with the Pacers and Cavs no chance that we keep up with Boston.

16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Seriously, if Garnett tried to pull any of that crap with Charlie around, everyone on Twitter would know about it. CV ain't afraid to use his thumbs.

17. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Things could be a lot worse. We could be losing by doubledigits with Stuckey, Tay and Bynum all getting 36 minutes a game while we wait for BK to 'earn minutes'

JJ and Monroe are playing hard but they are overmatched. Sometimes, as you see us get dominated inside the cameras will cut to...the starters! Hey who are we up against?

There's no magic bullet for this. I'm just hoping we see some good development from some of our guys, a lucky lottery, and a good pick.

Be Bold JOE! we got nothing to lose but losing itself.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Game started even, but the C's took over in the second and then came out and put them away in the third shooting over 70%. Three pointers and Brandon Bass and J Oneal pretty much did the Pistons in, despite the heroics by Greg Monroe.

the Pistons finally out rebounded an opponent, but tonight it didn't help as the C's were perfect at the line, hit the threes when needed, out blocked the Pistons 6-0 and hit the shot whenever the Pistons tried to get back in it.

A late rally by the Pistons, cut a 25 point deficit down to 11, but Doc put his starters back in to assure that there would be no OT or Piston upset tonight.

I will leave it to Lee to fill in the rest of the blanks

nite now..

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No different from the last two game. Inept coaching. Bad loss. Again, for the 3rd straight game, the coach misidentified JJ as a power forward. Its like, why not tell the league, you are doing something utterly stupid, and let them prepare in advance to take advantage of it? That is what coach is doing by starting JJ at power forward. Flashing him in there upon occasion would not hurt much, but starting him? Nuts. If this continues, kiss the season goodbye soon, and Gores might as well have Dumars fire the coach now and cut his losses. Gordon got to play, and actually did connect with his teammates on two occasions, a rarity for him. But then it was back to one on one play which is Gordon's nature. As a backup, Gordon might have some value, but I doubt it. Knight and Daye should be our starting backcourt, with Stuckey being a very fine sub. And no, with Stuckey as the sub, who is not much of a point guard himself, Gordon fits not at all. We had a few minutes in each half with a good front line. Strength from one player, length from another. The rest of the time was utter non-sense. Like no strength at all, such as the Monroe / JJ starting bigs, or no height at all, like JMAX and Ben getting paired together. And of course, the worst thing you can do on this earth as far as offense - pair up JMAX and Ben Wallace. Which in some absurd alternate dimension makes sense when you are miles behind in the 4th quarter, where this coach saw fit to pair them up. Earth to coach, please come back to this dimension - where no way it makes sense to put in offensive ineptitude when you are miles behind. Miles ahead would be different. Please learn the difference by next game. If we are not 20 points up with under 5 minutes to go, never pair up Ben Wallace and Jason Maxiell. I am using their full names here in case you have not learned their names yet. As slow as you are so far on the pickup, I am wondering. Note, Greg Monroe had a good game on offense, and yet we were massacred for the most part with him in the game. And JJ did not play bad at all on offense, yet we were massacred while he was in. This is because the were paired together, resulting in a continuous layup line for Boston. I dunno, it seems Boston could have laid it up on us for 8 straight quarters in this game before coach realized what was going on. Seems he is thinking in ultra slow mo. Sure, I like ultra slow mo - but when reviewing game film - not during a game in regards to thinking. Get with it, and coach smart. Unfortunately, here comes CV for the next game. We are doomed. All for now.

20. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Andre Drummond here we come...

This was the first game of the Pistons I've seen this young season broadcasted over NBA T. I'm not sure if they're gonna show any more after that.

I'm gonna leave the recaps to the Lee and the forum veterans, but a few comments:

1. What the heck is Daye doing? Is he just out to score points? I really don't care for excuses like being played out of position, no playing time, yada yada. He has to assert himself. At the very least, he should want the ball. At times he had it, he was more often than not tentative, slow, and just didn't want it enough.

2. We need a big, bad.

3. I think the team isn't even trying. No defense.

4. Positives in this one were Monroe actually trying to do something, but he still looks awkward on those post moves. Somebody has to teach this kid. Jerebko is still all hustle and another guy we had who was trying, but overmatched at PF. I think he will be respectable at PF but may be a more natural fit at SF.

5. Let's not kid ourselves with the backcourt of Stuckey and Gordon anymore. Poor performance. Stuckey can be serviceable yet, but I think Gordon has just lost it. Let the guy go. Start Knight with Stuckey, Prince, JJ and Monroe. Backup with Daye, Wallace, Macklin, and, if we must, Wilkins, and whoever else.

6. Makes me wish for Darko.