1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Blockbuster Trade Will Happen After The Olympics

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Aug 17, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Of course I meant to write Had a younger and hungrier team.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think you were right when you said you have to make your own luck. LB connected with the team and was able to motivate them which led to hunger. Your boy could not.

One told the players he loved them during crucial timeouts. One stood as far from the huddle as possible while still technically being in the building.

The players knew LB could help them and it showed. The bodies are the same and so is the laundry, but it was LB's teams who excelled at the end of games and could grind it out. Your boy lived off of that reputation, did nothing to enhance it and moved them backwards. I guess a reason to watch this season is to see if he killed it for good.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What's this "your boy" stuff Ernie? Max is no big Flip fan.

4. max

max All-Star

That is correct I am not a big Flip fan. I agreed with the firing with the rest of you all. But I also try to fair and not throw the whole thing on him.

I even changed my avatar to Curry when he was hired as the head coach.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It is a simple world I occupy where if you are against LB you must be for Flip.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Please don't compare Ron Artest to Sheed. Last i checked Sheed wasn't bi-polar, didn't beat his wife, not feed his dogs, and was generally mentally unstable.

--------

No one's labeling LB as perfect, but that doesn't change the fact that LB was/is the BETTER coach. His track record (sans NY) speaks for itself. LB is known for the PO's. Flip is known for choking in the PO's. And even with an injured KG or Pierce i believe BOS still would have beat us under Flip. Do you really feel like if the same circumstances MIA up 7 in the 4th quarter under Flip we would have pulled that game out? Would Flip have ever though to put Elden/Ben in the game together? Would he have been to make the team believe they could win? LB connected with the team in a way Flip never could b/c he just doesn't have what it takes to be a big-time coach.

7. max

max All-Star

I guess I never understoond where some of you are going with this about LB.

Do you think we had a choice in keeping LB? Was it a choice to you between LB and Flip in that Dumars could have kept LB for the full 5 years if he wanted to?

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

My post was only in response to your post about Flip not "catching breaks" and us getting lucky and downgrading LB's contribution to what made that team (this?) great not LB's departure.

I don't know if we had a chance in keeping LB. I do believe that Bill D was the major factor in him ultimately getting bought out, and i'm not really sure Joe D was on board. Don't get me wrong LB hold his fair share of blame (was he angling for a restructured contract?; wanted out?, whichever he went about it in a really stupid way), but in the end if there was a way to make it work, i believe winning trumps all, and egos/pride could be swallowed for the sake of that. But Bill D will never forgive him, LB's in CHA, we have Curry. It's done. But there's something to be said about what LA did; Phil Jackson gives them the best chance to win, and they know it.

9. max

max All-Star

Not everyone is going to have the same opinion in here and with that I am going to pass.

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You like my signature, don't you? :MusicBigGrin:

11. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Which is most of the time!