Bismack Biyombe Anyone??????

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Apr 15, 2011.

1. HardyHar

HardyHar First Round Draft Pick

I wish we could see the complete summit games. It's so hard to tell watching someone's highlights. I mean, EVERYONE owns on their own reel. I'd like to see if he knows how to move without the ball, pick and roll etc. My guess is that ALL of the other bigs on our radar do. But it doesn't really matter because this team needs an enforcer that will intimidate drivers in the lane. How may times did teams get layups and dunks while TMac, CV, etc just looked at each other confused? A guy like BB would change all that immediately IMO. even if he does nothing else, it would help Detroit establish more momentum, giving them confidence and more wins. We need to enforce the NO FREE CHILI rule again!

I also don't think he'll need much offensive skill with the power and hops he has. GM is going to find him with slick inside passing and BB doesn't need any room to $#!+ on people (that you CAN see in the mixtape). That too will help this team's psyche. If we keep Wilcox, we'll have a couple rim shakers that will help set an aggressive tone down low.

He might end up like a Theo Ratliff. He looks much stronger than Theo, but honestly Ratliff would prob be a HUGE help right now too. Chalk him up to bad timing possibly.

2. HardyHar

HardyHar First Round Draft Pick

Lastly, aside from Kanter (whom is highly unlikely to be avail to us) and MAYBE Valanciunas, I'm not sure there's a better pick for us right now. Vesely seems too similar to JJ to me - a nice athletic 6'10" guy that can run the floor but can't create his own offense. he can jump higher, but I'm better JJ is a harder worker/intangible guy. Then there's the slew of 6-8 "PFs" that'll prob be better on the wing, an area we have covered with Tay (if he stays) and Daye.

We NEED a big. We need a POWERFUL big. To me, Kanter or BB are the best this draft has that will be avail to us. Maybe Joe doesn't like what he's seeing and that's why the trade rumors are circulating.

I just think we already have too much finesse on this team up front. I'll be bummed if we pick another "Euro-style" player with soft defense.

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we just take the best player available. I wouldn't pass on someone because we already have Tay/Daye/JJ/Summers... It's very much questionable whether any of these guys are future long-term starters.

One thing that's still obvious even in the 'hands-off' era of today's NBA, is that defense still wins championships and a lot more gets let go in the Playoffs. Even I have been surprised to see Wade and James not getting the calls they usually get in the regular season.

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Is there any way to trade the #8 plus Rip Hamilton and end up with nothing?

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm getting excited for next year already. Next week there is going to be article with the headline, Pistons to run four corner offense - shot clock be dammed.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to re-sign Prince and run the one-corner offense?

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Have I gotta deal for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is good thinking....within the right proportion. One area of proportion, that is reasonably semi-solid, is in the 1-2 area. We are talking Stuckey, Bynum, Gordon and White. We need time in understanding a potential pay-off of the right coach, who quickly understands the substitution of a power element that will have to lead. The latter is very important. Somehow the right mixture out of this group will have to show the right path. It all starts here.

Your other proportion is my main concern, and by your emphasis, yours as well. In short, all those, (except one) are bench players in waiting, on a certain level. This is not to denigrate their role within a mature team structure, and furthermore, being the right mixture; can make a difference for a successful season leading into deep playoff runs. The Pistons, currently have no such advantage.

Rethink your obviousness. Understand that the chess board for players is understanding: Passed Pawns – To Push or Not to Push: That Is the Question.

In a sense, defensiveness does not win championships. Those left standing do. It is important to understand the broach of borders. Flexibility of newness is excessive energy, against not of old, but the probing of what the center needs. Becoming old is no longer the hiccup of a back-channel: the obviousness of relevancy still rules for survivability.

9. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

like what I just saw! Still, it's just a highlight video, I remember having watched such a video from Cheickh Samb and how the whole forum viewed im as being the next Wilt

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh yeah, I saw that vid, and don't recall him looking like he was man enough to handle 20,000 women??:sssh:

12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I like the fact that half of his highlight reel is defensive plays.

13. Mogilny

It's hard to say anything from a highlight reel but I like the authority in his defensive plays. It looks like he's not taking any prisoners.

14. Mogilny

15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

He already seems to be as good as Ben Wallace at the FT line.

17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

oh yeah; we should pick him up after the draft, he'll probably be still available :sssh:

18. Brap

Brap Starter

He looks awful to me. Was Ben Wallace that raw when he was coming out of college?

Ben wasn't just an athletic defender - he had the best defensive IQ in the game. He was also a really good passer.

I don't see much to love about Biyombe.

19. Mogilny

I think that's a fair assessment. If he reaches his absolute maximum he might put up blocks and rebounds like a DPOY but he won't put up +/- like a DPOY. But what do I know, your post and that video is my main sources of information. :pound:

I still see some merits in picking a raw guy like this in this weak draft. He's only played for 4 years according to the vid so you'll never know. The amount of sure things in this draft seems to add up to one guy.

20. Brap

Brap Starter

This is one of those times when all we really can go on are wisps of information. It seems like all the intriguing guys in this draft who are available to the Pistons are players few of us have ever seen - foreign kids.