1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Big Ben?? No not to start.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Wiggles, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I'll be more than happy to bring him back to just retire number 3.

If they don't retire number 3, then something is wrong.

2. Hueyfreeman

Hueyfreeman Second Round Draft Pick

Drew Gooden : I really think we're overlooking this guy as depth or a stopgap starter you gotta like him.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

bring back ben. Give him #3. He could definitely help this club. Then retire his number.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I agree.

5. G-man

G-man Starter

Former Pistons center Ben Wallace back to Detroit?
    Sherrod Blakely - MLive

"While there's no deal imminent, the Pistons are going to explore the possibility of bringing one of the franchise's greatest defenders, back to Detroit.

Detroit has about $3.5 million to use towards free agents, but would probably not use all of that to sign Wallace.

Boston's Glen Davis remains an option, but the Pistons are reluctant to make him an offer because he's a restricted free agent. And the Celtics have said repeatedly that any reasonable offer Davis receives - and Detroit's offer would fall under that category - they would match.

And while Detroit could surely continue its youth movement and pursue someone like Chris Wilcox or Drew Gooden, Wallace might be a better fit."

Former Pistons center Ben Wallace back to Detroit? - Detroit Pistons Basketball: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

6. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I'm all for bringing Big Ben back and then retire the number 3. Guys were talking on the podshow that at least one player from the 2004 team should have his jersey in the rafters.

Also, don't know why some are so high on Gooden, i remember a Cavs game, in a time out, the only thing everyone said to him was to stay on his feet the next play and not to go for the fake; despite that, the first thing Gooden does after the time out is go for the fake, Lebron's face after that was priceless.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well if he did came back and took the #3 at least i'd have another jersey in my rotation that would be valid again lol.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He's 6'10" & 250. He'll only be 28 when the season starts. He can get you 10&5 in limited minutes and if he'll sign for about $4M, then it is a clean steal! He's a perfect player to bring off the bench at PF, if Max could do what Gooden does we wouldn't be having this discussion. Now if Gooden is the 2nd or 3rd option on your team that you depend on heavily, well that's a different story........

9. G-man

G-man Starter

When the bell tolls....

4X NBA Defensive Player of The Year Available
    Aron Phillips - Dime Magazine

"While we’ve spent the past two hours in the office debating the Hall of Fame merits of Ben Wallace, the facts are clear: After the Suns completed a $10 million buyout for a contract that would have paid Wallace $14 million this season, he became available (for cheap) to help your team win a ring in 2010."

4x NBA Defensive Player Of The Year Available | Dime Magazine (www.dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers

10. Wiggles

Wiggles First Round Draft Pick

Drew Gooden is a lazy punk. He has already reached his potential, and on his way down. If he were any good, he would not have been on so many teams.

Plus I can't get over that stupid patch of hair he had in cleveland.

11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

You guys need to stop messing with Rodney Franchise's legacy.

12. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Excellent point........I totally forgot about that patch of hair. I'll pass.

[​IMG]

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know what to think about this. If we get him for cheap, he'd be a great utility big man to play PF or C. He'd put some pressure on guys to play defense and hopefully he'd be like an extra coach in practice for defensive principals.

It might be a little depressing seeing Ben come off the bench behind Kwame.

14. G-man

G-man Starter

Low Rent Defense?

It wouldn't be depressing if he comes in for 15-18 minutes and give us 85% of what he gave us back in 2006. But only if he gets it done for the minimum. Issue remains he's not a big "BIG".

But it would leave Dumars under the cap and capable of making a deal once the F/A's clear the field. Moving a remaining vet's contract in combination with the remaining space could still deliver a very viable player...plus we'd rent a capable defensive "little" big.

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's telling when you can't even look good next t Tim Duncan.

16. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Ben Wallace didn't fool Joe Dumars.

17. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't know about bringing Ben Wallace back. I think it is best if we just moved on and start a new chapter. Will Ben Wallace's brother have his family pass and privliages at the Palace reinstated if Big Ben is resigned? I think this was a big sticking point with Ben.

18. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I'll buy that for a dollar. I would love for Ben's Jersey to be retired in Detroit. Arnie can bring back the dead. Who else is on the list?

19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  20. BG*CV*STUCK

BG*CV*STUCK Second Round Draft Pick

To start yes! We need his dirty work down low and I feel he can thrive in detroit again. Dumars get him. Sign him 2 years 8 mill? If we have that much