Big Ben Contract

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Oct 9, 2005.

1. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With his contract coming up this year, what are all you peoples expectations for the number and years. Being that he is 31, I cant seem him getting a guaranteed 5 yrs. I was thinking maybe a three year deal in the 20-25 million range, with some options for year 4 and 5.
  2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'm thinking trade honestly.

i'd sign ben for maybe 3 years 30 million. team option for years 4 and 5. just because ben has been loyal and underpaid by the pistons. i'd like for him to retire as a piston. he's one guy that the pistons should try to keep even if it doesn't make sense in terms of the business. as long as he doesn't try to milk us at the end of his career being injured and still trying to collect the check. i say sign him.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Just treat him right without messing over the organization. I don't know what that entails at this point but he deserves to be treated well. I think the Pistons usually do take care of their players (still not sure exactly what happened with Isiah at the end).
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I agree. Ben has earned a right to retire as a Piston and be treated with the honor earned by the heart and soul of the organization. The Isiah travesity cannot be repeated.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Ben has done so much for this franchise, and he's NOT DONE yet. When he does get old though the least we could do is keep him a piston, he'd still be valuable then, but come on thats 5 or 6 years from now probably more.
  6. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

He will still contribute for a good number of years yet and this team all started being built around him.Hopefully he stays but nothing would suprise me at all.I think in this day and age of sports Ben is deserving because he has given his all hopefully he gets the same in return.
  7. G-man

G-man Starter

Jay said "i'd sign ben for maybe 3 years 30 million. team option for years 4 and 5. just because ben has been loyal and underpaid by the pistons. i'd like for him to retire as a piston. he's one guy that the pistons should try to keep even if it doesn't make sense in terms of the business. as long as he doesn't try to milk us at the end of his career being injured and still trying to collect the check. i say sign him"

I think we see something close to this. I think the contract will be for 4 years with an option for a 5th at the players option. Big Bens got some ticks left in him, especially if the Pistons can get some quality minutes from the rest of their bigs.