Ben Wallace News Opinions

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MotownPride, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

He Did!

....By being better than them.

2. Pwn Toney

Re: October 2006 Piston Articles

How about now?

He's still right. Flip still didn't listen and that doesn't make Ben a b****. Detroit won't be better on paper OR on the court. Ben WILL be better off because he'll be in a system that actually tries to utilize his strength instead of highlight and harp on his weaknesses.

True, and by being here for the last 6 years. He knew what he was talking about and had a right to be pissed when the "new guy" decides to come in, toss all the working models out the window, and institute a soft defense and a completely perimeter offense. He voiced his opinion IN HOUSE and was promptly ignored...and ignored quite publicly after eveyone basically made fun of him after speaking about the defensive effort early in the season when they were reeling off wins.

Do I need to say this again? The playoffs will be even more irritating than this year as Vince Carter, Wade, and James along with any other flashy player will have a free pass to the basket. Our highlight reels will consist of our guys pulling the ball out of the net after someone's dunk or 3pt play.

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

^

Sad and completely true

4. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Ben turned into a whiner, we knew that. But he's a whiner who's right, and a whiner who earned the right to speak his mind/whine within our organization.

I wish I could read a column that talks about how Joe's choice wasn't just Ben or cap flexibility, but between Pistons DNA and something else. Joe chose something else, and that's the real story. Not that Ben is here or gone.

It's horrifying to hear about Flip ``taking the high road''. Flip's been sniping all summer. Is that so hard to notice?

5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

better at what??

shooting?? memo > darko > ben
    rebounding?? ben > memo > darko
    shotblocking darko > ben > memo
    passing darko> ben >= memo
    hairstyles ben > memo > darko
    defense ben > darko > memo

ok. ben is slightly better but he wasn't better to the point where there were absolutely no minutes at center for anyone else. i've said this before that it was ben that didn't want to give up any minutes for darko to get some pt. ben probably was complaining that he didn't earn it like he did. darko just showed up and was better than him in a lot of areas. memo was better too. i know in flips system which 2 are better than 1.

yeah. well maybe we could have won a couple of those utah / orlando games if ben was better than those two. as i recall ben pulled his ultimate girly move during the orlando game.

6. bball jay

joe defines what piston dna and something went wrong with ben's dna. ben is a whiner who didn't bring his game in the playoffs. ben could have had some ammo if he was a beast defensively in the playoffs but he wasn't. i think ben wants to blame his lack of defensive effectiveness when it counted on flip not doing enough defensive work in practice. as i recall ben can't complain about flip not putting emphasis on defense cause ben didn't want to play flips style of defense. you can't tell the coach you dont' want to play his style of defense and then when yours doesn't work blame it on the coach for not coaching you. he tried and ben being the malcontent he is didn't want to do it.

7. Pwn Toney

:pound:
    Look man, at the end of the day if Darko "Russell" was better he would have made it onto the court, plain and simple. There's only one #12 and that scenario doesn't happen, but once in a millienium.

FOLKS, SAVE THIS AND NEVER LET IT DIE...

Oh, but when Darko put on the Mr. Yuk face when LB put him in under 2 min. and proceeded to sulk his way to nothingness, that was totally cool...:rolleyes:

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Just put my initials on every one of the Low's responses.

Coming in as a better shot blocker than Ben.....pure comedy. :pound: :pound: :pound:

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Re: October 2006 Piston Articles

What I'm trying to say is that Ben didn't even do much devensively either in the playoffs. No one on the Pistons did good on either sides of the court and that's why they got embarresed.

Ben did bad defensively in the playoffs as well. So it's not like he played amazing defense and we kept getting scored on. If that was the case than yeah this team would have a horrible time playing defense this year, but it wasn't. Every player except for Tayshaun did not bring their A game on both ends of the court. If the players play to their abilities this coming playoffs There is no reason they shouldn't do better.

If you want to argue that even though Ben's stats on defense were below his average his prescence made a difference I'm afraid that isn't totally true. Because it looked to me like no one was even scared of Ben anymore.

10. bball jay

yeah. darvin ham was better that's why he was on the court. curry was better that's why he was on the court. with the pistons minutes aren't given to the young player if there is a vet to give them to. that's why darko, memo are gone and why delfino wanted out. it doesn't matter who was better the coaches trusted ben more because he was "proven".

darko was maybe 19 and didn't want to be a part of purposeful humiliation by lb.

ben was 30 something and it was crunch time when he refused to go into the game his team lost.

11. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Is there a slight chance this wasn't a purposeful humilation? Thank God Larry's stay in New York proved he didn't like to play young players. Oh wait, he did. Never mind.

12. Pwn Toney

bball jay....let me as you this:

Is Darko even responsible for when he poops?

Or, is that some fault of LB, Flip, and this Pistons organization for attempting to force him to release excrement that, if allowed to be retained by Darko, could prove useful to Darko in the future, provided he is given ample opportunity and not left to find his own methods to put his poop to good use; while other, namely unworthy, vets are allowed to keep their poop and release as they see fit?

13. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

okay, now i realize that in addition to the dime i want for everytime someone says "there's blame enough to go around. let's move on," i also want a dime for every thread that becomes a darko thread.:)

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

And we've now hit rock bottom with this topic.

:closed_2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.