1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Ben Wallace/Chicago Bulls '06/'07

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I could be mistaken but I thought it was something about a home/road thing. Doesn't he put it in braids when he is on the road because he only trusts his wife to do it?

If so, you could find it by checking every team he's been on and seeing what their home/road record was, I guess.

2. max

max All-Star

Does he still wear his hair out without a head band?

3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Ben went down with a knee injury tonight in a collision with Udonis Haslem. The Bulls are calling it a sprain, but whether that's the case or not he'll probably be out for a significant amount of time.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I noticed that Wade almost led the Heat in every category against the Bulls tonight.

24 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block.

Antoine Walker had 9 rebounds to break up the sweep.

Who was the last NBA player to lead in all 5 categories for 1 game? (I don't know the answer).

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm pretty sure that the afro is purely on the whims of Chandra. I remember reading an article where Ben said his wife braided his hair for him, and she decided when it was afrotime.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So how bad is his knee?
    Down goes BBeen!
    Down goes BBeen!

7. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

People were talking baby Bulls this baby Bulls that some times 2 seasons ago, this morning I was very confortable to watch their home game against Heats. They did everything to make basketball fun to watch like protect the glass, spread the floor, keep the ball flow, one more pass, attack the rim, watch each other's back. Had not their poor FT and James Posey, the game could had been decided at 3rd quarter.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No Arnie for Ben now. I hope it's not bad, but it doesn't seem like it will be a minor injury.

9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

it's a catch-22. If ben gives all he has in about 95% of his appearances, than how do you explain the many games in which he had less than 5,6 boards (or even zero), without blocking shots or getting steals? If he still gave 100% in these games, than it seems like sometimes he ain't gettin' it done although he tries hard- so he's declining heavily (in a physical way), as I pointed our earlier.

10. max

max All-Star

In the few Bulls games I saw, they have been winning because of Gordon, Deng and Heinrich. All 3 are potential all-stars.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They have also been playing very well in the games without Ben.

I don't think Arnie does anything special to prevent knee sprains. Ever since I saw that piece about him rubbing mango extract into the sprained ankle to "release the toxins," I've thought of him as overrated.

12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Not like Big Ben to crumple to the floor in pain. It is probably going to be a pretty significant injury.

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think the injury potential of an undersized center played into Joe's decision not to match the Bulls offer.... Ben without wheels is Polonice like with a boat anchor contract.
    That contract is what could keep the Bulls away from dominating our division down the road.
    It will be interesting to see if the Bulls are willing to exceed the lux threshold (read somewhere that they might be willing).

14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think there is ANYTHING to prevent them.

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Yep, it will become a big problem for them. I am a big CB fan, but this little concern in the back of my mind leaves me uncomfortable with CB's looming contract length if we sign him.

If JD gets a PG before the deadline, then this points in a different direction for all the guards now playing.

16. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

17. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

18. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Good article. They Bulls really did screw themselves over. If they get through Miami, Ben is going to be beat up after playing Shaq.

19. max

max All-Star

Thats why its good to take care of business during the season. If the Bulls had not started so slow then they would not have been in that position. Plus they could have pressured the Pistons more.

20. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

One of my students is a huge Chicago fan. He was all fired up at the beginning of the year about getting Ben. Kind of taunting me. I saw him in the hall today (I had him last year) and I asked him what he thought of the trade now. He wasn't too impressed, just as I thought he would say. We both agreed that Chicago overpaid. I like Ben cause I am a defense first kind of guy. But he is such a huge liability on offense. It must be factored into the equation. It is literally like playing four on five with their offense. Wonder what the whispers were like among the Chicago players when Ben did not play against the Pistons the last game and they scored a bazillion points. They must have felt like they were in heaven playing 5 on 5 again. Kind of like a dog that was just taken off of his chain.