Ben Irked/Trade Partners, Wizards, Knicks or Cavs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 3, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If I was on his back I would ride his behind straight to Dumars office and sign the darn contract. Enough of all this talk about what Ben shoulda, coulda, woulda done.

It's time to crap or get off the pot. All of the apostosizing, rationalizing, contractualizing, unemploymentizing, headscratchizing, and who knows whatelsizing.

Everyone has a Ben story, everyone has an opportunity to explore various scenario's i.e., I guess that's why Micro came up with the Pistonsforum so one could address these issues in a non-threatening environment unlike the Detnews.

At some point you have to wonder when will folks stop personalizing the Ben issue. Basketball is a business, players come players go, There is no one person who is more important than the team. I have a real difficult time commisserating over one person. The Pistons are a team first, individuals second.

Now if Ben starts depositing a check in my account on a monthly basis, then it would be a totally different story.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

ArmyG you started it.
    You insinuated that BBen was defaming the team. [he may be...]
    But what we have here is a one dimensional player...the greatest one dimensional player. In a league that may be moving away from his skills.
    He has a bad wrist. What's up with that?
    His coach may not value his skills.
    But everyone in the org. still loves him.
    So how much is he worth ArmyG?
    JD wouldn't break the bank for Sheed so BBen can expect the same treatment.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think B.Ben won't be here next season. Next season is going to be messed up:ohwell:.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It better not be. We have too much talent to be fussing over 1 great guy that might be happier with a change in scenry.
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Armygirl:

NOW I think we have plenty of facts to indicate he's going bye bye. lmao. Good call.:nod: :laugh:
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

ArmyGirl did call this one. If she is indeed in Kuwait today, I'd hate to be the person laying in the bunk next to her when she wakes up and logs on in a few hours....
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm wonderin' which of our media types is gonna have the balls to lay it out like it really is.... no fluff... no ass kissin'... jess the truth
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I jst can't see it turning out good. Sheed will be unhappy and I don't think there is a single guy Joe can bring in to get Rasheed comftorable again. Rasheed then might leave. CB will then realize this team won't win the ship so he;ll go for the cash. Ben leaving is going to have a domino effect:frusty:.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It'd be alright to see army first thing in the morning....

;) :D :tape2:
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

There is some resemblance to the Stack deal... let's face it Joe has to consider the short & long term... the team was going to grow old together... he can only answer what he thought the current squads chances of winning this year was.... if not this year then they're one year older and less likely to swap for good young talent (no rookies please)...

Would someone please agree on what was offered... 60M is some serious cash.
    Somethin' tells me Mc-Lose-key is gonna spin it all wrong.
  11. roscoe36

With Stack, we got something back. Cap hell and no assets.

That's what I am maddest about. What the hell did we trade Dunko and Arroyo for? To max out CB next year?
  12. LA Dre

That is what I heard on ESPNnews who posted the salary in bold $60M for 4 years with McCosky giving the soundbites that Ben would double his $30 million salary from the prior 6 years with the Pistons. Davison could only muster a little under the 52 mil
  13. LA Dre

At this point don't expect CB is a lock to stay too if we struggle next year and he has season on par with this years...at least the prior to the all star game anyway
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Unlike the Stackhouse trade we don't get a player back. I can't believe this happened. All this junk happened so quick. The playoff run, Ben leaving, this groups run all over like that.
  15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

no offense to ben but if he wanted $60 million then peace out, cya later. bring on the brahma.
  16. roscoe36

You don't get it.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

meaning?
  18. roscoe36

IMO, no Ben is stupid. It's not about $60 million. It's not even about $40 million.

It's about the franchise trading Darko and Arroyo to save money, and then letting Ben walk to save money.

Your season tickets are going to buy a whole lot less Pistons next year. But the price will be the same if not more.

Your money isn't going to guys on the court, it's actually going into the Pistons coffers. Last time I checked, concessions and tickets are not tax deductible.
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Seriously, if this is a cost saving move (which I agree it is) how much will the Pistons lose in Wallace (3) jerseys? Ben has the 7th best selling jersey in the league, and the Pistons get a percentage of every one of those hardwood classics, number 3 hats, NFZ wristbands, etc.

I don't have the numbers, but I bet the lost revenue from all that junk would have paid Ben's salary, and probably the lux tax too.

Oh yeah: and the inflatable defender, too. I forgot about the inflatable defender.
  20. roscoe36

If the Pistons sign a Center with the Mid-level @$5 million, they save $7 million off of what they offered Ben. By staying under the luxury tax limit, they will get between $5 and $7 million (approx.) back in tax distribution.

That's potentially $14 million dollars saved.