Ben Irked/Trade Partners, Wizards, Knicks or Cavs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 3, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

According to Wells agent he already has six separate offers... might as well not get hopes up on him.

2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I want Ben back in the D.

I am pretty Objective in my thinking. I never really change my attitude mid stream unless it's a major earth shaking situation.

Ben belongs in Detroit, I have never said anything to the contrary. But OBJECtIVELY speaking, I have to look at the events that has transpired and compare it to past similar situations.

Grant Hill, Alan Houston, I remember the situation very well, a large majority of us thought that both Houston and Hill would remain with the pistons. G. Hill landed in Orlando at the stroke of midnight)

But we began questioning this mode of thinking when both of these guys visited other teams.

Tayshaun & Rasheed, neither one contacted, flew to, met with, or conversed with any team we know of besides detroit.

Can you draw any parallels between Ben & any of the above mentioned players.

As the world's greatest fans (Detroit Sports fans) sometimes we hate to look at the unknown and rather sweep the obvious under the rug,

Reality is this: Ben met with another team (chicago) = interest+ defense+more money+a coach he didn't refuse to play for = high probability.

Ben+championship+5 years+great guy+charitable+grant Hill's replacement+DPOY+played for Less+Allstar+rebounder = Fan Loyalty

Hopefully Ben will take enough dollars as to not strap the team financially thereby, not giving us the flexibility to fill other needs. I truly think that Ben deserves to be paid because he was the catalyst that facilitated the big one and can get it done again with help.

Please Ben don't castrate the team, leave the organization some funds.

So there you have it. Pick your poison.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I heard that when Darko was thinking about asking for a trade, he visited with his tennis instructor in Flint, MI.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hold on. First you say you want him in Detroit...then in the next breath you claim you are objective...then next you say you hold firm to your "attitude" unless something Earth shaking occurs"!! Maybe you aren't as objective as you believe.

The facts are:

Ben has stated he would prefer to remain in Detroit.

Ben hired a new agent to get bigger bux and visited one other team. (Negotiating ploy or genuine interest?)

Ben stated the Piston's initial offer was "dissappointing". (He didn't say he was angry).

Ben very well may leave, but I've seen nothing to indicate that is going to be the case. We shall see.

5. roscoe36

Ben hired an agent because he is not able to negotiate a big dollar contract with a lawyer by himself (like some rookies can when they get a max offer from their home club). He fired his previous agent because there was a trust issue.

I'm ok with Arn Tellum. If it was Leon Rose, that would be a different story.

6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Ben didn't trust his old agent to get him max dollars.

7. armygirl

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying DartVader.

Reality and objectivity to me are synonomous.

For instance, I am here in Kuwait bored to death, I really want to go over across the border into Iraq. If I think Objectively about the situation, that would not be very smart right now.

I want to be released from the military, however, I better stay in unitl I can feel reasonably sure that I will have a civilian job waiting on me (objectivity) because after all, I don't make Ben's money, even though I am sitting here on the Iraqi border for another 52 days and putting my life on the line.

I Love Ben Wallace as a player, fierce competitor, and growing up on a healthy dose of Pistons on the West side of detroit (Ima lifer). However, I have to be objective, Ben visited the Bulls on the first day of free agency, G. Hill & Houston visited teams on their first day of free agency.

Objectively speaking, we cannot over look the facts, when our best players visit other teams during free agency, generally it is not a good sign.

Capeech

8. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

He also got a new agent because Tellum is the best in the business. I would put a clause in Ben's contract that says everytime he missses a free throw you subtract 500k from his contract! He would be broke by the 10th game of the season!

9. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Ben said it was because his old agent, who was supposed to be working on an hourly basis, had snuck a clause in his contract that he would get 4% if Ben didn't sign an extension or a max contract. Tellem is supposedly working on an hourly basis too.

10. armygirl

LOL
    Quit messing with me Roscoe, am I still your lil sista or what.

11. Darth Tater

I think most of us truly appreciate what the armed services are doing, and the sacrifices individuals have made for our country. but none of this has anything to do with Ben and objectivity in this case.

Your "objectivity" concerns guys that left the Pistons 10 years ago. Houston left under the cover of night, and Hill didn't want anything to do with a sorry rebuilding franchise. I think here we need to look at the facts in Ben's case.The facts here do not show that Ben is leaving. That much, I "capeech."

Ultimately, you may be correct. I'm not saying that Ben is not leaving, or that we even want him back. I am saying that we can only speculate at this point, and I don't think we've seen enough evidence to prove that he is leaving OR staying.

It's fine to speculate. Nothing better to do these days, but I disagree with your conclusion because I think you jump to it based on minimal facts and a one sided analyses of the facts that we do have.

12. roscoe36

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that we are supposed to be mad at
    • Dwyane Wade
    • David Stern
    • and Darko
    Please folks, let's concentrate. :laugh:

13. Darth Tater

LOL, actually...I like Wade. And Stern and Darko irk me now and then but I'm not mad at them.

If you were referring to my debate with armygirl, I certainly don't have any type of ill feelings in the least toward her. She's cool as far as I'm concerned. But I don't agree with her here! :P

Dang Micro, you're my boy, and we've bumped heads a lot harder and a lot more frequently! :D

14. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Attaboy, DartVader.

15. roscoe36

I'm not worried about armygirl, I'm worried about you. She could crush your head like a grape. Army's a trained fighting machine. :nod:

16. Darth Tater

LOL, no fair. I'm old and I wear glasses.

17. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

Honestly, the "I'm dissapointed..." part didn't bother me as much as the "I'm in the unemployment line" garbage. It's probably not a good analogy in a town where thousands of people are actually in the unemployment line and tens of thousands more are living with an axe hanging over their heads.

Plus, he's the one that has repeatedly turned down attempts at extending his contract over the years.

Also, I was thinking about the Dallas situation when they lost Nash and how they came back stronger. In our case, not signing Ben seems to be a much bigger problem because of our cap situation and a lack of drafted talent ready to step in/up.

That said, Joe needs to convince a guy who spends $10 on his jackets that he is going to have to start coughing up lux tax money.

18. armygirl

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

19. armygirl

Love you too Roscoe

20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Get off his back. You know how usually this team responds when Ben gets ticked off? This time in the playoffs it didn't work and Ben is pretty ticked at the way things turned out. After the way things ended people were not expecting this negotiation to be pretty. So why is everyone so surprised now?

This is the only way it seems people will listen to Ben. When we lost one of out first games against the Jazz Ben let out all his anger and said the team needed to pass the ball to everyone. After that we went on another 7-8 game winning streak.