Ben Gordon Will Emerge As Pistons Leader

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 9, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

After going back in the archives on articles about BG, went back to the pre-Bulls days when he was with U Conn. It appears to be that he is a born leader.

This is something that we have missed since CB was traded. Even after listening to his press conference and the references that was made about his friendship with Villanueva, we may have a valuable piece that's been lacking in the locker rom for a while.

Great Basketball skills are good for winning games, however, good leadership is how you win championships. I think Ben will provide that leadership.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some of the intangibles like leadership, chemistry, teamwork, motivation, etc. are so often underestimated. A thread was created recently stating that "Dumars still has done nothing." I think this statement will be proven to be incorrect in very short order.

I like Gordon and Villenueva. At least one of these 2009 draft picks will contribute immediately. I also believe Kuester is light years ahead of Curry in terms of readiness for running an NBA team. The Pistons are not yet ready to contend, but at least they are moving away from the lottery status that they were at about a month ago.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Kuester might be the most experienced assistant to ever get a head coaching gig. I like that. The learning curve for him should be shorter than any other first time candidate, and arguably shorter than Curry in his second year.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

By the end of next season, Curry would have been entering the Cognitive Verbal Stage of the curve.
  5. armygirl

Classic Piaget TaShawn, I knew there was another Neo-Freudian around here, lol.
  6. armygirl

Ditto Laims
  7. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

Maybe Gordon isn't a true leader of the court but he is in the court.He was fantastic,becouse when the team was struggling and a needed a player who can break the struggle Ben Gordan was that player.This year he showed how good he can be just watch 2-3 games Boston-Bulls series and you will see.