Breaking News Ben Gordon has been traded to Charlotte for Corey Maggette

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by detteam, Jun 26, 2012.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Yep. JD is getting some help now, in many aspects throughout the organization.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  2. pass99

This seems logical. Sometimes you need to clear the board in order to see what is in front of you. Flexibility means JD can maneuver, which is his greatest strength. Also, his rope has been shortened which I thing is good for everyone.
  3. pass99

4. max

max All-Star

I hope so, starting to think that Gores is just too cheap.

The pick is the big thing to lost as its only lottery protected for next year. By year 4 all restrictions are removed. Glad they are making trades again but we better start making the playoffs.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Nice thought Bill.............but will JD be so agressive..........I don't think so.............
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Unless Gores decides to green light the amnesty-ing of Charles Garbage, we'll be stuck with that guy until the day his contract expires. I don't think that there is a GM in the league who hasn't read the Dominican Republic story so it's going to be tough to find a trade partner for him, - even if it's just for his expiring contract when the time comes.

The way I see it, Charlie should have already played his last game as a Piston. He should never again bother to dress for a game. Given that fact, we might as well use the amnesty clause on him. If another team decides to pay him a million or two to be a part of their roster, that's money that we don't have to pay him. (I don't see this happening but at least there's a chance)

What I DON'T want to see happen is for the Pistons to invest any more time in Charlie Villanueva. I don't want to read a story in September about Charlie's boxing training this summer and about how he showed up to camp in the best shape of his life. We need to cut bait and run. I don't want Arnie spending any time working with him; I don't even want the ball-boys rebounding for the guy at the Piston practice facility.

...let "the plank" walk!
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Hypothetically speaking.

If the Pistons bought out Corey Maggette and used the amnesty clause on Chuck-G, Gores would be shelling out a little over $25 million dollars next year for Rip Hamilton, Charlie Villanueva and Corey Maggette to NOT play in Detroit.

Deeeeeeeeeetroooooiiiittttt Baaaaaaassssssskkkkkketbaaaaaaaaallllllll!
  8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hi there everybody. I continued to follow the pistons quietly and faithfully, however, I vowed not to post until Joe Dumars makes a trade with somebody. FINALLY, the curse has been broken. How long has it been 3 years, 5 years? Well truthfully, since my nephew is now in the NBA, I've been out and about, enjoying the NBA scene, boy what a ride. Loved it. Okay, well anyway, I am so happy that we have finally done something as far as acquiring players. I am sooo happy. Let's see where we will go from here. I have a feeling that big things will be happening on draft night. Hey there my peeps Roscoe, LA Dre, Lambs, Slippy, Dumars, Cloud, all the rest of my people and even Capp Spayce, lol. What's up Motown.
    detteam and coynejeremy like this.
  9. armygirl

Big shout out to Alexa, what's up girl, have you been behaving? Of course not lol. Linwood what's the dealeo
  10. armygirl

Earnie the slow, are you still here? Mikhail are you still making it with the nice Pistons post?
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maggette will be the highest paid Piston next year. I think they may want to suit him up and see what he can do.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey Army..long time no hear.....who is your nephew again....I want to follow him too, since any family of yours is family to all of us..:victory:
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Hey AG! Welcome back! :cheerleader:
    lol, of course I have...:sneaky::biggrin:
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

You know, just tightening things up and remembering where I come from. How you livin', Army Girl? Has the NBA lifestyle spoiled you?
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Hey, hey. I've even been saying nice things about Joe D since the trade!

Congrats on your nephew.....
  16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Julyan Stone from UTEP, if I recall correctly - plays for the Nuggets now.
  17. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

The more I ponder this trade, the more I feel like this was a precursor to another deal or two. Might be wishful thinking, but like AG, I am quite happy Joe's back to being aggressive in his trades after over 1000! days with no activity on that front. Trade season is in full swing as well, with teams looking to move up/into/down all across the board.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks
  19. max

max All-Star

The more I think about it the more I just can't support trading away a prime 1st round pick just to dump a player with 2 years left on his contract. Great that he is finally making trades again but we may end up really regretting this one.
  20. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Has to be said. Amazing post. I really had a good laugh :)

If we are still in the lottery mix next year I will be very surprised. The year after that? Shocked.

Plus I think we are forgetting about the amount of money we are going to have to pay Monroe for him to stay