1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Atlanta Hawks - Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Discussion in 'December 2015' started by roscoe36, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

My beefs:
    #1. Drummonds pick and roll D. It's simply awful. I wish he would play it right so the secondary rotation could be exposed. I mean, what exactly is the strategy on the pick and roll?

#2. We were clearly off last night. Why not get Jennings some run? I knew early that we weren't going to win, the fellas just didn't have it. Why not experiment with Morris at the 4 and play Jennings against Teague and Schroeder to give him a nice little baptism by fire?

Now, when the game was over I got the sense that SVG wasn't going to let the guys off the hook. He wanted to see a certain effort- win or lose, and he wasn't going to allow them to throw in the towel. I get it and halfway agree. We aren't the Spurs so we can't take Pops approach, no SVG has to demand excellence and effort every night b

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

b what? :biggrin:

3. roscoe36

4. linwood

linwood All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

37% is ridiculous. Learn to shoot free throws Andre.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We know big men [can] have problems with FT.
    Are there arms just to cumbersome. Take a step back, your feet don't need to be set to get a good ball feel.
    And stroke.
    I know that's what he said.

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Pitchers can't hit either. Not because they aren't capable, but because they were selected for other talents. If Andre shot 0% from the line, he'd still get a huge contact.

He'll improve. Look at what he's done on his post game.

coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  7. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. roscoe36

I have almost zero activity. But you're welcome to do so. :)

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good to see someone come around to their senses. lol

I just studied this one the past couple of hours. Then deleted it. I only watched it twice, not worth a third review later.

Lets start with beat a Drum. We lost the game in large part to falling behind, not by beat a Drum, but by SVG's decision, on whatever grounds, to take Drummond out of the game. With him out, we played our worst basketball of the game right there.

The way SVG should approach this, a foreign concept to him though, is to try winning the game. If they are sending Dre to the line, SVG is being given a free pass to put in whomever he wants, and use this period for rest for all his players. So all he need do is play his best defenders. Pope I believe was available yet before the beat a Drum started in the 2nd quarter, so Jackson, Pope, Johnson, Morris, and Drummond should have been on the floor. And gee, just so happens, these guys are not just his best defenders, they are his best players. Force them to foul Dre, just to keep this unit from scoring. As long as Dre makes 37% at the line, the Pistons only need to hold the other team to an effective fg rate of 37% to stay even, and count in turnovers in there. The other team only has so many fouls to give. You want Dre to get better, let him keep taking free throws. Over and over. Sure, practice between games too, but in game practice is a pretty good thing.

Dre is showing signs of getting his free throws better. In this particular game, he shot well enough at the line to keep him in, and we never actually lost any lead from the strategy - except when SVG made the wrong decision to take Dre out. Also, add in Tolliver rebounding one of those missed free throws and putting it in for two points, and really, we got just under the equivelent of 50% free throws.

Next, Illy. No way he belonged in this game. Useless. Atlanta paid him scant attention when we were on O, and Milsap used him as a doormat when we were on D.

With Atlanta using their five guys to guard our 4, ignoring Illy, only one on one stuff was available to us in the 3rd quarter. And Morris provided the one on one play, going 6 for 6 in the quarter. Unfortunately, that was about our only scoring.

We made a bit of a run at the end of the game, but never got better than within 8, and time ran out as Atlanta just played prevent.

Pope had a minor leg injury and missed the 4th quarter.

This was a totally winnable game, but no coach who cared to try to win it. Detroit is an excellent team, far better than Atlanta, and no excuse such as it being a back to back, or getting into Atlanta late due to fog had anything to do with the loss. The Pistons showed no signs of fatigue, they just were did in by their own coach.

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I have watched a ton of games with Winslow playing for Miami. We picked right. Winslow is not even close in terms of how fast he is picking up the game compared to how fast Johnson is improving.

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, stanimal is the real deal. And he's hitting .440 from the corners I believe. For a guy who prefers to drive, that is a pretty good counter punch.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. roscoe36

I knew this on the day of the draft. Stanley has that something. It is a character thing. What Ben Wallace had. What Darko did not.

BallDon'tLie and BillLaimbeer like this.
  13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

14. Pwn Toney

...but does Illy have it?

15. Pwn Toney

I'm really hoping the Pistons arrived in the D on time for this game...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.