1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away Atlanta Hawks Wednesday Dec 26 2012

Discussion in 'December 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Atlanta Hawks

Wednesday Dec 26 2012 - 7:30 PM EST

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

Ho ho ho

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well rested, chance to practice.

Pistons by eight.

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Where it the outcry from NBA fans around the world begging for a chance to watch the Pistons on Christmas day? There is no justice.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A rotation to use:

Start Knight, Daye, Tay, CV, Drummond.

2nd unit: Stuckey, Singler, Middleton, JMAX, Monroe

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If Tay can't play, wonder who'll get the start at SF? I bet you Frank will slide Singler to SF and start Stuckey as the SG.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good point. My nightmare. Now, Singler will give something at least as an outside shooter. Stuckey is no worse than Tay really when jacking up 3's. Could work. However,

Guy is injured, why not add a player. Take your pick of Middleton or English. (I'll choose both - and Kravtsov)

Start Knight, English, Singler, Monroe, Drummond

2nd unit: Stuckey, Middleton, Daye, Kravtsov, (Drummond or Monroe) - JMAX covers for foul trouble situations.

PS Merry Christmas everyone.

Oh, and JJ could just get the start.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

After rewatching the last couple of games, well, I did not learn anything. Nothing new. Lots of slow mo. Kyle still can't guard guards none too well. CV flat out can't defend. Bynum might as well not be there on the floor for as little defense he represents at times. I did take a lot of time watching Kravtsov's footwork. Not bad at all. I guess I learned something there. A few things I did not catch at first. But mostly, what I saw pretty much solidified my current views on who should play where. Singler should be at small forward. Stuckey and Knight should only play point guard. Split it up 24 minutes each there. That leaves room at shooting guard - and I say give Middleton and English some playing time there. Daye should backup Singler at small forward. On this, I have mixed feelings though, as Daye is so darn good at stopping opposing shooting guards from shooting the ball. To organize my thoughts at the moment, I will post yet another rotation.

Start: Knight, Daye, Singler, Monroe, Drummond.

2nd unit: Stuckey, English, Middleton, JMAX, Kravtsov.

This is of course in contrast to what I suspect Frank will use tonight for the Atlanta game. He will start:

Stuckey, Knight, Singler, JMAX, Monroe (This is assuming Tay is not playing from the ankle injury.)

2nd unit: Bynum, (Knight or Stuckey), Daye, CV, Drummond

The starters will struggle a lot with Singler being the only halfway reliable long-range shooter, but defensively they may do better than our starters of late. Singler will not have to try to chase guards he can't keep up with.

The 2nd unit? Bynum running the point is a poor decision to make. Whatever else this unit is capable offensively will be ruined largely by poor point guard play from Bynum. And on defense, with really just 3 defenders in, Daye, Drummond, (and either Knight or Stuckey), with CV and Bynum spectating, it won't be pretty.

In my opinion, the rotation I suggest would win the game. Frank's? I doubt it.

9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I would have to say Knight is probably our best distance shooter right now lee. Kyle has really been struggling and BK seems to be a flick of the wrist and its in for 3 lately.

10. roscoe36

Knight is our best 3P shooter at 42% and he leads the team in 3Ps made. There is no one even close.

11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

He's no Will Blalock but Beek has a raining treys at a decent clip lately.

Saying you the best 3 point shooter on the Pistons is like saying you have the highest intellect among the cast members of Jersey Shore.

Nemo likes this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's tied for 12th in the league in 3 point makes in the entire NBA and there aren't too many point guards on the list.

Curry, Foye, and Lillard are the only PGs that are ahead of him. Curry is the only one of those 3 that shoots a higher percentage and it is a very small difference.

There are only 4 shooting guards in the NBA that have made more 3's than BK and Mayo is the only one of them that shoots at a higher percentage.

So, when you are talking about 3-point shooting guards, you have Curry, Knight, and Mayo at the very top of the list right now. These are the guys that combine volume and efficiency best.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The reason I do not call Knight a shooting guard - he can hit an open 3 - but seldom can make a 3 with pressure on him. My observation is that Stuckey is a better bet to shoot a 3 with someone on him and the shot clock running down. Though Stuckey also is a much better long range shooter when left open.

Singler was doing pretty good. Then he had that eye injury and could not hardly hit any shot for several games. He seems to have that shot back these last 4 games or so. However, though he seems to be able to shoot straight - he really can't guard opposing shooting guards well. So lets try English - or Middleton.

And try Singler at starting small forward. Tay there is not part of our future.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Are we talking about the Rodney Stuckey who's career percentage from three is .281 and who's this season shooting .280? The guy who's specialized in bricking open 3s?

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey is a horrendous long range shooter with a .280 average from deep. There are 65 shooting guards with a better percentage in the NBA and 64 point guards with a better percentage (so Stuckey is the 130th best guard in the league in terms of 3-point percentage. Rondo shoots a higher percentage. He's also shooting an eFG of .343 late in the shot clock overall.

Knight is shooting an eFG% of .578 late in the shot clock.

I don't see any comparison.

Stuckey takes 62% of his shots from outside the paint with an eFG of .333. Maxiell is at .387 on jump shots for comparison. Monroe and Jerebko are the only 2 with a worse overall effective rate than Stuckey on the team on J's. At least they have the courtesy of not taking too many. Stuckey has exactly as many 3 point attempts as Singler this year and 1 more than Charlie V.

16. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Wonder if JD knew he was 130th at 3 point shooting percent when he gave him bags of cash.

17. roscoe36

I have had a vision of hell, and it is Austin Daye getting time in the 4th quarter of a blowout.

18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Quite a show by Teen Wolf tonight....31 points!

linwood likes this.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Double OT loss to the Hawks after scoring 39 points in the 4th qtr to tie it. Bynum led the crunch time comeback with 31 points, but could not get a potential game winner to roll in with about 3 seconds left in the first OT.

The bench scored 85 of the Pistons 119 points, so maybe a temporary shake up is needed with those same five guys>>Dre, Bynum, Stuckey, Daye and Charlie starting Friday's game vs the Heat...:bs:.....It's a thought, but we aren't playing the Wizards Friday, so that will never happen.

In the end, it was our bench vs their starters, and we almost pulled it off, but you could tell, some of our guys may have been a little winded in the OT.

In the meaningless stats department, we out rebounded them 62-47, but they racked up 35 assists to our 21.

jzchen and roscoe36 like this.
  20. roscoe36

Pretty impressed with how the Stones played in the 4th. They made it very interesting, and were one Drummond mistake guarding Horford from pulling out the win.