Away Atlanta Hawks Friday April 6 2012

Discussion in 'April 2012' started by roscoe36, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2012.
  1. Detroit

28.6%
  2. Atlanta

71.4%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:30 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

bump bump
  3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Ha, you call that a play? Lawrence Frank sticking with this lineup expecting anything different - :wedgie:
  4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

well, its nice to finally see the coach on board with tank mode. No more of this tryin to win crap...he isnt even trying to make it look like a effort. Hope the league doesnt see all the minutes Bynum got in this one.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You mean the Bynum that was 7 for 12, 15 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 blocked shot, and plus 13 in 26 minutes?
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

at the expense of Brandon Knight? yes and this plus minus crap is just that....crap. It doesnt tell what that individual does or account for anyone else on the floor. total crap stat.Bynum and Bengo are both wasted space and I couldnt care less about the numbers they put up. Gordon is a 1 trick pony with a broken trick, and Bynum is a undersized bad shot selection 2 guard that doesnt defend as well as he used to and seems to pick and choose when he'll try. This is the same guy that I used to love when he got his first try and went ballz to the wall every second he weas out there on both offense and defense. Now, he seems to have relaxed and I wish we could just give the minutes to daye and get some time for mack. I wondered why GM was pulled in favor of Ben last night and tonight BK was pulled for rarely used Bynum. Is it " bring your seniors to work week"? I thought the point of a youth movement was to play the young players?
  7. BillLaimbeer

Whether you like him or not, Bynum had a good game tonight. More often than not, Coach Frank holds guys accountable and rewards players that are doing well.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Did anybody watch this one on league pass? For some reason, I couldn't locate it and came to the conclusion that they just cut Det out of the LP rotation. Looks like I saved a few hours of my life.
  9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Bynum typically has statistically 'pretty' games. Doesn't mean he didn't try to make the game the Will Bynum show going 1 on 4 against a set defense. Doesn't mean Jeff Teague didn't leave him standing still like the human traffic cone he was all night on the way to the rim. For a defense-first coach, that needed to be priority 1a and 1b for Frank, but it apparently was less important than riding the so-called hot hand - only Brandon was 5 for 8 with 2 3s today. Greg was hot last night too. I've very rarely disagreed with this coach this year, but the last two games' rotations have been questionable at best. Both Monroe and Knight have gotten hooked pretty damn quick after defensive lapses, hell, even Stuckey has on occasion, but Bynum and Gordon are apparently exempt.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Per 36

Stat: BK/ WB
    Pts: 13.7/ 13.6
    Reb: 3.5/ 3.8
    Ast: 4.0/ 4.0

Yikes. Very similar.

The big difference is that WB's efficiency is in the toilet with his low shooting this year.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For those with League Pass outside Michigan, the game was blacked out on the Piston Fox Sports station and was broadcast on NBA TV. This was the only nationally televised game for the Pistons this season, (ESPN cancelled the one scheduled vs the Bucks next week). We had to sit though the Hawks announcers some guy and Dominique. They weren't as bad as some other homers.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The game was on NBA TV for me. I guess this was their one game in the "limelight".
  13. LA Dre

As far as the game was concerned, the Pistons had two big runs...a 14-4 one in the middle of the second qtr, only to see the Hawks come back close the 2nd qtr on 20-5 run as Jeff Teague was able to slice up the middle continually for either a score or he got the ball in the rim area where one the Hawks bigs was there to grab a rebound and put back.

The Pistons put together 17-3 run between the end of the 3rd and midway thru the 4th to go up 83-80....and then they died tanked. Nobody went to the hoop but Bynum and there was one slam dunk by Tay, but other than that they took jumpers and let Teague loose again. I guess the coach left Knight out because he was being beaten by Teague in the first half. Monroe was held to 8 and 8....its a shame that Tay and Stuckey would probably beat Monroe in an all Piston dunk contest...:cheeky-smiley-012:
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The Atlanta announcers were raving about how horrible the Pistons internal D was the whole game. In the second half they went from complaining to laughing at the defensive play by the Piston bigs. I think it was a good move by Frank to stick with the bench guards and give Wallace some run since starting guards couldn't stop Teague at all. As Bill wrote, he holds the players accountable for their game and I believe that helps the young guns more in the long run than a couple of extra minutes in a game where they are getting destroyed. Also, we managed to pull off the L anyway so all good.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  15. max

max All-Star

Its hard for me to criticize the team when they are giving maximum effort like this game. Watching them it's simply a lack of talent as to why they are not winning games like this.
    linwood and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

There definately is a chemistry element to it as well. Its really hard for a 'young team' to put it all together against veterans like the Hawks. Having players like Ben Gordon certainly doesn't help.

On a side note, Bynum's stats certainly look great but I don't like him on the court as much as Knight.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If Monroe were half as active on D as he is on offense, the Pistons would probably be a lot better.

He never stands around when the Pistons have the ball and is beastly going after the ball on the offensive glass. He is the total opposite on D.
  18. BillLaimbeer

Generally, if I had to split PG minutes up between the two guys, I would say 48 minutes to Knight and 0 minutes to Bynum. Last night, however, Bynum was doing less worse a job of stopping Teague than Knight.
  19. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This is the first game I have missed all season because I stupidly thought it was on Sat not Fri. I realized my mistake late, and tuned in in the middle of the fourth quarter, way too much will bynum for me, I can just barely hack him, couldn't figure out why he was staying out there so long, and where was George and Greg, and hey, we just might win, then no we didn't. I was waiting for Dominique to say something about his nephew, did he mention anything early?
  20. LA Dre

In the second quarter he mentioned after Damien had sat down that he had helped the Pistons with that run the allowed them to take the brief lead. I didn't hear him say much else about him afterwards as I was watching later on DVR tape, talking on the phone with sound down.