1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Atlanta At Detroit - March 20 7:30PM

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by max, Feb 26, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Atlanta on back to back game with OT last nite. They should be tired. No excuse to lose this game. Stop Joe Johnson. This guy has been hot lately.

Should take this game as a fine tuning game and get ready for Wednesday's game against the Heat.

DETROIT BASKETBALL.....DEFENSE!!!!

3. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This a win to clinch the division crown, nothing to jump for joy about, because they're bigger fish to fry like World Championships!

Atlanta will come out wanting to win so they will play hard but look for a double digit win Detroit 102 Atl 88.

(March 22 to April 12)

This stretch is upon us, and after tonights game with Atlanta(which should be a win and a clinch of the division)the true games of the season begins. I have been writing about this stretch for over a month now and this is what I will judge their season on.

This stretch will give good indication on where the players heads are at, and also how Flip will approach their biggest games of the year. 12 games and all but one are playoff contending teams(New Orleans are still in the picture even though I think they will not make it). Orlando is done as far as playoffs but they will play hard that night to beat the Pistons. The rest of the teams Milwuakee, Indy, Ceveland, Miami, New Jersey, Philly, Dallas, and PHX are all in the playoffs and these are the games to look for.

How they do will not affect what they are going to do in the playoffs, but it will either build what they have done this season or tear it done. SO get excited it is a run the players are well aware of, and the explaination of why the team has been in a dull since the All-Star break. GO PISTONS!!!!!!

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Absolutely great effort from the Pistons tonight. I loved the way that Sheed started the game tonight. He was in the POST 80% of the time. Sheed's insistence to play DOWNLOW, helped fuel the Pistons attack in the paint. I saw Tay aggressively attacking the rim, and Rip curling in the paint.

Sheed was a CATALYST tonight. His aggression was a motivation to his teammates. I loved seeing it. Great game for Sheed.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I am so piszzsissed! I cant beleive I had no idea we were playing tonight. :doh: But I saw the highlights on NBATV and we seemed to have 48 minutes of control. Sheed's and Tay's line looked good and I guess Evans played well. I amj very happy with the D cause Joe Johnson was on a roll. Great game...very oldskool!:laugh:

7. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

"Obviously, they are the champions again," Harrington said. "I'm a big fan of Detroit, so hopefully they win it again."

8. jzchen

Bro, that's why you need to come into the forum and update yourself..:laugh:

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

WOORRRRRRRRRRRDDDDD!!!!!!:frusty: Thats why u my bro!!:laugh: Something I thought of tonight...why do they include thre e-pt FG% with 2 pt FG%? It would make the Fg shooting title more interesting......................wouldnt it?

10. jzchen

Great 1st half. DETROIT DEFENSE, Sheed and Tay going inside. Rip on his curls. If we play like that against the Heat all game, no doubt a 'W'.

However, shots were not falling in the 2nd and DEFENSE not as tight as the 1st. No problem since we have build up a comfortable lead. Started jacking up 3s in the 4th again. Hope they don't have this tendency to do it again on Wed.

Is Delk's injury that bad and when will we see Cato?:noidea:

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Great job by Ben and Sheed to set the tone early. Also the rest of the guys picked up the slack with Delk out, Lindsday invisible, and Chauncey quiet. I just hope Tayshaun plays like that in the playoffs.

And I thought that Mo Evans played a great game. Delfino didn't score, but he also made some things happen.

Man I wish we had Al Harrington coming off the bench with McDyess. That would be crazy.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

So the rumors begin.

Al Harrington will sign with the Pistons for the MLE next year :nod:

:biggrin1:

13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

after being outscored in the paint and outrebounded again, I'm asking myself the question- when was the last time we didn't get at least not outrebouneded OR outscored in the paint?

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I saw ben making a huge effort to make this team play D. He lead a great defensive effort. In the first there was a stretch where the Atalanta Hawks got it blocked and stolen every possesion. The offense was great in the first half, but ugly in the second. I'm not worried about that though.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, definitely a better first half, though not all that bad a second. First time I have seen Foghorn actually making situational substitutions. In the first half he really seemed to be coaching.

Second half though he fell back into the "looks like five white shirts out there, what, me worry?" school. Guys got winded and efficiency dropped off.

But, you're not going to get back to the old way of playing overnight and this seemed like a pretty good first step to me. Time to build on it and get this team firing on all cylinders come the second season.

P.S. Interesting quote from Foghorn last night on the telecast (League Pass picked up the Detroit feed) - something like "remember, it's not the end of the season. We have more like 40 more to play. So we still need to watch minutes." Guess that's why the starters played most of the second - 38 for CB and RW, then 36, 33, and 30. Of course, the Hawks had three guys well over 40.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

ben wallace was a monster the last minutes of the first quarter. he took the game over by himself and it had nothing to do with his offense.

great team effort tonight and an excellent 1st half that allowed them to more or less coast the rest of the way.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is there any player out there who can elevate his game more with pure effort than Ben Wallace? If he is coasting, he is terrible and if he is pumped, then he is probably one of the 10 best in the league. It's like David Banner vs the Incredible Hulk.