1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Washington Wizards March 28th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Washington Wizards March 28th, 7:00 PM
    TV - FS Detroit, NBALP
    Radio WDFN 1130

Rumor has it that Gilbert Arenas may play in this game. The Wiz have some talented youngens that could match the Pistons youth.

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Gilbert who?

3. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am going to the game Saturday night at the Verizon Center. Just got the tickets last night off of EBay. Nice seats too. I am envious of you guys that live in the Detroit area and get to go to the games all the time. Never miss a game tho, have had the NBA ticket since it first became available. Going broke tho because I also get the NFL ticket (Philadelphia Eagle fan living in Redskin territory) Anyway sorry for rambling, really enjoy coming on this forum and hearing all you have to say, I do not know a single Pistons fan besides me so you guys are quite important. Have loved this team for such a long time ........

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Happy to have you here Susie (who is not a girl!).

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A boy named Susie? That would be a good song.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

How about:

Im not a girlllll...not yet a woman..._ Brittney Spears

7. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Oh wow, another predictable game. We lead most of the way and somehow lose!! LOL, no jus kidding.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

This is all I got...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

A dent in the tanking theory;

Richard Hamilton will play against Washington; Rasheed Wallace, Allen Iverson questionable - Detroit Pistons Basketball: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com
    I better see Sheed on the bench again (if he's not playing)

More good (or bad) news depending our your perspective;
    Pistons.com

10. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

11. roscoe36

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Nothing will demonstrate Amir's defensive impace as clearly as the play before he got taken out where he trapped at the top of the key and recovered vs. the next possession when he was taken out and the same strategy resulted in Nick Young embarrassing the team with the pair of slow on slow (Dyess vs. Hermann). One is barely ok, two together is that.

13. roscoe36

Chat is closed for the night.

14. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Hahaha wow Rip was firing that game.. I guess he figured AI and Sheed are about to be back so he might as well get as many shots as he can.

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This game has re-enforced/shown 5 things;

Curry dislikes Amir and will never play him when it matters

He will play Dice 40+ min until he's dead or the season's over whichever comes first

He also has no clue what a good defensive big pair looks like or how to follow a rotation that was successful in the 1st half

Tayshaun is going to have a nervous breakdown

Every win will be uneccessarily harder b/c of these stupid moves

--------------

Do we really want to make the PO's? And is anyone else scared of a possible Sheed-less Pistons next year? Don't get me wrong i'm thrilled we finally won, but that CLE series if it's where we end up has the potential to be really ugly.

16. max

max All-Star

I liked that game. Really needed that win. Nice controbutions from everyone who played. Kwame and Dyess both had double digit rebounding nights. Kwame with the big steal near the end. Maxiel played some great D. And a great night from the backcourt as Rip is working on getting his shot back. Stucky had a decent game with 13 points and 6 assists.

Thing to really start working on are all the turnovers.

Almost lost with that intentional foul at the end. Thats why I don't like that play. Just play close and let them take the 3. Try to foul and you get what we almost saw - Kwame was lucky he was not called for the foul. He did not foul him but you know how the refs can be whenever a player falls down while attempting a shot. And then Butler almost tied it after that.

17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Good god Rip, 29 shots? I saw very little of this game, but I am really getting sick and tired of this guy chucking up 25+ shots per game... He was doing the same thing before going down with the groin injury.

Why didn't Tay and Stuck (who were far more efficient scoring the basketball) get more than 22 shots?

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We managed to beat a very poor team. Their star returned tonight, but he was shaking off some major rust and shot horridly. Probably helped us more than anything.

We returned a guy ourselves, Rip. Rip shot poorly, did par for a volume shooter though when you add in the free throws he made. (30 points, 4 triples made, but 29 shots)

Sheed apparently will start playing again next game, and AI very soon after that.

Kwame and Dyess each had decent games, clearing the boards - but as a pair, they are pretty horrible on interior defense. Washington gave us zero respect to start the game, and basically claimed the basket area as their own. And nobody disputed the claim.

Amir and JMAX were used as a power forward / center pair extensively in the 2nd quarter, and held their own. So if these two could hold their own, how in the heck do you need two centers in the game at the same time. You don't.

Herrmann did hit a couple of threes. And he did do some good, giving Tay a long rest in the 2nd quarter. But no, no way I would let the guy play. Too slow. Too slow for every phase of the game. Lets look at one particular play tonight. JMAX shoots the ball. Herrmann has already released back to defend in transition. JMAX, after shooting a short jumper, gets back and almost blocks their fast break attempt. Where is Herrmann? Herrmann never got anywhere near the play. Now, JMAX is quite a heavy guy. If JMAX can be down there at the basket that quick, you would think that a guy playing small forward for us could also at least be in the general vicinity of the play. Sorry, no way I play this guy a minute in the NBA.

Tay hit some shots.

Bynum made some nice drives in first half.

Afflalo just played some D, made a pair of free throws.

Stuckey had a decent scoring first half. (Note, we scored 60 in the first half, just 38 in the 2nd.)

Though the coaches noted that we were playing to Washington's strength at half time, guess what we did to open the 2nd half. We ran with them. We took shots with half a second or so off the clock. We did not one thing to slow the game down. Yeah, we managed to keep up with them for a bit, but we ran out of gas. We did finally get our act together on the pace thing at the end of the game.

Kwame was in foul trouble kind of early. But the rest of the starters were not in foul trouble, so you got to credit Curry for leaving his bench in extensively in the 2nd quarter. Good to see him to something right for a change.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Any win is a good win Piston fans.

Much, much better game from Stuckey tonight. He was way more decisive than he been in a while and took the ball and got up the court.

Shaky ball handling from Bynum to say the least.

Tay played some of his most stifling one on one D in recent memory.

Nice 2nd quarter stretch from Bynum, AA, Max, Herrrman and whoever else was out there.

Rip in his 1st game back with 16 plus minutes or so to start the game.

I thought Curry did a nice job of resting Rip & Tay before the stretch run.

Herrrrman made a lot of nice plays and did a good job on Butler and Jamison defensively. Dyess also did a solid job on Jamison blocking him numerous times.

Good North/South game from AA.

Do the people who are criticizing Rip's shot count think he should not have shot all those open 3's in the 3rd?

Let's hope they get the one tomorrow night.

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The other guy was Amir.