At Washington Wizards Dec. 9th 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 4, 2008.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

MC has to get off of Fabios jock, this guy is a situational player at best. Jud beushler?
    If we are gonna be competative we need D and rebounding. small ball accomplishes neither
  2. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

played none of our bodies...wow....After the game that Kwame had against the Wizards last month. MC needs to come up with a solid game plan STAT. I really think he is the issue. Making rookie mistakes...I'm not saying fire him, but some of these moves are stunning. Hopefully he is just getting some bright ideas out of his system and will tighten things up soon...
  3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

It really doesn't matter at this stage of the game...they foul out before they get their warmups off
  4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

you know..I can't really say we lost to WSH because they were taller than us.

..I don't quite think that sums it up
  5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Iverson has no role here. and its not his fault. Everyone got theirs but him, and when he gets his, others suffer. Unless you bench him this wont change. Why not see what he does on the 2nd unit? You have to built a group of guys around him, you don't just plug him into an established system.

if you simply look at a stat line it doesnt look too bad for the starters on offense. Rasheed was the only starter with a +.

Bench amounted to nothing. McDyess amounted to -22, but he's been sitting for a month. Maxiell, Kwame, and Amir never got up off the bench.

Juan Dixon had an astonishing +33.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

coaching loss. sheed only 26 minutes even though he was +12 and 8/11 from the floor. hermann 12 minutes, amir and jmax 0 minutes. we shot 51% and lost by 13? 31 to 14 FT advantage. juan dixon +33.

starting lineup started off well...but just because you start off small does not mean you have to go small the entire game. washington had 10 offensive boards.

i don't know how curry thought herrmann had been playing well, but you cannot tell me he deserves time over jmax and amir.
  7. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

We are just lost, everyone. Defensively we are porous and when a team steps up their defensive intensity we go one on one. We have a ton of talent, but no system and certainly no identity. I cant remember the last time we lost 3 in a row. Good news is we still have time to get better. That is the only good news I can think of right now. Im so depressed right now, lmao.
  8. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Let's all send Curry-bashing e-mail to Langlois' mailbag.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That is two blown leads in the last three games and one not prepared Sunday blowout. The Wiz had won 3 games all year and were at the bottom of the eastern conference.

For Curry to totally replace Amir, Max and Kwame with Dice and play Prince the whole second half makes no sense at all.

their bench outscored our bench 59-15!!!!!! A little athleticism from Amir and Max could have slowed their bench somewhat.

Not only did Tay play the whole second half, but MC nearly played the starting unit 10 and half minutes of the third when clearly somebody's everybody's legs were tired, evidenced by all the jumpers. The young fresh wiz were hitting from the inside and out and we were throwing up bricks.

This is not just about AI now...( I think he wants to be traded). ;) This is about the coach not knowing wtf to do. :doh:
  10. The Palace Artest

"If Joe Dumars thought that hiring Curry was a mistake, then he would have never hired him."

-Langlois
  11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Herrmann over Max and Amir? Really Curry? :gaah::ill: The team looks so lost out there - and it starts at the top. Curry doesn't look like he knows wtf to do now. His lineups suck, and his rotation? Don't even get me started. Herrmann played well? In an alternate reality maybe. Seems like an excuse to not play his bigs to me. Absolutely disgusting. :gun1::brick::lame::angrysoapbox:
  12. The Palace Artest

keep in mind that we had a good shooting night too.

this was a GOOD shooting night, people.

I'm already sick of the Iverson Show. He's trying hard to make it work and fit in, but he's one of those good players that makes his team worse (with the exception of one year, playing in one of the worse EC's of all time). Like Zach Randolph in Portland, Corey Maggette for wherever he goes, etc.

Incompatible is the right word.
  13. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Time to throw somebody under the bus.
    Let's borrow this bus from the Montana HOOD.
    So whose it going to be....:D

[​IMG]
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Did not watch the game. I came home and saw this score...All I can is that this team sucks. There is no more grieving by the players. The excuse of bonding/practice time is not valid anymore either. This team just sucks right now. I will still support this team, but we are playing beyond terrible right now.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't know if your joking, but i hope you are (at least semi) :twitch:

I have so many more comments about the game,etc, but it's just not worth it. This was the worst-case scenario in my mind when the trade happened, but our problems go way beyond that now. It's like Curry fell on his head, and became a bad bootleg version of Mike D'antoni.

I wonder could we really trade AI's expiring for something right now ?
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i think we need to change your name to The Grieving lpgrl :)

i really don't think the personnel is the problem
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think we might have to. :pout:

I still believe that AI is a very large part of the problem, but i think it can be made alot better by just benching him and playing him with the 2nd unit. I'm more stunned by the rotations/line-ups right now. You're right. This was the definition of a coaching loss.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No. I thought about that during the game. I doubt we would get anything remotely as good as Chauncey back. Right now, that trade was strictly for cap room, and Joe got fleeced.

What's disappointing, but predictable for me, is that the fans are taking it worse than the players.

We weren't as good as we think we were the last 3 years. Not even remotely close. To listen to people complain about losing a game on the road, against bums, in December, I dunno...

Maybe I have been a fan too long, but this stuff doesn't phase me so much. I don't expect to win every night. You could say, I am realistic, and the people who make a big deal out of every loss are the disappointed optimists.

For people who have only been fans for the last 7 or 8 years, this might be new to you. But this franchise has had a lot more losing seasons than winning ones. It makes you appreciate the winning ones that much more. I'm privileged now as an old man to have a long view, not as long as HQ, AG and Dre, but this is a fairly adult forum. Some of us can remember all of the championship seasons clearly.

We're going through a transition. This season might be a write off.

So let's keep it real. The sun don't shine on the same dog's ass all day.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Problem is AI is not worse than Chauncey. This is what is making this so frustrating. To go from a contender to a below .500 team is ridiculous. I don't care if there is a period of uncertainty because the players have not practiced enough because this team has the ability to win majority of their games by their skill and experience alone.

We were 4-0 with Chauncey and 7-9 with AI. AI is better than Chauncey though. The argument that Chauncey was the PG for 6 years and was the glue to the team is very reasonable, but he was not such a big piece where the team crumbles if he is not there anymore. This is very confusing and frustrating to see.
  20. The Palace Artest

It's happened twice now where his old team took off once he was traded for "lesser" talent and his new team more less turned into a mediocre one. It's pretty black and white what the deal with Iverson is now.

He's the stereotype of a professional athlete so caught up in his image and his own game that he can't contribute on a serious contender. I seriously think the marketing value of his street ball image and how much money that's generated for him is more important to him than anything and there's no evidence to prove otherwise.

Do I think that he wanted it to be this way? No. But its kinda becoming a reoccurring theme.

It doesn't matter that he's a better individual player that Chauncey. Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone were better individuals than our guys.