At Washington Oct. 10th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'October 2008' started by Dlev59, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Washington Oct. 10th, 7:00 PM

WDFN 1130 (ONLY)

The Pistons travel to DC and try to remain undefeated this preseason against the injury strapped Wiz.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Please use the game thread for discussion. I get ZERO AM reception at my new digs. :(

:gun1: :MusicBigGrin:

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I can't wait to listen to Amir's intangibles.

4. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Amir early is putting in work. I really like the fact that he's playing great defensive and doing his "garbage work" as he put it. He got a putback and a caused a forced turnover for the Pistons.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Can't get WDFN to stream now.

6. Pistons Lover

Do you have an account with NBA.com? You can listen to the game on there. Cause I'm listening to that because my radio is broking.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

For some reason I can't get the NBA one to work. WDFN plays the commercial at the beginning, then cuts out. That one worked for me on the other games.

Oh well.

8. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Poor Kwame - Wiz fans still hate him. :pound:

9. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

I'm in D.C. and so far none of the pre-season games for the Wizard are playing on tv. I was hoping to see the Pistons playing. :gun1:

10. Pistons Lover

Darn :gaah: things never work right when you want them too

11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Where are you in DC?

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

DHoward just put up an enormous half against the Russian team. 9-10 from the floor.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

On the bright side Amir with 0 fouls! On the down side, why are the starters playing so many min?

14. Pistons Lover

My notes from the game

·Shot 41.8 % field goals, 23% 3pt field goals, and 57.3% from the strike (1st half)(free throws for those who don’t know Blaha lingo)
    ·Amir did some “garbage work” in the first quarter
    ·Wizards’ fans still hate Kwame
    ·Rasheed & Rip contributed to the game early
    ·Rodney, Will, Max, and Arron clicked together in the second quarter
    ·Arron being quite aggressive in the 2nd quarter
    ·Will didn’t bring the ball up slow like he did vs. Milwaukee
    ·Walter Sharpe & Cheikh Samb got some P.T.
    ·Pistons scored a horrible 15 points in the 2nd quarter; 23 in the 1st
    ·6 steals
    ·Amir must get stronger
    ·Amir made many mistakes in the 2nd half
    ·Kwame tried to show off for the crowd; missed shots
    ·Shot 39.7 % field goals, 16.7% 3pt field goals, and 69.2% from the strike (2nd half)
    ·Scored 19 points in the 3rd
    ·Turnovers: 16
    ·Fast Break Pts: 14
    ·Biggest Lead: 18
    ·PITP: 20
    ·Didn’t allow any Wizard to have double figures
    ·Alex Acker played well
    ·Played good defense (but the Wiz shot horrible)
    ·Top Men: Rasheed 12 pts, Chauncey 10 pts, Kwame 9 pts, and Will 6 pts
    ·Walter Herrmann the only player that DNP
    ·Final 72-62

AMIR NO FOULS!!!!!!! :jaw:

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Could not get the game on the radio. Other stations were crowding it out. WFDN link did not work. Finally listened on nba.com after I went thru a ton of screens to get "reregistered". Don't know why, but they did not accept my password until like the 7th try. Anyway, this was the 4th quarter when I finally got to listen in. I heard a bit here, a bit there, before that as once in a while the station would come in.

Washington only scored 62 points. This was a combination of them turning the ball over 24 times, and them shooting around 33% for the game when they did get to shoot the ball. All for now, except Kwame had a fine game, and we got way ahead soon after he entered the game midway thru the 3rd.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Defense!

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Blaha lingo...'stripe'

18. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Correct. As opposed to "strike".

19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Game Observations from last night's Wizards/Pistons game.

I arrived at the game about 5 minutes before tipoff due to Washington D.C.'s horrific traffic problem. This resulted in missing some great photo ops because I had great seats in row 1 right next to the pistons bench and my camera desperately needed charging. However, I will somehow find the best ones and email to Roscoe.

For the most part, it wasn't one of the best pistons pre-season games not one of the worst.

Amir - I love this guy and all night he fought for loose balls, had a Rodmanesque tendeny to keep the ball alive even though it seems impossible to do so, and he didn't pick up any fouls. Now for the negatives, all game, he was easily being pushed off the block by Eton Thomas or Andre Blatche, his ability to finish is rather weak, the athleticism is definitely there, but he defintely has a VERY hard time finishing in the paint, not putting the ball down with authority and allowing the more athletic power forwards to bully him in the paint may be a detriment unless Curry can give him a crash course in paint etiquette. Loved his hustle though. Great seats and angle to see the pros and cons here.

Kwame - Boy did this guy get booed everytime he ouched the ball. Kwame played a pretty decent game, rebounding, holding his position in the blocks, spacing and rebounding (without fouling). My only issue with Kwame is the same as Amir's, not finishing while right under the basket, rebounding for putbacks with the little weak throwdowns.

Rasheed - Played great last night, not only his playmaking ability, but his mentorship to the younger players (big men) was on display last night whether he was in the game or not. He is definitely taking a bigger role in the development of the younger guys. One glaring difference for Rasheed this year is the jawing with refs, very toned down this year. Was the leading scorer as all the starters played almost all of the 1st and 3rd quarters.

CBill - Was CBill, the guy has lost weight and it is very apparent particular in the glut area. With this weight loss, he seems to be quicker as a result. His shot was on last night, but the ball is not in his hands as much as in the past, no turnovers.

Rip - Man, being that close to the action, I was just amazed with the pick and pops and the sweet curl action, especially when you are close enough to hear every bounce of the ball. Rip was Rip, not losing a step, still has that sweet curl, and definetly handles the ball more in Curry's system. Didn't play the SF position at all last night unfortunately, I wanted to see how he matched up with Caron Butler.

Tayshaun- Tay was Tay, his shot was off last night, got some good rebounds, other than that nothing in particular stands out.

JMax - Curry had JMax playing small forward for the majority of his minutes. I didn't particular care for this because when Caron was in there, JMax was getting beat like he stole something. I DO NOT care for him playing the SF Position period, he does not have the foot speed to keep up with the quick SF's in the league and he will get burnt. When he moved back to the PF position, he did better, he has lost weight and both of his attempts to power the ball in the bucket with JMax authority he missed both.

Stucky - I just love this guy, he plays with reckless abandon and has no fear in taking the ball to the hoop and looks so comfortable in running the offense, he did have one turnover for an over and back. Looks like at times he tried to do to much with the ball but this will get better in time. His defense was very good.

Affalo - Didn't play in the first half, don't know why. Afflalo is a game changer and a pest on defense, he knocked down his few shot attempts and changed the pace of the game, trapping i.e.

Sharpe - Athletic, wiry who needs to pick up a little weight. Picked two fouls in two minutes.

MY GAME BALL goes to Will Bynum. This guy does not need to spend a lot of time on the bench and needs to be firmly placed in the rotation.
    He is very short, can't be no taller than 5'9 or squeezing 5'10, if he is listed as anything taller than this, somebody is lying. He was standing next to Cbill and Stucky and they were towering over him. The guy is a defensive menace, he has no fear and all of his shots and shot attempts were in the paint. He caused turnovers, and just pestered the wizards offense the entire time he was in. When Eddie Jordan of the Wizards went to their quick defensive team, Curry countered by going to his using Bynum, Stucky and Rip. This unit caused havoc. Will Bynum is a player folks.

Alex Acker - he surprised me with his game, a very sweet jumper and is very quick, I was impressed with his game.

Some lineups that Curry used I did not care for, however, when he went small to counter the Wizards, Curry countered, but I just don't like JMax playing SF.

Hope you all liked the Recap.

20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I rewatched the tape and I can tell you this much:

If you total up all the possessions...you will see that there are far more times where Jmax did not get beat than other times in the game when he did.

Some of those times when Jmax did not get beaten, like when he was on the bench, or when he was not even guarding the guy that scored, should count.

Heck, If you tally up all of the times from all of the games last night you will easily see that JMax did not really get beat at all.

He's the best.

Especially at Small Forward.

......:yukpuke:

Okay...better now. :thumb:

I had a hard time keeping that one down.