At Washington Jan. 2nd, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2008' started by Dlev59, Jan 1, 2008.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Herrmann was trying to score at the end of the Bucks blowout, too. I think he is too used to being on the other end of the blowout when it is okay to launch shots at the buzzer.

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Very enjoyable win tonight. Thisn team has a lot of my personality in it. I love ROAD GAMES!! It's nothing like hearing Piston fans ROAR when we score and the home fans moan. I didn't get home til the end of the 2nd quarter, but here are my highlights:

MAX's dunk at the buzzer. It was so hard it wasn't ven funny. It was like watching George Kennedy in Cool Hand Luke or watching Apocalypse Now twice in a row!! JUST HARD!!!

JAHvis' pull up threepointer off a cross court pass by 25 cent and Wiz calls timeout. I yelled 3 as the pass was goin towards him. Reminded me of my days at EMU and Belle Isle.

Chauncey smilin like a chesire cat after one of his 3's. U knew then the game was over.

Rip is on A ROLL!!I think that elbow had to be hurting him before this hot streak. Is there another 2 guard in the East palying better than him?

Dyess' baseline J. I dont know, it just seemed to stop some Wiz momentum and made the Wiz announcers seem like there is no one we can defend. Also, after Sheed's 3 from the left shoulder was, pretty.

Amir had another windmill dunk off a pass by White Almonds. I had just yelled "finish em!!" to my woman. And 2-5 did!

This team is starting to remind me of how the 72-10 Bulls played. Even though Air was 33PPG, that was the best role playing team ever. They didn't just win, they HUMILIATED you. I see things.

Stop worrying about more palying time for the Zoo. Its coming. But be PROUD of your starters, because they never played better. This bench is on par with Dallas and San antone..and thats the only teams we have to worry about...

...I mean, Miami lost tonight to Milwaukee for pete's sake, and the Wiz beat Miami by 22.

I like this team!:djparty:

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Solid. Kudos for Flip giving AA some mins in the 2nd half with the game on the line. I think he realizes that he absolutely can not DNP-AA. For AA you gotta appreciate that belief that the coach has in you. I mean realistically mins are hard to get on this team. Sure we want to see AJ, Herrmann, and AA play more but in reality who are you going to sit?? This team is playing AMAZING ball at every position, when you see bench guys come up it's because somebody ahead of them is not doing their job, we don't have that problem here. MAN!!!!!

Props to CB, gotta feel as if he really wants to integrate Stuck very badly. I think he's URGING the staff to leave Stuck in the game. Folk must realize the sacrifices the WHOLE team is making for Rodney's development, including AA, but we all know that when his game gets going, this team will be utterly UNBEATABLE.

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

To my boy Du4ever:

LOLx4!!!:pound::pound::pound:on the MVP of Final 4 line. At the time, I thought Rip was the best 'shooter' I saw since Glen Rice, Shawn respert and Steve Alford. Way to get em......I really miss living in Houston. I had more fun at that game being 'the Road guy' than any game I ever atched at the Palace. I'd give anything for the Pistons to play downtown again.

Good DuCap!! Did u go by Walmart?:pound:

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They said during the Bucks telecast that last week Flip told CB to go into the game and Billups told him to let Stuckey stay out there a little longer. It's fun watching this team click.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On the Jumbotron in Cleveland, the Cavs put up pictures of the Wolverines or the M logo to get the fans to boo when the other team is shooting free throws.

Thanks for hangin out at the arena and providing a first hand review of the game. Next time you, ArmyGirl and Dlev can hang for the rematch

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Also gotta show Jayes some love. When that J is falling for him, we cant be beat. Often when he comes in the game we have a lead, and when his J is droppin'...that lead gets extrended very quickly. Jayes has the ability to come into a game and force a time-out......his alter ego, Arvis...well that's another story for another time/anotherplace.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

My flight from the ATL was delayed so I wasn`t able to catch any of the game. D4E, Armygirl, I tuned in to Sportstalk 980 and caught the postgame show. Boy, those bandwagon cats are starting to circle the wagon! They were giving the Pistons much props.

I will definitely attend the March game at the phone booth. We must hook up.......

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Actually I live only a couple of minutes away from one, but I had to go straight from work to the game tonight. :sssh: :laugh: But never fear, if we get the PF.com cheering section for the next game in DC, there'll definitely be some photographic evidence!

10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great recaps everyone! I missed the game but really enjoyed reading everyone's take on it.

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It dawned on me during this game how little zone DET has been playing lately.

I loved how Maxey walked straight at Haywood when he started yapping after Max raked him across the face.

The flagrant call Hayes got was D Wade level bad. I like how Hayes rebounds, hustles and has a knack for loose balls. He got tuned up by Butler, but Tay was too at times.

Flip has gotten a lot better, a lot more consistent with his rotations, but I still think he (or someone) can get more out of them.

This won't be popular, but I can't be the only one not feeling this Stuckey as PG thing, can I? I am not saying he can't play, he can. I just am not sure it's the point? He picks up his dribble way to early and both Murray and Hunter are better ball handlers. There is a ways to go, but a good team would to do him what DET did to Eddie House a few weeks back. Maybe he just needs to play more. I don't know how people can get so bent out of shape about Murray and Hunter not being points and then speak so glowingly of Hot Rod. I guess it pays to be young.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Stuckey was great as a PG in the first half. He was getting into the lane at will, and dishing for open shots or FTs time after time. The proof is in the fact that the Pistons were down when he came in, and went on a 10-0 run almost immediately. Then, in the second half, Flip had him bringing up the ball and tossing over to Rip, so he could go one-on-one. He wasn't really involved at all in the actual play unless it was the last few seconds of the shot clock. That's when it started looking bad.

I don't know if they were trying to get Rip a triple double or what, but it made the offense very sloppy.

13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

It is such a personal thing. No fan ever looks at a player on their favorite teams objectively.

There are still some here who would never have traded Stackhouse for Rip.

Keep :stirthepot: with Stuckey. It will be fun watching it all unfold.

:hoops:

14. max

max All-Star

Thats a trend that I would like to see reversed. These guys need to be taught how to win graciously.

Anyway, the Pistons were pretty much in control from mid 2nd quarter onward. Nice use of the bench except for getting that 4th big ready for the post-season.

Is Maxiel becomming a great player before our eyes or what?

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I swear I am not against Hot Rod. I suppose keeping CB off the floor during the year is what really counts and they have been able to do that.

16. buddahfan

The offense is already a lot more fluid with Stuckey at the point than it was with either Hunter or Murray.

With respect to defense, Stuckey is somewhere between Hunter and Murray, but that is to be expected for a guy who was a big time scorer for division two school.

In addition he has only 7 games and all of 110 minutes under his NBA belt and he is playing a good deal of minutes against starters and bench rotation guys with lots of NBA experience.

His defense will come up to snuff. In case anyone forgets, Maxey's defense was pretty bad in his rookie year.

17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That no look pass from Rip to Dice in traffic was 'Magic' like.

The put back slam from JMax from Prince's 'clang' 3 pointer was 'WOW'.

The dunk from Sheed after he got the 'T' is what we need to see more.

This 10-0 run is simply BRILLIANT!!!

nuff said...

18. buddahfan

If it gets to over 15 then I will be a little impressed
    If it gets to over 20 then I will be impressed
    If it gets to over 25 then I will be very impressed
    If it gets to over 30 I will be bouncing off the ceiling without any chemical supplements. LOL

19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

how about if they don't lose again the rest of the season (including playoffs?)

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

actually ernie i kind of feel the opposite - i see stuckey more as a PG than anything else, because i think he's most effective with the ball in his hands. just look at the difference between afflalo and stuckey:

afflalo is more of a true shooting guard, as he has a better mid-range shot and moves superbly without the ball and makes excellent cuts. i haven't seen that from stuckey yet.

stuckey is much better at getting in the lane, where he can either take it himself or pass off for an assist. just watching the past few games, he's created so many opportunities for himself and others, and all have been a result of what he's been doing with the ball.

either way, we went on a 10-0 run when he entered the game in the 2nd quarter, and an 8-0 run when he entered the game in the 4th quarter, and that's very encouraging. he may not be a better man defender than afflalo, but he has a knack for getting steals and getting his hands on a lot of loose balls, which is making up for it. he has flip's ability to steal, but is already a much better defender.