at Utah Jazz Saturday November 21 9:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I knew somebody would go there, I walked clean into that one!

3. roscoe36

:rofl: :pound:

4. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

I agree, I think the lack of assists and the one-on-one, drive-into-the-paint-til-you-get-to-the-hoop game is due to the lack of a dependable big man down low.

CV can match Sheed's production and more, but he doesn't have the post game that Sheed was rumored to have so he doesn't command the same attention.

This was the first game of the Pistons that I saw this season or at least the 1st half and I realize that our guards work harder than our bigs. Jerebko looked lost at times but will be ok. Daye played too little.

As painful it is to watch the Pistons lose and fall to last in the Central, I still believe.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You probably can't find 2 teams that play any different on offense than Utah and the Pistons. One is all about the extra pass and the other is about the extra dribble.

Utah's announcers (one was a former NBA teammate of Kuester's) were very complimentary of the Pistons calling it Utah's hardest fought win of the year.

They also noted how Det is zoning up the strong side of the floor on D which was making it tough to drive.

I was shocked when they said Stuckey was 7-17 with a few minutes to go in the game. I hadn't noticed him shooting that much. The sad part is most of his misses were probably layups.

Deron Williams looks like he'd rather jump off the top of the arena in the first 3 quarters than look for his own shot. I can't see that happening for the new #3 anytime soon.

I am surprised anytime Gordon misses. He could shoot 75 times a game and it wouldn't bother me. He is a bargain.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think this is how most teams score in the paint.

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed.

Agreed. We used to make a big deal about our bigs not posting up in the paint and getting points there, and we would always point to the PIP discrepancy as evidence that we needed to do that more, but in reality I think most teams that have a lot of PIP get them from driving guard play. We actually have a few guards now that can do that. It's fun, but the team is a bit out of balance in this area and I think there is some room for improvement.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I disagree. Utah is tough and sets a ton of back picks, the physical nature of the Jazz is not a good matchup for Daye right now.

Tell me about it, I think he's being too unselfish, I wish he'd command a few more shots.

Oddly I have a similiar feeling about Austin Daye, that kid has a sweet looking jumper, in 2 years and 30 pounds dude is going to be nice. I think he has whatit takes to be better than Rashard Lewis, but not quite as good as Kevin Durant; I see him becoming everything we kept hoping Tay would become, an 18ppg/8-9rpg type of player.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Picking up someone, your man or not, is a lot better than picking up nobody. We were not giving up fast break points with Wilcox in. Go look at some tape where Kwame is in there and find where we do not.

10. roscoe36

I'm really happy with how Joe made out in free agency. Gordon is sublime. I catch myself watching him and Bynum to the exclusion of everyone else.

11. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

We Lost 100 - 97 ..

I'm just saying because I red a few who said that we Lost 100-99..

The last play that we got yesterday was a very bad one, Kuester dissapointed me a little with that play..

Ben Gordon shooting a 3 point in off-balance and agiainst Ronnie Brewer, a good defensive player.

It's not what I expected from a good "Offensive Coach" like Kuester..

I'm sad.

12. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

It's hard to draw up a play in a situation like that, Gordon was the only option for a 3 point shot. He got a decent look i thought , game was lost when Bynum missed/got a foul not called on the play before AK47 FTs.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

He is batting .500 to me or maybe .650. Villaneuava looks like he could be the featured speaker at the Amir Johnson Hoops IQ Summit.

(I know they're not paying him 13 mil a year or anything........)

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yes we did, I'm positive about it. You know why, cause we when he did it, I actually thougt about what YOU were going to say about it. and when he got back he got back with his back turned to defense too. Please don't sugarcoat it, it is what it is.

15. max

max All-Star

Very tough game. I believe the game was lost when the Piston had butter hands mid-way through the 4th. Utah was floundering and ready to break but the Pistons could not take care of the ball and Utah was able to re-group. They probably could have padded up an 6-8 pt lead going into crunch time.

Going into overtime on the road with not exactly the NBA's best officiating crew can lead to the result that we all saw.

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep Stuckey missed two easy layups putting the ball up to hard on one of them. The problem is with him running a fast break he thinks shoot first and... pass third...

With the bigs shooting a crisp 6-9, he's got to look for them and they got to be open or in position to receive a pass.