at Utah Jazz Saturday November 21 9:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Utah Jazz

Saturday November 21

9:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit Plus

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 950 WWJ
  2. dp21

dp21 First Round Draft Pick

3. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Pistons last win in Utah:80-78 on November the 16th, 2002.

'Nuff said.
  4. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

This is our time to shine. We're finally breaking the Utah losing streak tomorrow.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I believe.

Which is why I'm not going. The only time I was at a Pistons game in SLC, we lost. You can thank me later.
  6. max

max All-Star

I think we will win this one. Team got some much needed rest so they should be a lot fresher to start.

Pistons 98 Utah 91
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Boozer vs Charlie V... interesting
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons by 20.

But with three Jazz players on my fantasy team, I'm hoping for a 148-128 final score.
  9. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well I got my "Solution Suggested" email back from the Trouble Ticket department at Nba.com to get my Broadband Companion working. It said wait 3-5 business days to try to access my subscription again and I have obediently waited. I am about to see if I can successfully access the game today. Drum roll.....If I can't I am going to eat a very large brunch right now and go back to sleep. I absolutely hate missing Pistons games. If I were a soldier, they should put it at the top of my file for ways to torture me if I were captured or something. I really really hate knowing the Detroit Pistons are playing basketball and I can't see them play. This thing better work. GO PISTONS!!!!! BEAT UTAH!!! (but go Memo and Deron, but no W, Ok?)

10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

It didn't work. I'm sure some of you having the same problems aren't surprised. I'm depressed. I'm going to sleep. I've now missed four Pistons games. That hasn't happened in four years. I hate it. That'll teach me to go dogsitting on the road. From now on, people have to bring their dogs to me in the sports media room in Sacramento. Peace out.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

12. coynejeremy

Our guys are WARRIORS!!!!!!!

Our game is based off of dribble penetration by our guards. The Utah announcers repeatedly praised our guard group.

With that said, I saw so many plays earlier on where I had to slap my forehead in disbelief. A lot of bad passes, and inability to hang on to the ball. I think this kind of thing comes with a young and inexperienced team like we have now. We're getting better, we're playing TOUGH defense and rebounding well for the most part. This was the first game this season that I saw almost all of, and I can easily say - I like this group.

And the referees are incompetent. Not biased, just incompetent. They stink. And I am a person that respects the difficulty of calling a professional basketball game.

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another tough loss by the pistons as they take the jazz into OT and fall to the jazz 100-99.

To many turnovers in the fourth qtr as both Bynum and Stuckey had 4 a piece for the game. I think announcer at one point said we had 6 TOs' on the last 7 possessions. Once again it looked like we had a lot of one-on-one ball as we had 15 TO's and 15 assists. The last Piston assist was by Ben Wallace with 4:07 left in the game when he passed out to Villanueva for the 3 ptr that gave the Pistons an 82-81 lead. We had no assists after that for the rest regulation or overtime.

Meanwhile, Deron Williams had 1 assist at halftime and 10 in the second half and OT as he repeatedly found Boozer and Brewer for the short open jumpers in the paint.

AK-47 killed us off the bench including a 3 pt dagger from the corner with about a minute left in regulation to make the score 90-88.

We got beat in OT 10-7, but had a chance to possibly win the game as we had the ball with 25 seconds left ( 18 on the shot clock) but Bynum drove to the hoop and lost it going up against Williams.

We got to find some bigs other CV who can shoot or are not afraid to shoot. Ben hit a jumper, had a nice put back lay up and hit two FT, but the rest of them........ Summers, Max and JJ were a combined 6-9 shooting compared to 7-18...for Stuckey. In fact if JJ is going to start and play 20 mins, he needs to shoot more or be in position to shoot instead of hoisting those three balls....other wise Stuckey is going to rush to the hoop for a TO...:(
  14. coynejeremy

One other thing. I am officially CALLING OUT you fans that think its okay to hope for big games by Piston opponents in the name of your fantasy team. I'm TIRED of hearing this GARBAGE! CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF!!!!! Bill Laimbeer should be let loose on the lot of you, and you do NOT want to mess with this armpit hair:

[​IMG]

I have Carlos Boozer on my fantasy team. Today, I was hoping for a big fat DONUT from him. I'm talking 0 points, 0 rebounds, maybe 20 turnovers for good measure. When your team plays your fantasy player, you support YOUR TEAM!!!!!! I don't EVER want to hear this kind of GARBAGE before a Piston game up in here. Consider yourself warned. Big Bad Bill is watching you...
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The team has trouble handling the ball despite the great guard play but a lot of that has to do with the lack of a big inside to pass the ball to and work off of. Even Rip and Tay might help the turnover problem. Here is what looked encouraging. We had guys on the floor individually that absolutely looked better than what Utah had personnel wise. You get the feeling that even one quality big and the Pistons are back making noise.
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Nice effort... they're growing as a cohesive unit.
    Everytime our guards drove inside their whole team collasped down low... would like to see a drive and kick back to the perimeter.

CV vs Boozer... looked like a draw considering Charlie played some D (Ben had the resposibility most of the night).
    Speaking of Ben... he's still one hellava defender... he's the primary reason we're keeping the scoring own.... nice to see the old NFZ back in action.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good defense. Lots of work on the offense needed. How about work on just inbounding the ball?

For the first half, Kuester actually seemed to be using a rotation. And avoiding the 3 guard thing. But in the 2nd half, he pulled JJ rather early and used 3 guards a lot after that. We did start the 4th quarter with Summers at small forward, and did fine defensively in that stretch while repeatedly turning the ball over.

Summers hit his first NBA three.

CV and BG were quite the scoring duo, if CV could keep in the game. Hopefully, if CV continues to play D for long enough, the refs will start giving him some breaks.

Ben Wallace was doing his D thing, containing Boozer well for much of the game. But Boozer was let to shoot a few jumpers, in his range, and made them when the game was on the line. We had too many unchallenged shots on the perimeter late in the game.

Wilcox played about 7 minutes. It wold have been more but he got his nose knocked pretty hard and could not return after playing just a minute or so in the 2nd half. I liked his play - getting to defensive plays. Great contrast vs. Kwame who does not get to plays. Very nice to have a game where the other team never gets a stretch where they can fast break on us at will.

JMAX was just part of that good D. Daye played only briefly in the 2nd quarter. JJ played a lot in the first half, little in the 2nd. JJ is another guy who could use some calls his way.

Bynum and Stuckey scored enough, got to the basket plenty. Not enough calls for us in all as far as getting to the line. They interviewed Bynum: apparently he is playing hurt and has been much of the season. Some kind of foot injury. (sprained foot?)

No Kwame. Rip and Tay still far away from returning. No Atkins sightings for several games now.

Certainly not enough assists. Certainly too many turns. And yet, all game long the Pistons found ways to score and stay right in the game. Eight point lead for us at one point. I guess you can call this one a gutsy loss.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man do we get a lot of points in the paint this year... and it's virtually all from our guards. They are an unstoppable force.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Lee, good summary. Yes, inbounding the ball seems to be a problem...
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Me too, problem is, the perimeter player doesn't follow the penetrating guard to create a decent passing angle, too much standing around when the 3 guards penetrate. Part of this is just learning to work as one, as a team. The other 4 players don't thnk the ball will be passed so they rarely move, and the penetrator isn't trusting the other 4 players yet. It'll come together, there are flashes of it, just no consistency.

I disagree. Our transition D with Wilcox was terrible, to his defense I will assume it was lack of communication and chemistry because of unfamiliarity. There were times where he was back but utterly failed to PICK UP his man. But he had a decent outing.

As far as this game goes, I think Summers made a case for himself tonight, he's learning on defense, and he's capable on offense. Keep giving him consistent minutes and after 10 games I think he can beat out JJ and Maxiel for minutes at SF and PF. Towards the end of the game he was on the floor and we did indeed get stops in the halfcourt because of his P&R defense. Shouldn't be a surprise, no Georgetown player coached by the John Thompson's came into this league without being defensively sound.