at Utah Jazz Monday January 3 9:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

No he didn't do well last night, but think about the possibility of it, no way does Stuck get abused like that again by the likes of the Ronny Price.

We can argue all day about who's better at running the point, T-Mac or Stuckey, why? Because it's actually arguable, what is no longer arguable is that Stuckey is having a superior season to Will Bynum. Now when we sit the starting PG, we bring in our leading scorer. T-Mac does a fantastic job of getting Tay, Gordon and Charlie V going early, now you bring in Rip, Daye and Stuckey .......... I LIKE IT!!!!!

If T-Mac doesn't start at point, he's gonna play as the backup SF which buries Daye. I think we finally found a rotation that we can compete with and get our young'ns some experience.
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Great rotations last night, get JMax out of it for Summers and it would be perfect.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It only happened once last night that I recall, but T-Mac got Big Ben a dunk in the 1st Q off of a pick and roll because the D needs to respect his outside shot.

I think the Pistons would have won last night if they weren't so worn down from the grueling schedule they've played. They'll get 3 more days off following tonight's game.

I would have gone with Rip at the end of the game also. At some point people may need to concede that he has always been a better player than Gordon.

Stuckey being out has liberated the Piston rotations.

It is funny to listen to the road team announcers take off-handed jabs at the Pistons. Matt Harpering last night said approximately 20 times, "The Pistons don't really run an offense, it is all one on one."
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

If Wilcox can stay healthy I like him here but got to get Summers ready since Wilcox is fragile right now.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Summers is as much of a PF as Maxiel is a SF. Summers is not a PF. you all are letting his build fool you.
  6. Delfino Delivers

But he is young and we don't know what we have. We know what Max is.

Gotta see if this guy can give us anything going forward. Seems to me he would be a good compliment to Charlie V. since they can both stretch the floor. When we bring him in for Charlie; the offensive playbook doesn't have to change much.
  7. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

RIP has been and still is better than Gordon. Everyone always talks about RIP's contract, but I would much rather trade Gordon. I think that one is more untradeable.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Charlie has a nice offensive repertoire, don't pigeon hole him into a 3 point chucker, Summers is a totally different player than CV. And i know what we have with Summers, a really good shooter who can play some D, but another Piston who can't play above the rim.
  9. Delfino Delivers

With scoring being one of our issues when Max is in the game; I would think a shooter is what we need along with someone that keep the floor spread instead of clogging the middle like Max.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...what playbook?
  11. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

first time here I see happy ppl with the lost game! :cold:

welcome back, teal era.

11 wins by new year.

...and still not so healthy and in good form TMac is the best player.

To where this team has to drop before Dumars understands that individually there is a lot pf potential but as a team it is impossible to pan out. ( because of you can't play 5 SFs, etc)

...and I hate euro coins...to heavy and shiny.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Only way for the Pistons to beat the Jazz at this point is to assure that Deron Williams is injured for the next game or trade for him. Dude has never lost to the Pistons since he entered the league and is 9-0 against them...
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey is fine off the bench (last night notwithstanding) as long as Hamilton isn't coming off the bench too. Those two should never be paired up, ever.
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I won't defend Gordon because he hasn't earned that in his two years here, but I think he is definitely a better crunch time shot maker than Hamilton and he certainly spreads the floor better.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You won't get much argument about that, but having T-Mac (6'8") at PG, Rip (6'7") at SG and Tay (6'9") at SF works better for us defensively (as a unit). Rip is a better defender than Gordon and you don't get too worried if he ends up switched onto a PG or SG. Also Rip simply missed a good shot (that he just swished on the prior possession) that could have won us the game. Not trying to be a defense attorney for Rip here, just saying I can see and understand the logic of going with Rip over Gordon LAST NIGHT.
  17. max

max All-Star

I wondered about that too but that would have taken some actual brain power from the coach.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

It's the lesser of two evils. Hamilton has more length than Gordon, but he's still a bad defender, a really bad defender actually. It's just slightly worse for Gordon because he's shorter with no length.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Our tall perimeter players are naturally bad defenders if there is no shot blocking behind them and great if there is. Their length bothers shots, but they have to be able to cheat out to do that.

Right now, we have no paint protection at all.
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor