At Utah Jazz Jan. 10th, 9:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I also really liked Sheed going after the ref when the first foul was called against DET while he was on the court followed by 'Ball don't lie'. Those have been building up inside him.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Oh man, you're killing me Ernie. :rofl:

3. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Re: At Utah Jazz Jan. 10th, 10:00 PM

Its cool, we never had a chance, really.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Re: At Utah Jazz Jan. 10th, 10:00 PM

okay i just skimmed through it...looks like they were hot early, we did a nice job of clawing back but just ran out of gas in the last few mins of every quarter and ended up taking stupid fouls, not watching who we were supposed to defend, clanking shots and using our hands instead of our feet to defend.

blah game all around. stuckey had a nice first half (minus that first bunny he missed) but was clearly laboring. maybe give him tuesday off and let AI/Rip start? lol

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well, i'm glad i went with my instincts. Slumdog Millionaire was an awesome movie people!

And this thread is pretty hilarious although unintentionally.

Amir's stat line looked rough. Looks like he misses Sheed (unless Sheed started then WTF?!)

AI/Tay were usual and bla. Stuck looked like he had a good game. Wasn't Brewer injured/sick? Who did he light up?

And good ol Memo. Too bad you can't look like this vs. every team in the league. We haven't been playing well for a few games now. It was going to be tough to pull out.

Rip come back. I miss you! (even if no one else does LOL)

edited to add;

Sheed's injury is starting to worry me if he still looked well injured.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't have NILS, but i just looked at the box and i like that besides the 1st quarter we kept their PT relatively low and matched them on the glass. These types of losses are much better.

7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Tired legs I assume after a last second loss in Portland, a grind it out win in Denver (mile high altitude) and then a back to back with a team that traditionally we have a difficult time beating.

2-2 road trip without Sheed, Rip(hmmmmmm)a less than 100% Dyess and Stuckey, I'll take it.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

If Memo went into cardiac arrest last night and started to convulse and stagger around the court clutching his chest ala Freddie Sanford I still think Amir would have left his feet and fouled him.

6 fouls in 8 minutes? You can't be serious.

9. roscoe36

That's what I thought when I read the box Ernie.

You can hear the countdown until Sheed comes back and Amir loses his starting job in 3 - 2 - 1 ...

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I also liked the part when Kwame grabbed a rebound and jumped ON TOP OF Memo, and then got to shoot free throws. Hilarious!

One thing I didn't like was when Stuckey, AI and Amir ran in on a break, and Stuckey gave the ball to Amir, who had a defender between him and the basket, when AI was on the other side with no defender in between. Result: offensive foul Amir. Then again, Stuckey may have wanted to draw the defender toward Amir in the hopes that AJ would then give the ball to AI for an easy layup. Is this an indicator of low B-ball IQ on AJ's part, or on Stuckey? Or just a momentary lapse in judgement?

11. roscoe36

There are going to be times when trying to force feed Amir and Kwame are going to have negative consequences. Stuckey should know better than to subsidize Amir's poor play, and Amir is just clueless sometimes, because you could see that charge coming once they passed the 3 point line. I know I did.

12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

true roscoe, although stuckey could've helped it out by either faking the shot and then passing, or giving it to AI who could then feed amir for an alley-oop. hopefully a lesson learned for all.

13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I don't get to see too many games, so I must make judgements based on limited views. Last nite was the first full game that I watched. Two things noted...First, the other team really gets to the lane easy these days. Second, Amir really likes to [STRIKE]bump[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]blast[/STRIKE] LEAN into those opposing players. Seriously though, he MUST play better in other games to remain on the team. Third, Curry must be GLUED to that chair.

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think Amir will settle down once Sheed is back in the SL next to him. This hyper-fouling has coincided with that. Before he was at a normal fouling rate (for him anyway).

Actually, this has gotten MUCH better this year. Ironically when Amir is in the game. We are not nearly as vulnerable to penetration as we were earlier in the year/last year as we are now.

15. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

Amir. all talent, no maturity. Just refuses to be an intelligent player. He missed out on the college years. Hopefully some day........

16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

thats what I was thinkin was gonna happen

17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

He'll get there. he works too hard not to. He commits most of his fouls by over extending himself, he'll play real good d then reach or jump and get called for the foul at the last second. Once he gets a comfort zone and realizes he has to be more selective on when he picks his spots to make those attempts. Experience is all the young fella needs.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

That was absolutely poor PG play. Stuckey played pretty poorly last night all in all.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

He does? I don't see any aspect of his game that indicates he has worked on it.

20. roscoe36

I think we shouldn't confuse frantic with hard work. Afflalo obviously works hard, without being frantic.

Some of this is growing pains. Some of it is just that Amir is not particularly good at seeing the game as it happens.