at Toronto Raptors Wednesday November 4 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That 3-point shot is deadly.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, they do have Amir.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He has made the most 3 pointers in the L this year.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Good hard fought game, UGLY 2nd qtr. When Rip and Tay get back, Bye-Bye Wilcox. Nice to see Max show up for work, but he only does once every 4 games. I was wrong about Wilcox, he just don't get it. Charlie's defensive IQ has to be about -125. The game was lost with Kwame and Wilcox playing together. JJ is not a pure 3, more like a 3 1/2. After tonight I feel as if Tay($10M), Max($5M) and Wilcox($3M) are all expendable, $18M that needs to be traded away, right now I'd trade all three for AK-47 (Good thing I ain't the GM).

5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I'm not that discouraged by this game at all. If we had had either Rip or Tay I think we would have won this game. For sure if Rip had been healthy and playing.

Stuckey worries me with all that driving right into people. I know he got the calls last night but it seems like a bad overall strategy, and when the calls start swinging the other way where will we be when he gets in foul trouble?

The low assists combined by our point guards are troublesome too. We've got Ben Gordon on our team, guys! Pass the ball to him as the first option instead of calling your own number. I mean I know it looks good when it's working for them but when it stops they will have forgotten how to pass at all.

Still...I feel very hopeful about our team so far this season.:):hoops:

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Passes to Ben Gordon don't necessarily show up as assists. He likes to juke around a bit before he scores. If he puts 30 points on the board, it must mean that somebody gave the ball to him.

7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Stuckey and Bynum are not looking to pass. There would be easy buckets if the guards would just look for a pass instead of the shot.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The problem is that the Pistons beat an upper tier team without passing the rock. Once that happen it gave both Stuckey and Bynum the confidence that they could shoot and ask questions later ...worst though they think they are better than what they actually are and they could get a wade call. if the coach is letting them get away with then we need captain Rip back on the floor to reel them in.

Also neither appear to trust anyone other than themselves taking it to the hole. Not even the new guy Gordon. If either of them knew for certain that Kwame, Max, Wilcox, JJ or Big Ben were going to fill it up, they may think pass first and shoot later, but as long as we got bigs that can't shoot straight whether it is from the floor or the free throw line...will & Rod are on going to take the shot.

Both think they are the goto guy in crunch time. Once Rip comes back, I probably would not even put Stuckey on the floor in a tight game in crunch time. if we got to go small, put Will out there with Rip and Gordo.

Need to think about shipping Tay & Max or Tay & Wilcox somewhere in exchange for a power forward who can give us 18/9 everynight and will not step aside to allow free chilli in the paint.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder if a team ever had 4 guards as their top 4 scorers:

Gordon 25.2
    Rip 25.0
    Stuckey 15.8
    Bynum 12.4

That is 78.4* points per game out of the guards. The Pistons only average 89.6.

* With Rip missing 4 games, these numbers are somewhat misleading. It is too complicated to explain to guys like Darth Tater, but everyone else probably understands what I'm talking about.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I understand, but want to add that the only other two on the team averaging in double figures is Tay with 12.3 and CV with 11.0. None of the other bigs or players for that matter average more than 4.2 and that is Big Ben.

That means two things, either the guards don't pass to the bigs because they are selfish, or the guards don't pass to the Bigs because the bigs can't shoot.

Either way I am surprised that we average 14.8 assists per game??? We averaged 22.3 APG in Billups/Flips last season in 07/08.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would doubt that it has ever happened. Joe D is rewriting the book on [STRIKE]winning[/STRIKE] basketball.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Interesting...The Pistons are sitting 10th in the Eastern Conference with a 2-3 record, while the Bulls are in first place in the Central. They just beat the Cavs last night to end their 3 game win streak.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yabbut, Lebron didn't get all the calls. That game should have an asterisk next to it.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think anyone who was paying attention would dispute that with Rip and Tay, we might be 5-0 right now.

Would the Bulls be in first place without Rose for 4 games?

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

BTW, Deng and Noah did an excellent job defending LeBron on that last play. I'm impressed.