1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Toronto Raptors Wednesday November 4 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

funny Stuck open the last two games with some nice short jumpers to get the Pistons started ...but in the second half he seems to try to do to much and likes to just run into traffic. Problem is, it looks like defenses already know his m~o and are ready for the block. Bynum tries the same ole stuff and is probably more successful, but still these guys don't have the Wade or Kobe or even the Billups rep to get that call yet...

Lets face it, Stuckey cannot be the man or got to guy in crunch time. Will won for us last night but he can't be the man either... Stuckey took darn near as many shots as Gordon took and he played 10 minutes less sitting out most of the second qtr...

The next question is wtf happen to the defense in the second qtr?? 44 pts?? I checked the game log the raptors scored 18 pts in the last 4 mins with Wilcox, Jonas and C Vill in there with Bynum and Gordon....don't think we can play that group[ together again...unless they can put in some practice time between games

still got to be impressed with the back to back comeback effort after being down by 17.... Rip where ya at dude??

2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Daye already looks better than our young bigs now or in the recent past.

Our front court is just not up to NBA standard.

Have to wait a while to see what the team looks like at full strength.

If there is a way to keep Rip and Gordon on the floor together and still rebound and play defense, then the team can win some games. CV will get better though I think he has never been taught defense and Daye looks like a key player down the line.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

DAYEshaun!!!

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What's with our guards never passing when they drive?... this needs to be brought up at the next team meeting... predictability = blocked shots... come on man pass the damn ball would ya.

I'm ready to see what Daye can do with decent minutes... no problem admiting I was wrong with this prospect... please no PF for "Twiggy".

5. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

just checked the yahoo sports box score...

Rodney Stuckey: 5-18FG, 5 BLOCKS AGAINST!

sigh

gotta give it up to Ben Gordon though

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Stuckey left the game for the rest of the 1st half with 9:30 left in the 2nd quarter with the Pistons down 2. By halftime they were down 12. Imjussayin....

BTW, I don't recall Stuckey sitting in the 2nd half. You make it sound like he came in the game and that's when it was lost.

What I did notice was Max leaving the game mid-way through the 4th (for Big Ben), and having the game change. Max was +6 in the 4th. Ben Was -11 in the 4th.

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

StckeyLover?? kisskisskiss...Yes, when we went on our run,,Bynum and gordon were with Daye,max and BBBBen; The lead WENT to 17 with Stuck forcing shots...

when it was 93-93 , the first thing Stuck tdid upon entering was miss a straight on jumper from top of the key. The Raptors then went on their run as stuck went 0-4 while whining about missed calls.

He's trying to be a score first guard and get his shots and is not running the offense. When the offense breaks down, its because we dont have a TEAM first point guard.

Stuckey's season FG%: 34.1

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I got home at the start of the 2nd quarter, turned on the TV and instantly heard "and another foul on Toronto and it's on Amir Johnson again!". He seemed to pretty well though.

After the Orlando game various people made comments along the lines of I can't believe how good the Pistons defense is while their offense struggles.

What surprised me has been hearing Blaha and Special K say repeatedly over the last 2 games how the Pistons best chance to win is to slow the game down and control the tempo. Has Joe D pulled a fast one and gone rouge on the new NBA?

Toronto looked pretty good at times. I was impressed with the way they were able to find and exploit mismatches on offense. They look to be a much better half court team.

Conversely, there are just way too many times that the Pistons inbound the ball and you can tell there is not a chance in Hades that a pass is coming.

I watched the game live so it is not my fault that they lost. I'm looking at you all.

Maybe they should take Stuckey off the ball and play him at the 3 to start the 4th. He's got kind of a pre-2009 A-Rod thing going on.

Daye looked OK. You can't kill him for some of the fouls he was called for, that is an NBA thing and I think his shots will start to drop once he gets accustomed to playing.

To be fair, I didn't even notice they were playing without Tay and Rip until it was brought up during the telecast.

I think Wilcox is a stiff and if I am being honest I don't think Villanueava is that far ahead of him.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If there is one thing our bigs can do, it is dunk the ball. Stuck and Bynum should be routinely dropping it off to them for easy points.

On a separate note, anybody notice Kwame Brown's extreme interior passing this year? It's not like they are good passes, but he looks like he spent the summer working on it. No lookers, touch passes, and wrap arounds. The problem is that they are usually to another big who has no idea that passes like that are coming.

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The NBA is not ready for Amir Johnson. :pound::pound::pound:

11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...Weezy. :frusty:

At this point I think that I'd rather have LARRY Wilcox than Chris Wilcox.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You guys have to admit that with no refs, Amir would get less than half of those whistles.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

I had to go look it up, but that is a tremendous reference right there. I wish it wasn't true.

14. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Snicker, Snicker. Poor guy, he's probably wishing he had an eye patch right about now.

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Aside from the horrid 2nd quarter, this was a good game to watch. I loved the fact that the team showed some resiliency and fought back instead of folding on the road on the second night of a back-to-back.

Not sure I like starting JJ, but that's just until Prince comes back. I think eventually he may be the 1st PF off the bench. He was a perfect 3-3 from the field and plays the game with a passion. Made some rookie mistakes like tipping boards instead of grabbing them when he has the opportunity. He did it about 3-4 times and only once did it go to a Pistons player.

I was pleased with the way Daye played. He plays with a cool confidence. He'll be a key reserve until Prince gets moved (or ages more). He'll also be the reason why Dumars won't draft the next Carmelo. :sssh:

I think Big Ben was a bit tired for this one.

Ben Gordon is fun to watch. He makes it look all so easy. I hope he gives some pointers to Stuckey & Bynum during practice.

Charlie sucks at D, but he seems like he's willing to try doing it. There was a nice come from behind block on Turk. But his post defense is non-existent. Bosh had his way with him at will.

Wilcox needs to wake up. He needs to ramp up his game and athleticism or he'll get long stretches of DNP-CDs this season. Currently, I'd rather have MAX or JJ on the floor than him.

I'm not too depressed about this loss. Bargnani caught fire and Bosh abused the poor post defense we had when Big Ben was sitting. But, their bench had an outstanding night. I cannot believe the likes of JJack, Bellinelli and Wright can have their game on along with Barg going crazy all at the same time very frequently. Toronto is much better than last year, without a doubt. However, this is a team we can beat in a 7-game series should we meet in the playoffs.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's a real likely match-up!

17. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I dont think that matchup is remotely possible. IF we make the playoffs, it will be against one of the big three!

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

You're probably right. We can safely assume that Boston-Cleveland-Orlando will be 1-2-3 seeds. So, the only way we play Toronto is if the two land 4-5. I doubt that both us and Toronto will get past both Atlanta and Miami.

I hope for a #6 or #7 seed so we can play Orlando in the 1st round. Some things never change.
    :MusicBigGrin:

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

I could see Toronto giving CLE a lot of trouble if they met.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Shaq can't defend a guy like Bargs out on the perimeter. Il Mago has really raised his game since about the All-star break last season. I think he will end up being a better version of Nowitzki. He seems to have more of a nose for inside contact around the hoop and defense.

I was quite impressed with Bosh last night, but now I think he might not be the best player on that team.