At Toronto March 26 7PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by max, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

haha nice one.

i forgot to mention amir johnson, he played great defense on bosh and didn't foul him late in the 4th quarter. that was very encouraging to see.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That crunch time block on Bosh was pretty amazing. Bosh is the kind of player that Amir should be able to bother. They are similar builds and CB shoots a lot of FT line jumpers.
  3. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

These last few minutes are all I saw of this game. And I too was frustrated by those shots. I think your question might have been rhetorical, but since I asked it myself as I watched those triples being launched I thought to myself, these guys have won too many games with that over the past number of years. Of course, they have also lost a bunch of games with those choices. But it's like the psych experiment with the soda machine that only sometimes doesn't give you a soda for your money -- you keep putting money into it just in case. Interesting that in the final couple of minutes Stuckey was the one trying to get to the basket and get a two or an and one.
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

just for another point of view.... we made a good percentage of them last night and as we closed that margin both of them made 3's to make it as close as they were.

so without the 3's we wouldn't have been close enough to complain about the 3's....
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I agree with what DBA said, but in the same vein, the starters most of the time refuse to pass to the bench players. Even Max barely gets the ball when he posts up. The only person who gets it (and still not everytime he calls for it) is Sheed.

It's both i guess. A problem with the Guards dominating the offense with jumpshots galore (be design or not), the post not being emphasized, and the seniority thing on the team.

When we have a lineup of 2 starters and bench guys, the other team doesn't really have to focus on anyone else. The starters usually take all the shots. Stuckey being the lone exception being he is the PG, but even he will be froze him out at times.

It's stupid, but probably not going to be a habit that will be broken at least this year.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with that. Chauncey hit 50% and I thought he had a good look at the end. He and Sheed both seemed to be "on."
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They needed the 3's to close the gap, no doubt. I think they would have been better served when it was 83-77 to go for 2's there. Just by scoring they're increasing the pressure on T-Dot. Going for the 2 though is kind of a glaring problem for them though. They don't have anyone to get those scores for them.
  8. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I guess I figured that Chauncey could get to the line just by getting himself into the paint and scoring a couple of free throws with the clock stopped would have made it a four point game with more than a minute to go.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's a habit that won't be broken until Flip is long gone and the new coach designs up plays for the newbies that old one ones have to follow if they want to play.
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

are you sure that new coach would do that? Or is it just wishful thinking?
  11. LA Dre

Prof, that is what a smart captain would have done and that is what the coached should have coached, but apparently that was not discussed in the prior time out. He did it in the Suns game and got to the line 17 times. Hoisting a 3 ball with 2 mins left in a 5-6 point deficit was not smart basket ball even though that is what got you there. The defense was making stops and the Raptors were almost in panic mode and would have made silly fouls trying to stop CB or whomever was penetrating. A couple of and one stituations could have tied this one and put them in a position to win maybe..
  12. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

wow thats the last time I am going to go by 1 box score thanx Yahoo for making me look stupid!:nerd2:
  13. LA Dre

Don't worry Abe, somebody af the Det News site said that even though the Pistons lost, Samb learned a lot in his 11 mins of playing time and commended Flip for playing him and the rest of the kids. I asked him did he see the game or was he just quoting the yahoo score board?? :laugh: Or was that you?:)