At Toronto March 26 7PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by max, Mar 26, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Honestly i'd like to chalk it up to not caring or laziness, but it might just be them reverting. They do it far too much in close games esp the play for the Sheed 3 that Flip assininely calls even though it NEVER works.

CB should always be 1-7 from 3 if it inspires him to actually go to the basket.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good post Lee...a couple of observations. Hunter may not have played that much if Alf had not got into foul trouble. When Alf went out and Stuckey came in the first qtr, our offense stalled for few minutes and then it got worst when Hunter came in there to join Stuckey. In fact Stuck was only 1-5 in that first half missing 3 layups. The Pistons scored six pts in the first 9.5 mins of the 2nd qtr and then 9 pts in the last 2.5 mins when Flip brought Alf and CB back in. Unfortunately Alf picked up his 3rd foul, went out and theh put Hunter in. Hunter was part of the + at the time with 2 steals that led to a Billups bucket and a FT by Tay. After that as you indicated he was an absolute zero, especially in the third when they outscored us by 14..

I agree that both Sheed and Tay could have attached the rim more especially to open the second half when points were a premium..You would have thought the coaches would have made that adjustment?? Well if they did, Stuckey was the only player listening as he repeatedly took it the rim. Dyess played the entire 3rd qte and even though he hit four jumpers when the Pistons were struggling, his defense disappeared midway through the 3rd qtr.
  3. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

This is getting old, all I can say.
  4. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

stat line of the night and its not pretty

C.Samb Min 11:54 Fg 0-1 3pt 0-0 ft 0-0 +/- -5 reb 0 ast 0 to 0 stl 0 bs 0 ba 0 pf 0 pts 0

The only positive you can take from a stat line like that is 0 turnovers, and 0 fouls. Way to coach:director: him up flipper
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Did Afflalo actually make contact with another human being on the basketball court tonight? Those fouls were pretty suspect.

I guess I really don't care that much since I wasn't overly upset by the loss. It looked like we could make a run at the end, but too little too late.

Of course, it is troubling that this came after the "players only meeting", but Toronto is a good team with Bosh and we were missing our leading scorer slash all-star slash best mid-range jump shooter in the game slash heir apparent to Reggie Miller, so no big deal. And Rip's backup got a 12 minute life lesson from Malloy, Brothers, and Callahan (which he will always carry with him).
  6. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

I was so excited that Afflalo was going to have a serious impact on the game, too, after he scored 5 quick points in the first 2 minutes or so. Oh well :(

The one foul where he just jumped straight up and knocked the ball out of Calderon's hands WAS bull. He was foul prone in college too though, I hope he learns to work around it. I like the kid.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

samb didn't play, that's a mistake in the box score
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That post confused the hell out of me. I was like when did Samb play. I checked the NBA box score twice LOL
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Let's hope he doesn't go into Flip-induced exile after this.

edited to add;

I feel like the Piston's have succeeded. I too have become complacent. I could care less about this loss. Maybe we should all have a team meeting.
  10. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Is there a good reason why we gave away that game? I mean intentionaly giving it away. We probably wanted an extra W in toronto's Box. I will have to check
  11. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Things to take away from this one:

- Rodney is ready for the playoffs. He seems unfazed by big situations.
    - Ahh, Lindsey's back.... ugh. Lindsey is a coach. With Rodney on this team, he should be a DNP every single night in the regular season and playoffs.
    - When Tayshaun doesn't attack early when he gets opportunities, keep the ball out of his hands. He is the ball movement killer. I love when guys like Max/AJ/Theo try to post up in the lane, and he pretends like he's trying to get them the ball, but acts like he can't, so they'll come set a pick for him. Must have happened at least 6-7 times in this game. (Maybe I'll turn this into a drinking game).
    - Dice and Sheed are a bad combo against pick and roll teams. Toronto got into the lane at will, and both were helpless trying to help and recover.
    - Chauncey was starting to feel threatened by Mr. 4th quarter, Rodney Stuckey, and fell into the trap of hoisting bad off-balance jumpers. One in particular stands out. The Pistons were down about 5 w/ about 3 minutes left. Rodney had just made a couple shots in a row. Chauncey comes down and pulls up for one of his patented off-balance threes very early in the clock (trying to draw a foul?). I don't mind the threes off movement or offensive rebounds (like his others), but these momentum killers get on my nerves.
    - Surprise... Amir can still play.
    - I can't wait till AA's not a rookie anymore.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A forgettable game if it were the first two thirds of the season. To come out flat and lifeless at this point though is unexcuseable.

I guess they were looking ahead to Miami.
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey will make many of us very, very happy. He has shown that he's a very good alternative to the jump shot squad. That means, FlipS absolutely has no excuse to rely solely on the starters in close 4th quarters- Stuckey can really provide a spark off the bench since he is the only to one to attack the rim relentlessly. He could be an X- factor in the playoffs, especially if CB keeps trying to force it way too much.
    Also, AA played decent- he and Stuckey will be a very, very nice backcourt with years to come.
    At times, I really can't stand Dyess. He made 3 (or 4) in a row in the 3rd, ok. But he doesn't even try to post up. He is such an offensive killer, he can shake hands with Big Ben who at least remained close to the basket to get offensive boards. Dyess is almost standing in 3pt land, shooting J's and nothing more. Dyess and Sheed should be split up and paired with AJ and Jmax.
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Lack of discipline. Trying to win it on their own.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Yeah, Yahoo had Samb playing and I checked a couple of other places (because I couldn't believe it) and they showed Samb as a DNP.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's about as much cynical inspiration as I could have mustered, good post.
  17. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Did Samb play last nite?

Just read further. Tough playing catch up.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i am really glad someone else noticed this. i saw about 3 or 4 times amir got great position in the post, tayshaun was ready to throw him an entry pass, and then just waited about 10 seconds and forced amir to set a screen so tay could shoot a long jumper 2 feet inside the 3-point line. it was stupid, especially as he went 4/11 on the night. he looked like jarvis out there. i'm all for tay being aggressive (and i know he was moreso because rip was out), but dude if you're cold, stop shooting.

jarvis has been here a year and still hasn't realized that he is not a great shooter while moving, but he is a great shooter when his feet are set and he's standing still.

afflalo got hosed by a few calls, but he looked really good early, scoring 5 of our first 7 points. ford is really quick though.

stuckey looked awesome in the 2nd half/4th quarter. i was really mad when chauncey pulled up for that 3 when we were only down 5-6 and stuckey was hot. it's a shot when didn't need.

sheed looked bored against rasho and gave him open shots, but rasho can hit those. sheed could've dominated him if he wanted but it seems like he felt the dude was beneath him, and didn't try very hard.

since wins/losses don't matter much anymore, we can look to every game now as playoff preparation, and stuckey's performance was good enough for me to come away from the game satisfied.
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Worse, I'm not convinced it's just Prince. The offense seems to be geared towards pretending that you're going into the post and then turning some other direction. A possession often starts with a big man posted and either a guard or Prince ready to throw the ball in. They wait for a bit to see if a double is coming, then break out of that and look for a screen. And of course, no one doubles because the pass never happens.

It removes all notion of the post man becoming a passer and looking for cutters. That only ever happened when Webber was here. Seems like just dropping the ball down there early in the clock every now and then might pay some benefits, but it doesn't seem to be how the offense is structured.
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Samb actually DID play. He's SO thin that when he turns sideways, it's hard to see him with certain camera angles.